New Ships of Seraphim Industries - Updated 08/03/08

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

I agree with Arcane Dude, they would look nicer if the pieces were individually coloured. It's not that much work, I'm building a 1000 something piece ship (my goal is around 1500 or 2000, right now it's at 915), and individually colouring each section, it's not that much work.

Anyway, the ships look awesome as usual, when are we gonna get a download of the Iskander? Also, how many pieces is the full Gilgamesh, I saw a piece count of 1400 and something, but that was before it was done, how many pieces is it now?
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

ArcaneDude wrote:Then how do you explain the fact that the Richard Wagner (you know, the space-organ) was made in about...twenty minutes? 30?
Actually, that explains a lot . . . :P

Seriously, people. Do you want more good ships, or do you want to have Anna spend another boring hour or so per ship so you don't have to get off your lazy ass and change the colors in the menu? How pathetic.

[edit:] past participle errors
Last edited by ChaosTheory on Sun May 18, 2008 6:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Actually, that explains a lot . . .
Your point being?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

The fact that it's not custom colored means you can apply your own paintjob to it in less than a minute, IMO that's a strong point rather than a weak point.
Siber
Captain
Captain

Post by Siber »

I agree with Chiiro. I've loaded up some of Anna's ships with my own colors and it's looked pretty fantastic. The flexible default colors instead of fixed custom colors allows ships of different builders to be put in a fleet together and look cohesive, and I take great enjoyment in trying different colors for the same ships. If these otherwise fantastic were in fixed colors, I'd find it to be grounds for complaint myself. Given that the default colors are easier to build in anyway... well, it seems to be an easy decision to me.
seriously Anna. seriously oh my gawd seriously.

Author of DAF and Sillyness
Co-founder Homeworld:@
Bad Boy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Bad Boy »

Yes, but it also means you can only have three different colours, which can be somewhat limiting. In all honesty, it doesn't matter, to each their own, some like custom colours, some don't, the main thing is that we should probably stop this before it flairs up into an argument, and then flaming.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Bad Boy wrote:Yes, but it also means you can only have three different colours, which can be somewhat limiting.
It's not. No no no, three different colours are enough for me. More than enough.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Daxx
Captain
Captain

Post by Daxx »

Master Chief wrote:
Bad Boy wrote:Yes, but it also means you can only have three different colours, which can be somewhat limiting.
It's not. No no no, three different colours are enough for me. More than enough.
BSF ships don't work using RGB combination. :roll:

There are arguments for both sides, and the idea that you can have a cohesive fleet is a pretty strong draw, but saying that you won't need any more than three is pretty silly. There's plenty of cool things you can do which you can't do with only three colours.

If anything, a combination of the two is best, since you can do detailing with fixed colours and use a "house colour" scheme with the default colours.
[/post]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Daxx wrote:There's plenty of cool things you can do which you can't do with only three colours.
But there's already plenty of cool things which you can do with only three colours. In fact, those cool things are more than enough for me. That's what I'm saying - I'll do up my fleets, my ships, everything regarding the hulls in three different colours. So that others (who wish to use those ships using their own default colour settings) will be able to have something cohesive with the rest of their fleets and ships, not one ship by me which has a ridiculous amount of custom colours on it.
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

You could use some custom colors on certain areas. (Just learned this, for some odd reason the dark blue I'm using goes good with all three of my house colors)
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Wonderful as the custom color arguement is, I suggest taking it to another topic, please, and not cluttering up Seraph's topic. 1 1/2 pages of it is quite enough.

On topic: I think the thesarus ran out of words for me to say how much better your stuff is than me, Seraph. >.> For kicks, you should post your newest ships, next to your very very first ships, and give us a before and after pic of how you've improved and your styles have changed... :D
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

i just fought the TATARI with the titan class ship i used to defeat the Momento Mori with and the damn thing wasted me :cry:

uber mod much :?
those guns are insane :shock:
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

TormakSaber wrote:For kicks, you should post your newest ships, next to your very very first ships, and give us a before and after pic of how you've improved and your styles have changed... :D
That would be insulting him. :lol:
The idea of seeing Anna's first few ships (beside his current ones) might just drive me along the verge of insanity. It's hard to express in words what I feel, but that guy is the perfect epitome of imba. He always has been, and always will be.
Grenville wrote:those guns are insane :shock:
They always are. Get used to them.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Master Chief wrote:The idea of seeing Anna's first few ships (beside his current ones) might just drive me along the verge of insanity.
http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... nce+gemini ?
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Grenville wrote:i just fought the TATARI with the titan class ship i used to defeat the Momento Mori with and the damn thing wasted me :cry:

uber mod much :?
those guns are insane :shock:
As far as I know, nothing can take down the Tatari. *Replays battle of the Tatari versus three Crusaders in his mind...* :lol:

Oh believe me, I've looked at every single ship he's made through the days and my mouth slammed to the ground, it's amazing how the style changed and how all the new tricks were used.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]