First set of new battleships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

crash_maxed
Ensign
Ensign

First set of new battleships

Post by crash_maxed »

I just started playing BSF 2-3 days ago and I screwed around with the editor and here's what i have gotten so far. I built these all (with the exception of the Arthra) to fit into the battleship class of ships. The Arthra is more of a powerhouse, but actually fits quite well in a real battle vs Nagayaship 3. Anyways, here they are.

Bardiche MKII:
This is the second version of the Bardiche class railgun battlecruiser.

Description: Experimental high output railgun can pulse 5 shells at remarkable speed before reloading. However, reload rate is nearly 1/2 minute and the railgun modifications require a stationary firing base so the gun is incapable of turning. As a result the ship must maneuver in order to fire the device.

Armarment:
1x Rapid-Fire railgun
2x Standard beamer
3x Particle Gun
1x Scatter Beam
2x Flak Cannon

Despite it's high end weaponry and it's aegis deflectors the Bardiche MKII has a weakness in that it turns slow, must align manually to fire the railgun, and has poor rear defense. Weapons such as Tachyons and Weasel Guns have no problem tearing this ship apart. It does however have good drone defense thanks to the particle guns. The Bardiche MKII is quite balanced despite it's fully armored front. It can take out a few of the stock battleships with ease, but others it either be heavily damaged or destroyed.

Description: Lacking a good drone deployment system, Section Six deployed the Wide Impulse to fill the gap in the offense. Although the Wide Impulse is the smallest battleship in the fleet it is packed with the latest in drone and shield technology.

Armament:
2x Demeter Pod
4x Demeter Launcher
1x Pulsar

Although it has good drone output capabilities, it lacks in every area on defense due to lack of ship space. Two aegis deflectors have been crammed onto the ships wings in order to nullify damage on the ship's weak nose. Since area for additional weaponry is at a premium the decision was made to outfit the ship with heavy side armor plates in an effort to save R&D costs.

Description: The space fleet's commanding warship. The ship holds more of a command position though it has a fierce weapon that can only be fitted on the largest of ships.

Armament:
1x Rapid-Fire MegaBeam

Although the Arthra lacks in offensive weaponry it has 3 nano-matrices to repair ships on the field. The heavily modified megabeam sports a new technology that lets it fire 15 beams in rapid succession. The heat generated from firing the cannon is so intense that the weapon must be given makeshift service after every firing sequence. This takes in upwards of two minutes. The ship sports insanely heavy armor, but is relatively defenseless.

Ship lineup:

Also shown in this picture is the first generation Bardiche MKI. Keep in mind the MKI was my first ship so none of the parts are linked to the correct parent, it was my first ship :P.

Ships available here.