AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Shogoll
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Shogoll »

Truth be told, I don't like it. Near the center, the huge amount of highly detailed sections makes it look busy and cluttered, and the over all shape is rather aesthetically unpleasing.

It just doesn't look cool, something about it just looks ugly. I think it has to do with the mix of mechanical and curvy sections, they don't mesh well in this ship. It looks strange.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I'll be releasing the Benn Gaell (aka squid ship) soon, but obviously I won't be using the style any further. :?

Anyhow, last concept. If this doesn't work, I'm going back to swiss army knives.

Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Ooooh, that one's prettay!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I really like this, and I'm betting you can do some sweet stuff with rotation. I really like the submerged glow, and overall it looks more realistic as a ship, though the front tip is a tad underdeveloped. The energy conduits(blk06) are win.
Bang Doll
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Bang Doll »

but obviously I won't be using the style any further.
Oh I wouldn't say you have to scrap that style completely, I quite liked it. All the second squid needed was a slightly shorter tail and some... "blander" (for a lack of a better word), less-detailed sections around the middle to make it look less busy and it would have been golden.
Chiiro
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Chiiro »

There's a piece missing there right under the center. =o
Fly me to the moon, so I can play among the stars~
Let me see what spring is like on Jupiter and Mars~
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Attention: after a recent (and fairly humiliating) defeat against cycerin's Block of Rage, the Maelstrom and Chandeleer (aka armoured cruiser) are going to undergo a full weapons overhaul, and starfighters are going to be fitted with more powerful engines.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Thats no knife, its a cross.
Back to seriousness, overall shapes is AD's main problem, like Eri and I do, you might want to draw the stuff in paint as reference.
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

The only bad things I could find were that the center of the cross isn't a circle but slighly stretched to the sides.
The blue pieces on the sidepods are also badly stretched.
Otherwise great ship really love the style.
What about a 3 point one?
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

maarten wrote:The only bad things I could find were that the center of the cross isn't a circle but slighly stretched to the sides.
You could say the same about the Enterprise D.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

MelvinVm wrote:Thats no knife, its a cross.
I would love to see an AD-style resurrection of Malahite's templar fleet with the new features... At the very least, asymmetry with the style you just posted might take you in interesting directions.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Asymmetry hmmm? Might consider that...but there's no way I'm remaking those blocky pieces of christianity. :P

Melv: I usually draw my big stuff out by hand, but I'm too lazy to scan it :D I guess I'll have to get off my fat ass for a change.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

The base design can pretty much be integrated with the "swiss army knife" look too, if you make more hull offshoots spring from the central core.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Small update of the central sections.

EriErin
Commander
Commander

Post by EriErin »

As I've said on a few occasions, something about that ship bugs me. To begin with, the forward areas feel a bit insubstantial, and the reddish glows on the side prongs seem out of place. There's also the fact that the circle in the center... well, isn't a perfect circle (RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!!). Things like that. Might just be OCD.

The shape is a refreshing change of pace from those Orbital Swiss Army Knives, though. Can't say I dislike the cross motif, though it isn't as blatantly symbolic as the insignias on Malahite's fleet. Just go ahead and eeeaaaaase out of the whole AHE design style, but don't leave your section usage at the door.
[quote="Anna"]Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
I'll fuck you with a rake.[/quote]