Beginnings Of, Yet, Another Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Beginnings Of, Yet, Another Fleet

Post by Wizardunic »

Still a noob here. But what do you think? Should I continue the fleet, yet with a few different changes?

Lyrinc Battlecruiser
Speed: 100%
Hull: 400 HP
Armageddon: Twin Heavy Gauss Cannon x3, Anti Strikecraft Gun x3, Gauss Cannon x3, Heavy Hull Penetration Laser x2, Missile Barrage x2

Lyrinc Destroyer
Speed: 125%
Hull: 300 HP
Armageddon: Twin Gauss Cannon x2, Anti Strikecraft Gun x2, Missile Barrage
Last edited by Wizardunic on Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Corporal Jomn
Captain
Captain

Post by Corporal Jomn »

Please take screenshots at normal zoom please, it will look better. Only zoom if the ship is so small that it would be hard to see.
A gay as fuck girl and loving it.
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

@wizard i slightly have to agree with john on the zoom thing. But your ship is decent couple things though I don't like how you put the missiles and antenna on, the Missile should be shrunken in the side of the ship more and the antenna is ridiculously huge for a ship that size. If you put near the back it would look nice, because having vital communications equipment exposed is not very bright :D
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

Hmm, ok, I'll work on zoom. But I like taking ideas out of Homeworld, with the antenna on the out side. I know strategically it's not good there, but the appearance helps. Like in theses:

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 ... pic251.png

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 ... pic272.gif

http://i658.photobucket.com/albums/uu30 ... pic394.jpg

And hopefully that ship has back up communications.
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

They look cool, I'm personally not sold on the side facing auto cannons on your battlecruiser, they look almost tacky being there.
But the overall look can be carried quite well keep your fleet going.
I would suggest a bit of variation in the colors, just make some pieces slightly lighter and some slightly darker, it will take from the almost monotonous coloration currently on.
I do like the grey and dark cyan though.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

that are ships based in homeworld 2?? the first ship seems a hiigaran destroyer and the second a Vaygr destroyer :D
continue making, im fan of these game hehe :wink:
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

May I suggest that you use detailed sections on the bottom and less-detailed sections on the top - not the reverse?
Wizardunic
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Wizardunic »

25000st wrote:May I suggest that you use detailed sections on the bottom and less-detailed sections on the top - not the reverse?
Err, yeah, trying to do that. Not used to it though.