Touhou ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HydreMajor117
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Touhou ships

Post by HydreMajor117 »

Hello there !
Since im new to this im going to tell you that i'm going to make ships for Touhou game characters (Thus if you want to know what it is:just youtube it you'll find pretty easily because of the incredible OST of this game)

So since i SUCK at this:

1:i know that my parenting SUCKS ! (and believe me i mean it)
2:do not expect ballanced ships AT ALL !
3:if by any chance someone would like to help me on choosing a name or weapons for the ships or even just ask for me to make ship for any character you like (no matter the anime or game you want) i'll give it a try.
And 4: i' rather like to have some constructive feedback wich would concern the ships and not the lame skills that tryed to do something

If some could tell me how to make good looking aegis effects like changing the glowing colour that would be great thx for having readed this

Allright now i got screenshots but how do i paste em here ???
Theses are BMP files

http://img39.imageshack.us/i/screenhunt ... 62034.png/

And if one of you guys want this one feel free to ask
http://img24.imageshack.us/i/screenhunt ... 62035.png/

i just couldn't get the screenshot tool to work so i had to do some download in oreder to bring you this

If someone tell me how to upload the images straight on the site that would be great...
Last edited by HydreMajor117 on Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:46 am, edited 8 times in total.
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

In the BSF root folder are some subdirectories like "SMscreenshots" and "SMFrames". Usually when you take a static screenshot in ShipMaker it ends up in SMscreenshots, when you take a series of screenshots they end up in SMFrames, and when you take a screenshot in the game itself it becomes a .bmp image in the BSF root folder.
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

So, are you trying to make ships that LOOK like Touhou characters, or that BEHAVE like Touhou characters? Unless you play around with turning turrets on/off constantly, it'd be really hard to do the former, what with spellcards and such.
[i]...can we hold on...?[/i]
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Wtf... :? OK, i don't know how to say these fucking suck nicely ... The parenting on the things are absolutely horrendous you really need to figure in your head to make probably parenting and such..
Hmm.. after giving it thought I was a little harsh but i believe that to be necessary, anyhow your ships suffer from a major initial flaw poorly place sections, bad parenting, and stretching (lets ignore colors for now), A ship need tos have a logical section pattern to it say like this We have a core a is attached to core and b is attached to a and so on.. Sections need to showa flow anda common purpose to each other say machinery attached to what looks like a power source and armor near it to shield it and so on.. Stretched just don't do it.
Last edited by Homer on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
HydreMajor117
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HydreMajor117 »

Allright i don't want to make them look like touhou charater (fated to fail)
but an equivalent of them in the BSF world (that would belong to the character it tries to mimics :D )

SO NOW HERE IT COMES :

its one of the very firsts (almost) serious ships i made
Here is a description
Temporary Name:Ephaistos MK 1
Class:Heavy artillery/Backup unit
Weapons:6 Laser Shredders (mega lasers)
6 Precision Lasers (mining beams)
2 Ultra kinetic repeaters (repeating artillery)
12 Ygdrasil devices (nano matrix)
2 dieterling device
10 short range laser defensive devices
6 ships deployers (don't know how to make them work though)
2 high alimentation bolters
Notes:The first defense-axed ship i made,found out that each mega laser actually fires up to 6 over-powered beam during testing (destroy a leviathan by simply touching it to the core for less than one second)

GO ON WITH :

Temporary Name:Kyrie Elleisson
Class:Perimeter Creator/Heavy recon unit
Weapons:3 Phasing Lasers
2 Heavy duty drone deployers
2 Fire support enhancement device (turret deployer)
2 Defense station deployers (Demeter deployer)
6 Ygdrasil devices
Laser defensive grid (multiple point lasers)
Notes:This ship as been conceived in order to protect other ships however if a ship ram his way to his core this ship is good has gone...
He is NOT equipped with anti ships weapons thus do not rely on his weapons...

HERE GOES THE THIRD:

Temporary Name:Speedster MK 2
Class:Artillery Fire support unit
Weapons:2 high rates DCA system (Flak gun)
2 Lasers sprayers (gostlings)
2 Particle flow drivers (particles cannons)
1 Time-Space matrix distort device (Dieterling)
4 Standard deflectors
4 "Blood rain" Lasers (lasers)
2 "Plasma scorcher" Launchers (plasma launchers)
4 "Blood Snake" Plasma blasters (plasma balls)
2 gatlaser
4 "Soul Hammer" devices (gluon bolters)
1 "Bane Sword" High rated turret (Tacnuke turret)
Notes:If you wanna see a flippin'wall of projectiles:you're at the good place ! This ship ,even though it as only 4 deflectors, can take a rather natsy amount of damage and cause a much of it...
However i deo recommend to keep some suicidal attacking ram in mind because of the HUGE amount of section i did used in that:if all thoses parts ram a ship it can get rather ugly if the target is not deflector protected....

Oh and By the way...

