AD's cunning concepts: Adelaide class on page 11.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

*ker-bump*

New concept:

ACSS Maelstrom - Unique Arcanity Corporate Security Strike Carrier

The flagship of AHE's corporate security branch, the Maelstrom is usually hired when another large corporation or nation cannot provide it's own defense, but requiresprotection from level 1 pirate threads, invasion, or civil war. It's incredible size and firepower make Maelstrom the ultimate mercenary force, but it comes at an astronomically large cost. Many institutions will be just as ravaged from paying it's loan as from weathering the attack themselves, but at least they'll be alive.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

Great ship although the back looks a bit weird, especially the older sections. Otherwise it really fits the style.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

It's a bit odd.
But I like the colors, the section usage, everything.
How are you going to arm it?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I'd change the back severally but what you did with the nose is very nice
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I don't like the front very much, looks too flat to me.
But the wings are very nice.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Something I've noticed is that the largest wings kind of violate the style of this fleet, in that they change angle halfway through. This goes against the 'wings radiating straight outwards from the core' theme you had going.

The section use of the wings themselves though, and the body of the ship, is IMO, excellent.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

The back of the ship needs work, yeah. Specifically the launch systems and engines. The wing's angle shift may need to be less pronounced.

@Melv: the ship will be armed with strikecraft (interceptors, fighters, torpedo bombers and maybe even gunships, it's a big ship), long range anti-capital torpedoes, some light and medium beams and your mandatory peashooter. I may even devise a new offensive flak system for it, one that doesn't make such a noise as the tacnuke does.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bump:

Forgot to save it, but I'll just use this as a refpic to rebuild it. Opinions?
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Shit, I like it even more
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Big Badass Starship. And yes, the wings look better straight. What sprite is that you're using for those glowy bitz?
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

It may be just me, but I liked the version with the angled wings more. Now it reminds me too much of a snowflake. The slight difference in angle between the front and back wings (they don't line up) also is more pronounced now. In the previous version, the back wings didn't point at the core as much, and I liked that more. Now it seems to be built for aesthetics only while the 'bended' one looked more combat ready.

Other areas have been improved, though. The glow in the back section is a nice addition, as are the lights at the front wingtips.

Of course, it still is a really nice ship, but I don't think this version is much of an improvement.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

IT'S A SHARP SNOWFLAKE THAT WILL SLICE YOUR THROAT

Srsly, even if it's a snowflake/ ice crystal, those things look good. :P

The wing angles could use *some* cleanup, but it's not exactly a priority.

@Dan: one of your flash sprites, actually.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

The intake-like wingbreak looks so awkward to me. But other than that, it is truly a deadly snowflake.
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

It's not really an intake <_<

I'm gonna put the hangars there.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

ArcaneDude wrote:@Dan: one of your flash sprites, actually.
W00tb33r! :D