Ok this is my first collection of ships.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Ok this is my first collection of ships.

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

These are ships that are simalir and look nice togather, so i guess i made my first fleet

Wilbky
Captain
Captain

Post by Wilbky »

They don't look that good, honestly. No real style is being followed. The hull designs aren't looking to hot.
[img]http://img177.imageshack.us/img177/7827/ouranhostclubuserbarba9.png[/img]
[img]http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/1041/waffleuserbaroq0.png[/img]
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Ehh they arn't that bad, so they don't follow a set design I just don't like the exposed cores or the nearly floating mega tachs on the red one.

EDIT: nvm guess it is a fleet...mef whatever.
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

lol i figured they would be shuned from existes but i guess not...
Noc
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Noc »

They get kudos, though, for diverging from the general "brickiness" of other ships. I'm not sure how effective they'll be, but with the whole handfulls of deflectors on one hand and the lattice-based, fragile looking structures and exposed cores on the other, things may balance out to make decently balanced ships.

They may not look sleek, but with a little touching up and some rethinking of the weapons placement, I feel like I'd infinitely prefer these to dense, flavorless wedges with rows of beamers on each side and every surface stacked with Aegis.
Perturabo
Commander
Commander

Post by Perturabo »

They look ok, but there are WAY too many deflectors and nano modules on those bigger ones.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

7 nanos makes it harder to defeat by a factor of about...70? 90?
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

the core is very vonarable, so it doesn't really matter.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Depends on the core HP. Nanos are like... 1 HP regen per frame per nano I think, so that's 7hp a frame, or 210 per second which translates to 12600 a minute.

I think. I may be wrong here. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Arcalane wrote:Depends on the core HP. Nanos are like... 1 HP regen per frame per nano I think, so that's 7hp a frame, or 210 per second which translates to 12600 a minute.

I think. I may be wrong here. :|
I remember reading something that said Nanos were more like1 HP per 10 frames. I can't say for sure, but I'm pretty confident I've never seen a nano repair 30 damage per second.

Either way, I don't think the 7 nanos would make it that much harder to beat. The deflector overkill, however, will. Nanos are long term devices, and so can be easily overcome with decent firepower.
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

you know i did a test thay was of a ship with just deflecters, they acctualy do take damage just a very small amount.
sarnas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sarnas »

Saint Jamez911 wrote:you know i did a test thay was of a ship with just deflecters, they acctualy do take damage just a very small amount.
English please?
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Deflectors immediately repair all damage done. That's how they operate, and that's why you can kill a shielded (even aegis) section with a hard enough hit. So there would be an average of a slightly less-than-maximum HP on a section under constant fire.

...depending on how the program prioritizes printing the information.
Saint Jamez911
Commander
Commander

Post by Saint Jamez911 »

i usally just leave the aegis alone, to complicated for my small brain to understand...
sarnas
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by sarnas »

Saint Jamez911 wrote:i usally just leave the aegis alone, to complicated for my small brain to understand...
I can understand that man, stuff like counting from 1 to 30 can be really, really difficult. But honestly, Aegis are not the answer to everything.