HighComedy's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Thanks for the praise, everyone.

When I brought the Voltaire head to head against the Viscount, one thing I noticed was its shields tend to go down a lot more quickly, despite an almost equal number of deflectors. That's because the front of the Voltaire gives it a horribly inefficient deflector coverage. That, and the Viscount's sweeping mega beams are very good at finding all the gaps in its shielding. And once the front beamers are gone, the Voltaire is practically defanged. The Forsch guns don't help either, although I used an older version of the Voltaire which admittedly don't have a pair of its own.

And the narrow pieces at the back of the engines are meant to be some sort of vectored thrust array, not exhaust. :P I did consider adding exhaust at some point though, using aegis-shielded narrow pieces to achieve a nice glowy effect. It would have been interesting to see their impact on aft protection!
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Next design!

The Spectre

Armament:
1X Mega Tachyon Repeater (2000 range)
8X Super Weasel Guns
10X Heavy Beamers
1X Rapid-fire Blaster Turret
6X Anti-capital Missile Launchers
2X Duplex Demeter Pod Launchers (halved energy consumption)
10X Heavy Scatter Beamers
22X Point Beamers

Designed with a very different aesthetic in mind than the Voltaire, the Spectre is intended to give off an alien, organic view despite being built with mainly Terran components. Contrary to appearance, the Weasel Gun emplacements are parented to the inner hull instead of the outside, so don't worry about that vulnerability. :) That said, the Spectre is still more of a hit-and-run combatant than a head-on slugger, equipped with a special extended-range Dieterling Device with twice the range and the energy capacity of the original than allows the ship to perform two consecutive long jumps. Its pod launchers can fill the vacuum with 48 Demeter drones in seconds and the impeder platforms are great for annoying the opponent.

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... pectre.zip
Sran
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Sran »

Woah.
Reminds me of a Covenant cruiser.
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Sran wrote:Woah.
Reminds me of a Covenant cruiser.
Seconded. Reminds me, has anyone tried any Halo ships yet?
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Long-range sensor arrays detect an unknown spacecraft entering the system- wait, what's that?Image

"You will regret ever crossing humanity! GIGAAAA BURSTTOOO FIYYAAAAA!!!!"
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Haha, awesome. It's even got a red chest beam like the Mazingers or something related.
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Now we need the Tengu Toppen Guren Lagann... or whatever it is. ITt's as big as the universe. :D
th15
Administrator

Post by th15 »

Was that screenshot taken in v0.80 because I thought I fixed the beam centering.
Sean 'th15' Chan
[img]http://img63.imageshack.us/img63/6344/bfbanner2vy5.gif[/img]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Don't worry, it's version 0.79d.

Speaking of which, I need to update.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Although Earth has been desperately pressed by the invading aliens, the Super Robo series is now finally complete. Super Robo Numbers 2 and 3 join their sister machine as mankind's final line of defense!

From bottom left to top right: Super Robo Number 2, Super Robo Number 1, Super Robo Number 3.

The sinister appearance of Super Robo Number 2 is a result of the vast amount of salvaged alien technology that went into its construction, a necessity due to the destruction of the Lunar gantries and the loss of the sprawling manufactories of Mars. Number 2 is a raging mechanical beast equipped almost exclusively with close-combat weaponry, reflected by its sleek and aggressive shape. The special photonic wings of Number 2 allows it to fly across space with incredible speed, while their leading edges are also deadly weapons that can slice an alien battleship into two with a single flyby.

"There is nothing I cannot pierce! BUSTAAA DRIILLLLL!!!"

Super Robo Number 3 is cobbled together out of what little resources the Earth Science Force had left, the alien invasion stretching it to the very limit. It is a slow and ponderous machine designed for heavy support, fielding a battery of experimental projectile weapons.

"My power will sweep you from space itself! GALACTIC CYCLONEEE!!!"

Download all three giant robots here: http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... o_Pack.zip
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

No comments on the giant robot series? Broke your suspension of disbelief? 8)
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

Made me think of Gurren Lagann...
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Wow. Plus. Lol. Plus. Wow.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]