My First Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

My First Fleet

Post by hydraneth »

Browsing the forums i came across loads of fleets from various people, so i thought i would try to make my own fleet for everyone to look at and flame if necessary.

Im no good with backstories so that will have to wait.

Anyway, here is the first ship, i thought i would start small with a fighter class ship so here it is:

STEALTH FIGHTER

Here is the second ship, a Bomber Class:

STEALTH BOMBER

Another ship, this is a Stealth Corvette that transform's to attack:

STEALTH CORVETTE - Stealth Mode

STEALTH CORVETTE - Attack Mode

Destroyer Class next, only has 2 guns but they are very powerful with a very slow reload and fire rate

STEALTH DESTROYER

STEALTH DESTROYER - Assault Mode

CARRIER

CARRIER - Deployed

By the way, im a fan of making things move
Last edited by hydraneth on Mon Aug 10, 2009 1:51 am, edited 3 times in total.
BlackMetalZivon
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by BlackMetalZivon »

In case you didn't already know, you can press F11 to go to preview mode, then press F9 to take a screenshot.

As for the ship, it would probably look better with a lighter blue, and maybe another color, such as gray.
The second ship would also look better with lighter colors, and a second color.
The weaponsmight also look better with their alpha set to 100%, and recoloring them with a medium gray, or the same color as their parent section.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Another ship, this is a Stealth Corvette that transform's to attack:

STEALTH CORVETTE - Stealth Mode

STEALTH CORVETTE - Attack Mode

hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

The Orb

The Orb (assault mode)

DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Inspired from MagusZero's Magusphere, are you not? And i bet that's not even the part of the fleet. It's green with no coherence to your previous creations.

Nevertheless, blue and grey, eh? Try lighter or darker shades of grey to simulate depth. And teal-cyan weapons? A bit to the errrr... side but, i don't know, rad? Yeah, rad.

Welcome!
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Actually that last one was inspired by my sister and is part of the heavy assault division, the others are part of the stealth division.
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Well, actually, your sister has a weakpoint in the centerline. Some beamscrapes or accurate projectile blasts could rue its day. Try ablatives or layering. And don't overgun your ships, consider a beautiful weapon placement into accord.

True, so it wasn't MagusZero's idea after all. So it is uncoloured yeah? Well, maybe a better section usage, make it more detailed or something? Layering sections is a good idea too. After that simulate the depths using different color shades. Voila! Hope that helps.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

She wasnt worried about weaknesses, it makes it killable. As for the other stuff, the colour is irrellevant for the orb, i just wanted to show it to people. The other ships are the main fleet, i might add some more to the heavy assault fleet and figure out a colour scheme later for them.
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

Added, a destroyer and a carrier
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

hydraneth wrote:Added, a destroyer and a carrier
Wait, WTF how did that transform? I defenatly need a .gif to believe that.

On the otherhand: The ship itself is just overstretched, no good word to say about that. Then there is the black sections, don't do it!(I know, I know not forcing my will upon others bla bla bla.)
Sections look a bit jumbled together, still the animation does it.
I'd say take this as a frame and build a more beautifull ship around it.

The destroyer on the other hand really looks bad when transformed, and there is a mirroring error in the normal shape.(Which looks rather good.)
SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

maarten wrote:
hydraneth wrote:Added, a destroyer and a carrier
Wait, WTF how did that transform? I defenatly need a .gif to believe that.
Here's betting the rear parts simply rotate 90 degrees and slide to the front.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

DarchZero wrote:Well, actually, your sister has a weakpoint in the centerline. Some beamscrapes or accurate projectile blasts could rue its day. Try ablatives or layering. And don't overgun your ships, consider a beautiful weapon placement into accord.
THAT WORD. YOU ARE USING IT WRONG. In fact you're using a lot of words wrong. And what the hell are "beamscrapes" anyway?
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
hydraneth
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by hydraneth »

I don't know how to make the animated .gif, but the wings fold forward and the front part slides back on the carrier
MagusZero
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by MagusZero »

I can see how the transformation works and it hurts me.
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

Arcalane wrote:
DarchZero wrote:snip
THAT WORD. YOU ARE USING IT WRONG. In fact you're using a lot of words wrong. And what the hell are "beamscrapes" anyway?
Ablatives and layering, sir? Well, if i'm using a lot of words wrong, just tell me what should i repair. And well, beamscrapes are just like, getting scraped by a beam. Sorry about that.

@hydraneth: makes it killable, huh? I like that. At least you attempt to balance. Continue it then, i'd like to see the final result :)