Anrki's first post, first fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

anrki
Ensign
Ensign

Anrki's first post, first fleet

Post by anrki »

New guy here,
I though I would take a stab at shipbuilding. they aren't flashy, but are solid, low-tech ships. I plan to make many more, but feedback is always good.
I think the ships are fairly well balanced, and they damage and blow up very nicely. can be used against the ships from the game.

These are the first four ships of sylvona. http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... anrkis.rar

Sylvona is a small planet beyond the outskirts of known "civilized" space.
Space travel in the sylvona system is especially difficult due to the fact that the planet's orbit, and the entire system for that matter, is heavily choked by asteroids, meteors, and space debris. So much in fact that travel by conventional ships is near impossible without high levels of technology, shielding , and the like.

Due to the fact that building any kind of orbital station or shipyards in these conditions is nearly impossible, the sylvonians have designed and built all of their spacecraft around atmospheric flight technology. The sylvonian fleet are the only known hyperspace-capable vessels that can maintain atmospheric flight, they can enter and exit any type of planetary atmosphere at will, as long as the hull has not sustained heavy damage.
This makes the sylvonians far more effective in combat than their tech-level would imply, due to the fact that no space station support of any kind is needed, and the fleet can ambush and retreat to and from any planet at will, not to mention no dropships or orbital support is needed for a planetary strike.

the four basic vessel types are:
fighter. very lightly armored but highly agile, can threaten larger ships in numbers

cruiser: the basic cruiser offers much more offence and defence than the fighter, but are not effective against larger vessels unless in numbers.

heavy cruiser: the heavy cruiser is based around the same design as the cruiser, but larger and more powerful by far. can fight head-on, or preferably by broadside tactics. this vessel can hold its own against numerous small ships.

battleship: the sylvonian battleship packs a lot of firepower and defensive capabilities, but due to the enormous wing area required to heft the vessel in a gravity environment, they are fairly weak in the rear sections. in standard fleet engagements, however, the battleship is a very effective capital ship.

thanks for looking.
anrki
Ensign
Ensign

Post by anrki »

they break nicely:

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

wow these are really smooth and thought out designs, especially for a new builder! Good job for building stock powered, but not ugly like in-game ships. This seems like a well rounded fleet with a original back story, so i can't wait to see more from you. I'm working on a stock fleet so I will play against these now. Bernoulli would be proud.
*edit* minor mirroring issues, not a big deal but would improve the look :wink:
Last edited by jwa8402 on Fri May 23, 2008 12:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Smoothness, consistent designs, I like them.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Hands up if you initially thought this thread was 'Anarki's first post, first fleet'.

Anyway, nice ships. The curves are cool. Try using custom weapon colours.
M123
Captain
Captain

Post by M123 »

jwa8402 wrote:ugly like in-game ships
*Frowns at jwa8402* :x
Exethalion wrote:Hands up if you initially thought this thread was 'Anarki's first post, first fleet'.
*raises hand* :P
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Exethalion wrote:Hands up if you initially thought this thread was 'Anarki's first post, first fleet'.
I raise my hand only to have it lopped off by a lightsaber.
Nice ships, I look forward to seeing more.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Rawr, I raise my hand first. Does look a lot like my name.

Sexy ships. I love those curves. They make me giggle for some reason...
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Bingo.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

*Waves Hand from behind crowd*

There Like Curvy Airplanes. Not bad for a first.
anrki
Ensign
Ensign

Post by anrki »

I made a smaller fighter, a carrier variant, and started on an enemy fleet:
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

Looking good for some first-time ships, though you may want to add some more variation in the designs aside from size. And that's a lot of railguns on the biggest enemy ship, but on the other hand, that's a lot of missiles on the carrier.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

I like the fact that you have really consistant style. They're good but somewhat bland and overly blunt in saying "I AM THIS FACTION'S SHIP."

In fact it reminds me of that chart with the monkey evolving into a person.
Don’t worry it has airbags.