Laser testbed ship:Kamaitachi Defense Frigate

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Laser testbed ship:Kamaitachi Defense Frigate

Post by DeathsHand »

Just a ship I came up with, kudos to salanos for the weapon idea.
Ship frame is based around my kamaitachi theme(I'm putting the finishing touches on the whole fleet, hoping to post it soon).

Check out salanos's light show extravaganza here-
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... &start=315

Download here:
http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... achiX2.rar
Last edited by DeathsHand on Sat Mar 15, 2008 9:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It's quite a neat ship, but I think you should look at the parenting. One of the aegis deflectors is parented on the wrong section.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Well, it looks fairly nice, and I like the colors. The only thing I don't like is the stretching, but hey, I don't like anything stretched more than once or twice. I don't have time to download it now, so could you explain what makes the weapons special? I can't tell from the picture, obviously.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

ArcaneDude wrote:It's quite a neat ship, but I think you should look at the parenting. One of the aegis deflectors is parented on the wrong section.

Fixed! :D
Sponge wrote:I don't have time to download it now, so could you explain what makes the weapons special? I can't tell from the picture, obviously.

The beamers spin very quickly, giving it a sort of "laser light show" effect. Very good for taking out weak little fighters.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

ohh its beautiful!
and if its as small as it looks, the stretched sections don't really end up being ugly. Really only bad if its overdone or enlarged to where you can see between the pixals :x
salanos
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by salanos »

Aww, you used my Dreamweaver weapon design. Lulz.

I'll try it later.
[img]http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g200/salanos/Rnvtbw.jpg[/img]
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Ooooh... Pretty :P Man, I have to hand it to you DeathsHand.. But why aren't there more? Or is it just inspiration for the moment?
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen