AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

@DS:Woops, yeah, forgot about the shipdeployers.

@Squishy: The back wings look like ass when they fold in, I tried that already.

EDIT: anyhow, DL's up. Grab it here or in the ship post.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bamp

---

Toying around with curvature, and gratuitiously bundling with Eri's Knights sections. May or may not be a good result, I think it's rather messy myself.

Opinions? Ignore the front, btw, it's gonna be changed by something more tentacley. It's a squid after all.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

For some reason, I just really don't like it. Eri's sections you didn't use them to well in this ship, and some of the section placement is really crappily done done compared to your other ships. Sorry i just hate it. oh and the shape is a eyesore. I liked the other ships alot more.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Homer wrote:For some reason, I just really don't like it. Eri's sections you didn't use them to well in this ship, and some of the section placement is really crappily done done compared to your other ships. Sorry i just hate it. oh and the shape is a eyesore. I liked the other ships alot more.
I seem to be the polar opposite of this opinion.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Homer wrote:For some reason, I just really don't like it. Eri's sections you didn't use them to well in this ship, and some of the section placement is really crappily done done compared to your other ships. Sorry i just hate it. oh and the shape is a eyesore. I liked the other ships alot more.
I have to admit that, in some locations, it's not as crisp as most other ships I made, and the section placement could use some attention. But crappily done done section placement? The shape an eyesore? To be frank I think I'm just gonna ignore your opinion on this matter. I will see critisizm as valid when it actually sais something constructive, something I can work with. You're not giving me that. Not to sound arrogant, but this is ridiculous.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

I like your squid (or calamari if it was fried), though the tentacles look quite short for a body that size.
You also might want to consider making the body more streamlined.

Finally, what do you intend to arm it with?
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Armament is foggy as of now. The main body won't go through much change, but I've already decided to change the front to something more tentacley.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I like it, it's interesting. Could work if you flipped it around, too.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Better?
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Ignore my comment i made up there for the most part. This one looks a whole lot better when flipped, though the custom sec (i presume) between Eri_secknights01in the forward most part could probably use a little bit more detail to fit to the ship.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
iamsamoht
Ensign
Ensign

Post by iamsamoht »

Yes i would say it is better it looks ...
more squidish for one thing [size=0](i don't know what the other thing is i just think its good)[/size]
i also think the first one was reasonable
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Homer wrote:Ignore my comment i made up there for the most part.
Why, because he made something new and suddenly you like it, so you're going to ask us to forget what you said earlier? Lurk moar, that's not how things work.
ArcandeDude wrote: (scolding on poor grammar)...when it actually sais something constructive...
Lol @ irony.

I myself really like the ships, though in the new flipped version, the back half looks frail when compared to the meaty front half.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Slayer0019 wrote:
Homer wrote:Ignore my comment i made up there for the most part.
Why, because he made something new and suddenly you like it, so you're going to ask us to forget what you said earlier? Lurk moar, that's not how things work.
Actually it is. Someone says something which is deemed wrong, they are told so, they recend their comment and add a new one with better criticism. Pretty sure thats exactly what we want to happen :roll: And it actually was valid criticism that mostly supported what AD already said, but it wasn't phrased well.

The first one looks like it should transform, the front especially. The second does look more squidish, but thats only good if your going for that look. I'd say use the first, and have the front sections rotate open and some sort of cannon or even a ramming spike come out.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Not a huge fan of your latest design. From a technical standpoint, it's nearly as impressive as all of your other work. Stylistically, though, I'm not fond of ships that are strongly based on animals. While section usage is well done, section choice is not so much. Eri's sections don't seem to fit this design. I feel that this is largely due to the fact that those sections were made specifically for the ships they were used in. I've yet to see an implementation better than the original.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Oh well, it was just a try-out really. I'll prolly start making my own sections to fit this kind of ship. Still, I think I've pretty much found my new design style.