I'm back with a few more ships. And I'd need a little help.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Moar?

Yay
18%
Nay
29%
The cake is a lie
53%

Total votes: 51

Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

maarten wrote: Nitpick; The Ion-cannons are blue.
Welllll... not necessarily. Homeworld ion cannons are, sure, but so what? It would all depend on what ion you're cannoning. Any colour would work. After all, what colour is a laser?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Wicky_42 wrote:
maarten wrote: Nitpick; The Ion-cannons are blue.
Welllll... not necessarily. Homeworld ion cannons are, sure, but so what? It would all depend on what ion you're cannoning. Any colour would work. After all, what colour is a laser?
Nutcase wrote:Okay after a week of partially done ideas you'll probably never see I've got a slight problem.

I tried to imitate HW2's ion cannon frigates and ended up with a bit of a problem.
I don't really know why I decided to use flares for the steam but whatever.
Is there a weapon that doesn't make a noticeable explosion on destruction?
-Snip-
Pay attention Plz

back on topic, the station looks nice altough for some reason everybody builds the same shape so it's slightly generic. Main gun is an interesting Idea though.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

His ion cannons can be whatever colour he wants them to be. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Ixranin's disruption laser would probably be well suited to the job of imitating homeworld's ion cannon.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3558

Vnilla's electric beam may also add a appropriate effect if your willing to experiment...

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3740

By the way... Taiidan ion cannons are red...
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

No, they're blue and so are Kadeshi.
Kushan (later Hiigarans but they have blue beams).
Bentusi are white.

Besides. I'm only...
Ah forget it. 60% of that design failed anyway.

Mk.II of my heavy weaponry project.
You don't know you see them but there are ion cannons in there.

Note: You'll usually see me using two kinds of beam weaponry over here (if any):
-Ion cannons- Very hot so it can't last more than a fraction of a second without destroying the ship. Lots and lots of damage with a long cooldown time.
Example: Hades.

-Normal beams- Longer firing times, very little damage some can fire without stopping. Human beams cannot stay on target so they're only useful as a fighter deterrent (just barely)
Example: None that I posted.
Last edited by Nutcase on Tue May 05, 2009 1:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

Nutcase wrote:No, they're blue.
Kushan (later Hiigarans but they have blue beams) and Kadeshi have red.
Bentusi are white.
Really? I could'uv sworn they were red in my copy of homeworld 1.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Kadeshi have red.

I don't call that red.
Might be your copy, I don't know.
I made rainbow beams for the game anyway.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Well whaddya know.
They ARE blue. Makes sense tough. They were supposed to have perfected the stuff in their years in the nebula.
Wind Tempest
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Wind Tempest »

In Cataclysm the Bentusi have yellow ions. But that isn't really canon now is it?
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

It was yellow in the original game two. At Tahansur gate the bentusi trade ship opened fire on the attacking Taiidan ships, it was a yellow tri beam.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Yeah, Bentusi like yellow beams. But the point of this entire off topic discussion IS NON-EXISTENT, so... back to the ships?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

I'm baaaaack.

Post by Nutcase »

Exams (And Mount&Blade) saved you for a time but I've only got 2 months of school left so :P

I've made a few ships while I was gone. Mostly fighters that I'm not putting up yet.

BUT:
I was trying to make something of a submarine again. Failed.
I'm probably going to lighten the colours a bit. (But I do like the current look).
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

The ship has the potential but its WAY to dark lighten it up abit and it'll turn out being a medicore ship which could be fixed with a bit of work here and there.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Totally black ships as 'cloaked' ships have been tried before and are, without exception, horrible. Besides not being functionally relevant to gameplay, they just look crappy.

If you want to make a 'sub' or 'cloaked' ship, I suggest a normal looking ship with a shield like section over it that is totally black, and either randomly or by key stroke fades for 'decloaking'. Combine that with weapons that won't fire till the black section has faded away for 'pop up and fire' action. Still won't make a lick of difference to the ai, but might be made to look cool.

Unless the devs want to write an exception to the ai's attack criteria, the only other thing you could do is put some flares that fire invisible bullets with wide deviation and only fire when your ship is 'cloaked', so it looks like the enemy knows your general location but can't lock on.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Actually the 'black' part was because It's part of a Human sub fleet and the fact that I usually make a base colour and then brighten or darken it.
The sub part was actually referring to the shape which went it's won way after I added the wings.

Model II.
Now with a brighter paintjob and slight colour depthing.