Minotaur Fleet! Now with Bulldog Frigate and Mad Cow Cutter!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Minotaur Fleet! Now with Bulldog Frigate and Mad Cow Cutter!

Post by Danny420Dale »

Everyone needs a good old-fashioned 'Big Stick' ship. This is my rendition of this idea: the Minotaur Destroyer.

NOTE: THIS SHIP IS NOW RETIRED; ALL NEW DESIGNS USE THE SUPERLASER SHIP HULL AS STANDARD.

Version 1: Armed with six heavy turbolaser turrets, sixteen light turbolasers, twelve laser cannon turrets, and five salvo-launch guided missile launchers. CIWS is thirty autoblaster turrets. Active defense consists of seven Impeders and 24 Shield generators. Passive defense is two-layer Ablative Armor. Three Repair/Damage Control modules effect field repairs while a Microjump drive enables quick dodges and getaways.

This ship is a straight-up brawler designed to smash enemy fleets open with overwhelming force. Its efficient steeply-angled hull enables at least half the ship's firepower is available at any quarter but directly aft, and it is common to see the Minotaur engaging multiple widely-separated enemy fleets. Its rear is vulnerable to attack if the enemy can survive the fire from dedicated tailguns and SGML, but the hull wings protect the engines quite well from flanking attack long enough for heavy guns and missiles to prosecute the offending target.

Version 2: HTLs reduced to two; LTLs to twelve and lasers to ten. Still has thirty Autoblasters and five SGMLs. Impeders reduced to six and Deflectors increased to 29. Main weapon is a multi-component Superlaser weapon consisting of eight Shockbeams. A third layer of Ablative has been added as well.

This ship is adapted for heavy strategic attack of high-value and heavily-defended targets. Its primary HTL battery has been slashed to two, removing two-thirds of the ship's heavy gunfire capability. However, lighter weapons have progressively been less reduced as we go down the scale. Power and space freed up allow for enhancement of shields and armor, ironically making this strategic attack ship tougher than the mainline unit!

The superlaser is a linear array of five-chambered ultra-long-range Shockbeams each capable of 750 megatons DPS at overcharge factor of one, which can go as high as six. One can figure out the whole array's DPS, too. :twisted:

EDIT: Since it's now a fleet, title edited to reflect this.

And now the littlest brother, the Mad Cow.
Last edited by Danny420Dale on Tue Feb 26, 2008 9:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

that green glow is made of much win, and with the color scheme you can't tell how overpowered it is.
Barrage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Barrage »

Epic Colors :o
Very many guns!
Im baaaaaaaaaack!
Again.
[img]http://www.wizards.com/magic/images/whatcolor_isred.jpg[/img][url=http://www.wizards.com/magic/playmagic/whatcolorareyou.asp][b]Take the Magic: The Gathering 'What Color Are You?' Quiz.[/b][/url]
darkone8752
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by darkone8752 »

While the glow and ship looks nice...

[sarcasm] Needs Moar Deflectors [/sarcasm]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Thankee, guise. DL will be up as soon as Sean does an anal craniectomy to the ship DDB.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

I love that neon green glow...it simply disguises the fact that the ship has a complete CRAPLOAD of deflectors... :D
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

are the weapons and deflectors recolored as well? cause that would be freaking awesome.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Well, Danny always was the one clamoring for custom recoloring of weapons so he could have his turbolasers, so yeah, they should be green.
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

That looks...awesome!

Is this based off the shutlle from Bab5?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Normandy wrote:Well, Danny always was the one clamoring for custom recoloring of weapons so he could have his turbolasers, so yeah, they should be green.
Yup. Note the weapon names, after all. :lol:
Tsakara wrote:are the weapons and deflectors recolored as well? cause that would be freaking awesome.
Deflectors colored R64G0B0 (#880000 in Hex) and weapons colored R64G255B0 (#88FF00). Yes, converted from 16m colors (32bit) to Hex (16bit) in my head!
Master Chief wrote:I love that neon green glow...it simply disguises the fact that the ship has a complete CRAPLOAD of deflectors... :D
That's Why I Upload The SB3s!™
ArcaneDude wrote:That looks...awesome!

Is this based off the shutlle from Bab5?
Er, no. It's essentially the Galactic Empire Warship style distilled for BSF.

I may also design a variant to launch TIE-figh- uh, Bees, as well. Also planned is a fleet support tender variant to effect repairs.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Carrier: Stripped out the Superlaser hardware, installed five TIE-fighter bays and reinstalled three of the missing Heavy Turbolasers to bring the number to five. Also installed a few Deflectors in the bow due to fighter bays being shorter than the Superlaser, thus freeing up space. However, six Deflectors were stripped out for the readdition of the Heavy Turbolasers. This results in a total of 27 versus the SL ship's 29.
Tsakara
Captain
Captain

Post by Tsakara »

can we get a pic of the hull minus the hoards of weapons
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Fleet Support: three Platfabbers, nine long-range Repair modules to support nearly any fleet disposition.

'Carrier' redesigned slightly, redesignated 'Ship of the Line'. Armament reupped to six HTLs as per Prototype, one TIE bay deleted, shield grid rearranged.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Danny420Dale wrote:
Master Chief wrote:I love that neon green glow...it simply disguises the fact that the ship has a complete CRAPLOAD of deflectors... :D
Right. So ill whip up a bunch of randomly placed sections, stick a crapload of overpowered weapons on them, call them ships and in case anyone complains, ill put up sb3 so that i don't have to listen to any criticism...
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Kaelis wrote:
Danny420Dale wrote:
Right. So ill whip up a bunch of randomly placed sections, stick a crapload of overpowered weapons on them, call them ships and in case anyone complains, ill put up sb3 so that i don't have to listen to any criticism...
I'm sorry if I design my ships using real ideas for warships: pack em in tight and use all available space.

Anyways, moving on:

The REAL Minotaur Carrier! Just enough guns to defend itself, but plenty of launch bays to give enemy air defense a conniption-fit!

EDIT: Fixed gigantic screwup.
Last edited by Danny420Dale on Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.