HighComedy's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Look, I can (try to) make balanced ships too! Here's a fleet of vessels based on the same motif, intended to be roughly equivalent to the official ships.

Left column, top to bottom: Nereus Light Cruiser, Scorpio Destroyer, Oceanid Support Destroyer, Urchin Frigate, Wasp Gunship.
Right column, top to bottom: Cyclopes Battleship, Trilobyte Battleship, Roc Heavy Cruiser, Cancer Cruiser.

In this case, the Cruiser classes represent vessels between the in-game destroyers and battleships in capability. The Nereus is basically an overarmed destroyer, although it is actually faster. The Cancer hasn't got much armor but it is tougher, and the Roc is more of a battleship that didn't make the grade.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... Fleet1.zip

In-game descriptions are included. Gameplay feedback appreciated.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Back to big ships.

Militarized O'Neil Cylinder
(To give a sense of the size of this thing, you can't see the whole ship at max zoom inside the editor.)

The very existence of these converted civilian space habitats speak of the Terran Navy's shortage in large-scale repair and resupply facilities. Confiscated from colonial governments by the wartime emergency powers of Fleet HQ, their populations have been evacuated to planetside and their original hull, still visible at the center of the hulk, has been extensively surrounded with armor. The massive solar panels you would expect to find surrounding a space habitat have also been replaced by free-floating repair and construction gantries, power supply no longer being a concern after the habitat sections were converted to military-grade antimatter storage units. The rest of the empty space is being used as supply storage and Demeter Pod hangars. The Militarized O'Neil Cylinder has considerable point defense and repair capabilities, but it should be kept away from the forefront of any battle. At best, it should be used in a long-range support role with its defense platform deployment and several free-floating weapon platforms carrying bombardment railguns, saturation missile batteries and a single powerful but slow-firing beam array, converted from the station's former solar reflectors.

DOWNLOAD
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

This is the Alexander-Class War Wagon, biggest ship yet, blah blah blah. Its incomplete hull recently cameo'd as a Metal Fox boss, but the ship itself is still WIP.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

The fronts look like two giant double-barreled shotguns. Coupled with the Pulsars... it works. Brilliant.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

And it is done.
The completed Alexander-class War Wagon engages in maneuvers during combat testing inside the Faust system.

The Alexander is filled with all-round firepower. Its rapid-fire pulsars, nova beamers and barrage railguns have all been designed to do the job of ten of their regular cousins. If even these weapons prove insufficient to crack through the enemy's shielding, then its two massive prow battering rams should be employed.

DOWNLOAD
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Comments, please? :(
Kamikazie-Bunny
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Kamikazie-Bunny »

I like it, but it'd kill my laptop if I tried to run it. Although I am confused as to the purpose of the Dieterling? judging by the size of it if it tried to jump out of enemy range you'd still be right next to the oponents guns!
I am because I choose to be.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

The main purpose of the Dieterling is really to let the Alexander jump right on top of the enemy ship, so it can ram them with the power rams. Trying to close in with regular maneuvering generally ends up in the Alexander chasing the enemy ship to the edge of the map.

EDIT: I insta-KOed a Viscount that way. T'was fun.
Boba Fettuccini
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Boba Fettuccini »

me is liking it.
[center][url]www.boba-fettuccini.com[/url][/center]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

My latest project is God's Eye, an absolutely enormous prototype supergun. However, for some reason it crashes the game when I try to load it in sandbox mode. Can anybody help me find out what the problem is?
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

'

That is the problem. That is all.
Novercalis
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Novercalis »

The apostrophe in the name is messing up the game code. Get rid of it and it'll be fine :)
To change one's life: Start immediately; do it flamboyantly; no exceptions.
-William James
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Like, D'oh. I thought I only needed to avoid the ' in the filename.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

An AI range of 9001 and a weapon with a range of 9001 and whose location behind the core will result in the ship moving out of attacking range.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:An AI range of 9001 and a weapon with a range of 9001 and whose location behind the core will result in the ship moving out of attacking range.
It isn't a problem really, because the range is far, far bigger than the size of the map.