AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Made some changes, armament complete. All I need to do now is make and add the fighters 'n other thingamajings.

AHE CSV-11245 ACSS Maelstrom ~ Arcanity Heavy Engineering Corporate Security Strike Carrier

Dimensions
Length: 1200 meters
Width: 960 meters
Heigth: 220 meters
Displacement: 614.000 metric tonnes

Power generation
1x AHE Mk XII series Primary Arc Reactor ~ 1.4 Terawatt/h
3x AHE MkVI series Secondary Arc Battery ~ 160 Gigawatt/h

Locomotion
1x AED Gottlieb series Plasma Engine
2x AED Vernier series Plasma Thruster
12x AED Carrousel series Repulsor Blade

Equipment
ASSD Series 9 Sensing and Scanning package;
Subspace Gravitic Echolocation Sensors
Beta-ray Burst Scanners
Nanoprobe 'scanning and sensing mines'

Defenses
Active
AHAB Series C7 Stasis Field generators ~ 17 Mw energy absorption/m²
Passive
Titanium-Prometheum alloy
Reactive Bio-electronic gelpacks (scattering beam energy and closing hull fissures)
Polymer Honeycomb Structural Bracings

Armament
40 Mw pulsed Plasma Beam x8
120 Mw Particle Driver x10
140 Mw Disruptor Beam x2
Vehemence class Burst Torpedo Launcher x2
Triple-Burst Spinal Mass Driver x1 (5500 Megaton impacts, kinetic impact weapon)

Craft
Naginata class Heavy Fighters
Moirei class Torpedo Bombers
Tiki class Gunships

DOWNLOAD

The ACSS Maelstrom with it's fighter, bomber and gunship squads
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Sun May 03, 2009 4:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Fucking win right there I lieks. Only thing I don't really like is the forward most slanted antenna if it were a custom sprite it would be amazing.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The Maesltrom will be finished and downloadable somewhere today. For now though, I wanted to try a new concept.

Trying to get out of the Swiss Army knives a bit. How does it look?
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Procetive cover, like a peitho comes to mind. Or a strong forward attack craft. The bridge seems to have too little detail compared to the other parts and the tiny wings behind the bridge seen unnecesary.
The mid front would make for an awesome cannon.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

So this is what will come out of your IRC discussion of the knifes? haha!
I do see some detail lacking here and there, might as well use a other section choice for the structure there.
Also, you might want to beef up the part near engines there, a broadside could hit it pretty bad.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

A fairly interesting concept. A shield ship of sorts.

I have to agree with Melvin that in some areas detail seems to be lacking. I would like to point out the center part around the core.

Also I personally think that he rear winglets can go, to be replaced with a funky drive section.

All in all i think this ship will look great once its done.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

So beefing up the part near the engines, making them less winglet-y, and add some detail near the center, allright. Possibly just redesigning the ship, there are some pieces I just don't like, and I think I can make it flow a bit better.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I don't know if it would look retarded or not but could you have some sort of transformation where the angles and struts on the front fold into the center section then expand as a shield during battle? If you do that I'd even say make the 'shield portion larger. And yay the sharply pointed wings might look better bent back half way or something, like you did on the Hoover.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

So having the armor fold...that's actually a very good idea. And bending the wings, hmm? I'll see what I can make of it.

EDIT:
Dynamic armour plating idle
Dynamic Armour plating active

Opinions?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That is baddass looking. Unless the rear wings are shielded too I might switch them so the front extends further than the back but regardless I'm glad it turned out so good. And the bend is not what I was picturing but it does look better beefed up.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

The rear wings look too long and thin. And a bit too straight.
Also, when the front plate is active, the whole middle of the ship looks fragile.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Slayer0019 wrote:The rear wings look too long and thin. And a bit too straight.
Also, when the front plate is active, the whole middle of the ship looks fragile.
Agreed on the wings, but the front would be called offering. You give away side armor and get massive frontal protection.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Small update on the Maelstrom: as can be seen from the picture, fighters, bombers and gunships are finished. Uploading DL soon.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

You are going to hide/depth those ship deployers right?
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

See if you can get the wings on the back to move too, for the armoured ship.