New Ships of Seraphim Industries - Updated 08/03/08

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

I think it's more directly derived from Andromeda.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Yeah, Muug's right, the Glorious Heritage was taken straight from the show Andromeda, although I don't it's a coincidence that it looks similar to some Star Trek ships, as both Andromeda and Star Trek were created by Gene Roddenberry.

And yes, I know about the new custom colours feature. But both of those ships have 1000+ sections. Do you have any idea how tedious it would be to set the colour of each one? I'll give you a hint: very. :lol:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

Oh. Never watched Andromeda.

Ouch about coloring sections.

Don't you think the Glorious Heritage bears an extremely close resembleance to the Lux Maiestas?

[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
Anna

Post by Anna »

They're both based off the High Guard style, so it's no surprise that they would be similar. Well, actually, the Glorious Heritage is a direct rip-off of the lead ship in Andromeda, where as the Lux Maiestas was inspired by it. They're part of the same fleet, and as such, the similarities are intentional.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Ethril
Commander
Commander

Post by Ethril »

Speaking of custom colors, did you ever post the values for your "High Guard" ships? I think it looks neat and I'm getting tired of boring "Stock Green".
Zeron
Captain
Captain

Post by Zeron »

Normandy wrote:
Ethril wrote: Unless they make a giant rainbow-colored superweapon just to freak out their enemies. :roll:
Hrm, how strange, I just had this crazy idea of how to do a "rainbow cannon".
Woot gaybeamz! :P

I love the Nero. It's got those new pulse guns on it and the Uber-mega beams on it, making it seem very Next-gen.
Fade-in,fade-out
Anna

Post by Anna »

Ethril wrote:Speaking of custom colors, did you ever post the values for your "High Guard" ships? I think it looks neat and I'm getting tired of boring "Stock Green".
1blue = 67
1green = 67
1red = 67
2blue = 0
2green = 0
2red = 183
3blue = 163
3green = 163
3red = 163

There you go. :D
Zeron wrote:I love the Nero. It's got those new pulse guns on it and the Uber-mega beams on it, making it seem very Next-gen.
Glad you like it. :D I've got another ship in the works right now. Hopefully it will be just as epic.
Quality Control Enforcer
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Hehe, Seraph, have you thought of replacing all the tiny lasers in the Deicide Superlaser with just one big giant superstretched SM3 laser? :D
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

I always liked the look the many beams gave it personally...
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Okay, maybe one beam isn't great.

Or is it? :lol:
Anna

Post by Anna »

I had actually considered it, but... well, as you can see, the beam looks rather stretch, ugly and horrible, when made that large. :lol: Granted, it wouldn't lag as much, but the effect isn't as nice either. Another benefit of the multi-beamer variant is that it can focus all its firepower on a single area, or can be left with a wide beam.

I'm gonna need to remake the Deicide Superlaser, because the added modability to Megabeams made the ones of the Deicide Superlaser not work properly. I may use larger than usually mega-beamers to cut down on the sheer number of them I used on the other one, though.

154 Megabeams is a lot, even if it does look this cool:
Quality Control Enforcer
Anna

Post by Anna »

Well, I've got eight new ships to share with you guys. :D Here's hoping you like them.

First up is the Mantis, a ship inspired by Talhydras' Faladhi fleet. It's a long-range ship loaded with lotsa plasmas. Enjoy.
Download the Mantis.

Next is the Mantis Beamer Variant, basically a modded version of the above ship with more armour and many short-range beams, designed for getting in close and shredding the enemy to pieces.
Download the Mantis Beamer Variant.

Third is the Avalon, which is basically just the central portion of the Mantis. It's very fast, with rapid-fire short-range weaponry. Designed for getting in upclose and personal and out-flanking larger, slower ships.
Download the Avalon.

And then there's the Unlimited Blade Works. This ship is just fun, mostly. It's fairly heavily armed, and it looks badass, in an odd, swordy sort of way. :lol:
Download the Unlimited Blade Works.

Also, the Squall. This is about the closest thing I've ever made to a stock balanced ship. In a fight against three Cronus' it takes heavy damage but survives. Were the Cronus involved under player control, they could probably beat it.
Download the Squall.

Up next is the Quetzalcoatl. This thing is... odd. It's designed primarily for short-range combat, but it can fight at long range too, although its weapons aren't quite as effective at longer ranges.
Download the Quetzalcoatl.

Now onto the really good stuff. SM3 ships completely decked out in modded weapons. Belonging to the same fleet as the Nrvnqsr, naturally. This is the Scythe.
Download the Scythe.

This is the Gauntlet, a fairly maneuverable, heavily armed and armoured TANK of a ship. It's nasty. And awesome.
Download the Gauntlet.

And lastly is the Nanaya Mk.II. A ship that I was building earlier that I recently remade in SM3 and gave a completely new arsenal. Check it out.
Download the Nanaya Mk.2.
Last edited by Anna on Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quality Control Enforcer
Corvin AA-9
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Corvin AA-9 »

The only thing I have to say is a big WOW!
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

God, I fell in love with your Mantii.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Those Fraxy style turrets on the Nanaya are awesome. I love your newe colour scheming!