You like it ?
It is meant to be friggin huge i hope it works
heres is the features so far

Temporary Name:LAEVATEINN
Class:Juggernaut(Weaponed Defence raming battery)/Poltergeist (Go in,strike,Go out)
Weapons:4 Sabot Machine guns (need a name for it)
4 High firing rate Flashbolters (need a name for it)
8 High firing rate Plasma launcher (need a name for it)
and at last but not least:
3 "Longinus" Laser Ultra Heavy Artillery ( need some help to find a big LAZOR-thing that don't make my game crash instantly)
Notes:HUGE SHIP IS HUGE :lol: !
not yet finished though since im searching how to make some invisible Aegis shields or at least choosing the color of the glowing....
OK looks like most of my ships are actually here:its all for now...
I HOPE YOU ENJOY THE DESIGN OF MY SHIP !!!
PLZ COMMENT ABOUT THAT TOO PLZ :wink: [/img]
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

serious mistakes you have accomplished..

-Stretching
-Spamming
-Over-using weapons
-Obnoxious fake aegising
HydreMajor117
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HydreMajor117 »

Did you readed the first comment ?
DID SAID I FUCKIN SUCKIN SUCK ???
i NEVER pretended to have any fuckin skill or logic or ANYTHING !!!
I'm only doing ships for the look and BOOM-power...
Plus i still don't what i can do with ship maker.....
im just goin experimenting for now....
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

HydreMajor117 wrote:Did you readed the first comment ?
DID SAID I FUCKIN SUCKIN SUCK ???
i NEVER pretended to have any fuckin skill or logic or ANYTHING !!!
I'm only doing ships for the look and BOOM-power...
Plus i still don't what i can do with ship maker.....
im just goin experimenting for now....
Becuase Anna has said what I was going to say better than I could probably phrase it, I'm just going to quote him here.
Anna wrote:Here's a very important piece of information, which it seems many people, some newbies in particular, have failed to realise. By posting ships in a thread of their own, you are asking for feedback. This feedback is not required to be mindless, meaningless, vapid praise. If your ship is bad, people will tell you it's bad. If it is flawed in some manner, people can and will tell you as much. If your ship has bad parenting, for example, and you post a picture of the bad parenting, it's pretty damn stupid of you to get pissed off when people say "your parenting is bad".

If you don't want criticism on your ships, and feel they're perfect as they are, that no-one elses opinion matters, and that any flaws in your design should be ignored, you're an arrogant dick, and you're free to post your ships in the Custom Ships Gallery, where no one will tell you that it sucks.

This Public Service Announcement was brought to you by you helpful Moderator, Anna. Feel free to leave a donation.
And like what 25000st said, the ships suffer from abuse of fake aegis, stretching, and, in the case of the Ephaistos, the spamming of weapons and modules.
Last edited by AidanAdv on Tue Aug 18, 2009 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

You want constructive critisim on the ships? They are shit. No real nice way to say it. You want critism on the ships not your skill? Better take them elsewhere, because they are esentially the same thing.

NerdRAGE-ing at someone for critising your ships is stupid, since that is the only real reason people post them here. You don't want comments? Put them in the custom ships gallery.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

Tip; if you accept your criticism humbly, you will find the people here to be nicer.

If you are experimenting, you could say it is an experiment.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

With regards to the novel idea of making a connection between these ships to TH characters, I cannot say it is a success. None of the designs seem to share any particular traits that would reliably identify them with a single TH character.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
brenwasp
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by brenwasp »

And if you want to improve, your going to have to accept our criticism and Improve your designs. It's better than ignoring us.
HydreMajor117
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HydreMajor117 »

Allright: i'd like to apologize for what i did...
you see:it was the first time i was sharing something in public and this made me REAL nervous....
I didn't knew what to do and i was in panic when i saw this:

serious mistakes you have accomplished..

-Stretching
-Spamming
-Over-using weapons
-Obnoxious fake aegising

So yeah im making my all my excuses to people i could offence
BTW:

Wtf... OK, i don't know how to say these fucking suck nicely ... The parenting on the things are absolutely horrendous you really need to figure in your head to make probably parenting and such..
Hmm.. after giving it thought I was a little harsh but i believe that to be necessary, anyhow your ships suffer from a major initial flaw poorly place sections, bad parenting, and stretching (lets ignore colors for now), A ship need tos have a logical section pattern to it say like this We have a core a is attached to core and b is attached to a and so on.. Sections need to showa flow anda common purpose to each other say machinery attached to what looks like a power source and armor near it to shield it and so on.. Stretched just don't do it.

this got me to thinking and i tried out a few things to improve the parenting...
So far i made my ships to be fun to look at their fire power
so i tried to improv this and eres what i came up with

Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Ah, yes this is much nicer, i see you took the advice people gave. The section work oculd still benefit a little. But now lets look at colors! coloring a ship can be a a annoying process but heres and example.. A is light gray B is red and C is a dark gray now layer them alphabetically and you got a basic coloring scheme play around with it a little and you'll get somewhere.
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
HydreMajor117
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by HydreMajor117 »

Untill now i wasn't really able to explain what i REALLY wanted to do,so im gonna show you an example of it:

Much more possible in BSF Don't'cha think ?