New Ships of Seraphim Industries - Updated 08/03/08

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

not one but TWO mega beamz of death! that ship is just awesome. Its design is nothing but elegant, and yet exudes a sense of power.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Wow, a rather unique design compared to most, but it works for the most part. Did it actually disappear? I've had ships disappear far off screen when other ships exploded, or when I tried jumping them with botched settings on a module...
Your ships piss me off because I can look at them a dozen times and see some new detail each time :wink:
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

jwa8402 wrote:Did it actually disappear? I've had ships disappear far off screen when other ships exploded, or when I tried jumping them with botched settings on a module...
Hah, no. :lol: The dieterling on it is a Standard Issue SIUS Tactical Hyperdrive. It works fine. The story about it disappearing is flavour-text, since I'm going to be writing a story about it and its crew, trying to make their way in a hostile galaxy with no way home.

Thanks for the feedback, guys. :D
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Scorpia
Commander
Commander

Post by Scorpia »

Anna wrote:I'm going to be writing a story about it and its crew, trying to make their way in a hostile galaxy with no way home.
I'll be waiting for that. :P About the ship, perfect smoothness as with all of your ships, and two mega beamzorz = perfect.
[img]http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa224/darthvader5225/SasoriSignaturebySherman.jpg[/img]
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

As usual, awesome. Nice work. :)
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Epic.

Mirroring errors.

Flaming arrow of doom.

Nice wings.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

The umm Astal Light would be awesome if the ship was flying the other way and the pew pew beams were the engine wash.

Maybe you could re-colour the beams in the centre to a more whitish colour to give the whole beam some texture. Kinda like an oversized version of the actual beam sprite which is white in the centre and orange to the sides.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I think it would look better flying the other way, but its still nice.
[size=0]organic shapes are a new style for you too.[/size]STATEMENT RETRACT SERAPH DON'T LIKE IT
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

I'm getting a very Hikari no Tsubasa feeling from the wing generators on the back. Which is awesome.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Fixed the Astral Light up a bit. Corrected the mirroring and layering errors that I could spot, and made the beamer turrets invisible, 'cause they were uglying up the ship, I think.

Download the fixed Astral Light
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Arona Daal
Commander
Commander

Post by Arona Daal »

It looks like a giant tachyon driver, with spikes. I do love the shape of the ship (not the wings), and the spines on it (the red ones).
[img]http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b155/Herumtreiber/Sprites/BeachwithTurtle.jpg[/img] by Me.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I still think it looks better backwards, but very nice!
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Oh hey, I can actually (if barely) run this ship ingame. Excellent.

As always, it rapes the over-loving crap out of any other ship that happens to find itself on the opposing side, but it does it so gracefully that the pain of loss is replaced with the feeling of admiration.
Anna

Post by Anna »

The Astral Light project was not a total loss, however. The ship's experimental FTL drive required an even greater powersource, and as a result, the SIUS developed their most potent powercore to date. It was next utilized on the X24 Balmung-class Heavy Beamcannon, to power both its forward shields and its incredibly powerful laser cannon. The forward shields are potent enough to deflect even its own primary weapon, making head-on assaults rather suicidal.

The downside of this is that the Reactor must be seperated from the rest of the ship, to avoid contaminating the crew with large amounts of radiation. It's also incredibly volatile; destruction of the power core will result in the complete destruction of the ship, more often than not. Shielding was installed around the reactor, but had to be kept to a minimum due to its habit of reacting explosively to strong fields within near proximity.

The SIUS plans on smoothing out these flaws in the near future.

Download the Balmung.

The Balmung's beam cannon is a very potent weapon.
Quality Control Enforcer
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Huge beam is huge. :shock:
Don’t worry it has airbags.