Raven's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Raven Gold
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Raven Gold »

1stly. Magick, I made the carrier and battlecruiser in a way that it could fit into the BSF gameplay as balanced units, and the core shows like that so I can see what side it's on and a covered core makes it murder to try and target the ship. and the small lit section is more eye-apealing than a shield. and in SC2 the terran battle cruiser has its weapons shooting from there.

2ndly.

OK I tried the carrier once more after discoverd all the "kea" sections.

I also created the "Tempest" (the blue and green ship) as a type of fan-fic unit, to support the carrier.

The carrier still has the loads small sections but there at 0.05 alfa and are only seen if deflectors light them up or if you look carefully. PD has been removed but some nanocores have been put in.

The "Tempest" (named after a discontinued variant of the carrier in the coming SC2, but is very different), doesn't have the same physical armour and only half the deflectors, but it has foreward shockbeams and 4 particle PDs, also has 4 hidden sections in front of it that light up as foreward energy shields when the deflectors attach. somewhat more mobile than the carrier tho. basicly a more direct attack ship.

A carrier in action with some cruisers.

Im tweaking with the battle cruiser a bit too now, form and function. i'm trying to figure out to add a time delay before the weapons shoot, right now they all shoot at the same time and doesn't look so hot. i'm compensating by giving them each varying rates of fire.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

Ok i myself am a big Starcraft fan, so i can help u with this.
They both have the main shape but without the details.
here use this
I will post the carrier later.

or
sorry it is so big
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Fanships or not, these ships lack a structure, as well as the glowing things are ugly.
firevikin125
Commander
Commander

Post by firevikin125 »

im sorry to say but he has a point. :?
anyway, try and make one ship at a time.
But your off to a good start :) I can see some real good SC ships
comeing out of this
"A gargoyle's meat can be carved with an ordinary cleaver, but for its petrous hide . . ."
—Asmoranomardicadaistinaculdacar,
The Underworld Cookbook