The Papal Fleet (Abandonned): Download Out

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

OMGZORZ111 NEW SHIPZ111

My fleet is back from the dead and looking for brains, but only intelligent ones, so I'm sorry, but MC2 is not welcome here.
Seriously now, after a long period that was definitely lacking in productivity, I've made four new ships for you all. They are: Evaristus MkV the final light support ship, armed with two reflectors (kudos to Chaos Theory for creating them), Telesphorus MkIII armed with Genesis, Telesphorus MkIV armed with The Crucifier, and finally, but not least, The Miltiades. It is the newest dreadnought in the papal fleet. Look in the firs post for all this and more (well just all this), also, I changed some of the weapon names, and some of the pictures I'm posting are slightly different from the ships now but it doesn't matter.

Also, kudos to whoever can figure out the new pope name joke (it's very easy to figure out so I retract my kudos ahead of time).
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Sixtus the Sixty-Sixth.

OMFGZ ITZ TEH ANTI-POEP!!1!1!1

...Yeah, that was so obvious that it hurt.

The newest one's big "supernova" blast is shiiiiiiiiny. @___@
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Damn, now I have to think of another terrible name for the pope, anyways, coming soon, the Angel of Merkabeh gets pwoned again.

Also, the burst was 720, I'm thinking of making it 1440 or 2880 or maybe 3600, that would mean 10 shots every degree!
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Any comments, anyone?
Fine then, back by popular demand (mine) here are some pics of it pwoning ArcaneDude's Angel of Merkabeh (for the third time) and two of his hellish vultures. This is right after fighting a Zephyrinus. I'm beginning to think that the Miltiades might be a bit overpowered, but then I remembered that the Zephyrinus' AI didn't use the deiterling or even face the Miltiades for most of it.
Last edited by Bad Boy on Tue Feb 26, 2008 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Best backstory ever.

I like half of your ships. The other half seems to be on the blocky side.
BlueSoul
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by BlueSoul »

I second the epic backstory. I laughed at the 'dead popes' part, too. Hooray for wikipedia. But I see all of these 'papal' weapons. Where's the papal magnet? (Old Populous joke...)

lulz aside, the color scheme you picked is quite divine.
What, then, is your role in Our grand design?
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

After looking at your ships, and at the 666 thing, one half of my brain screams "HERETIC!", the other half says "UBER COOL SHIPS!".
You could name him Pope Jacob Eisenhower The Fifth.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

After looking at your ships, and at the 666 thing, one half of my brain screams "HERETIC!", the other half says "UBER COOL SHIPS!".
You could name him Pope Jacob Eisenhower The Fifth.
lol thanks, in terms of a new name for the pope, I'm looking for something with a bad joke behind it, but for now, Jacob Eisenhower the Fifth will suffice quite well.

Anyways, comments about any of the ships are welcome. In a while, I'll post pics of the three ships that I don't have pics of. Also, once I've made two more dreadnoughts, five destroyers, four more battleships, and possibly a super-dreadnought or two, I'll upload the fleet for you guys to try out.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

DAMITT, QUIT USING MY SHIPS AS CANNON FODDER!

Naaahh, I don't mind. Is that the updated Angel? Cos if it is, that is one serious wanker.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

AND PLEASE STOP STRETCHING THE FORUM. KTHNX.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

I would have constructive comments on your ships, but I can't post any, unfortunately, because your goddamn picture setup is stretching the forum page layout, and I can't fucking read anything because of it.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

True. Crop those damn pictures, or I'm gonna stab you on one of the Angel's spires.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
AllStarZ
Captain
Captain

Post by AllStarZ »

bien4500 wrote:You could name him Pope Jacob Eisenhower The Fifth.
After the Dutch-American pope.
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

DAMITT, QUIT USING MY SHIPS AS CANNON FODDER!
NEVER!
Naaahh, I don't mind. Is that the updated Angel? Cos if it is, that is one serious wanker.
It's the updated one, and yeah, I'm thinking that it might be a bit overpowered, especially since I first created the fleet with the intention of being stock balanced. Thank God (or the pope) that that idea went down the drain sometime around when I made the Anacletus MkV.
True. Crop those damn pictures, or I'm gonna stab you on one of the Angel's spires.
They are cropped. Before cropping and resizing, they were a lot bigger.
I would have constructive comments on your ships, but I can't post any, unfortunately, because your goddamn picture setup is stretching the forum page layout, and I can't fucking read anything because of it.
AND PLEASE STOP STRETCHING THE FORUM. KTHNX.
Sorry, it fits fine on my monitor. Besides, you can always scroll sideways. But I may resize all of the pictures to make them smaller.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Sorry, it fits fine on my monitor. Besides, you can always scroll sideways. But I may resize all of the pictures to make them smaller.
You have a monitor that displays 12,000 x 7,500 pixels? Sweet. The rest of us don't.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]