EVE Online: The Amarr Empire: need C&C, people

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

They're not up for download yet, I'll release a pack when I finish converting the battleships. I'm gonna design my own replacement for the Apocalypse, which looks like a golden dildo top-down, so it may take a little longer.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

derp

I've reworked the Harbinger and the Prophecy a bit, and completed work on the Armageddon. I can still use any and all C&C you can give me, on all three ships. I realize the Armageddon's shape is shit, but, well, that's cus it is. I've also taken some artistic freedom in the Armageddon's colors, largely to lower the whole 'golden penis' look a bit. Now it's a golden penis with grey in it.

Armageddon

Prophecy

Harbinger
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

They are looking really cool.

The Armageddon in particular looks really great. I think the middle lines down it need to stand out more from the rest of the hull as those points are supposed to be much higher, and so far it looks like they are rather flat. But other than that its a rather good resemblance.

The Prophecy seems to have a fair bit of stretching on it leaving blurry sections, its either that or just the file format. But either way it makes small sections seem out of place on the ship. If that were able to be smoothed out it would be almost perfect to my eyes.

The Harbinger is Awesome, i think the back needs a few coloration differences on the dark gold parts, because it seems really flat there, and not just the 2D flat look, also some of the light doodads seem to be out of place. The front is really neat with the pseudo-Communications antenna.

The Augoror is once more standard Amarr ship design, which makes it rather hard to do nicely in top-down. But it looks like you've nailed it with that one. I can only see one stretched section and its hidden well and actually looks like its supposed to be there.

Ah the Maller, I have one of these on my Amarr character, It looks really good. There's not really much you can say about it that is bad. It looks like it does in-game and that's what counts.

The Omen however needs more width at the front, it looks too thin. and also the engines on the actual ship are more asymmetric than you have them. But as a rough idealized model of the Omen it looks rather nice, I always thought that the ship needed to be more symmetric myself and you've gone and done that well. Only thing that bugs me with it is it's width.

The Arbitrator looks sweet, it needs to loose the stretching though as that detracts from the overall aesthetics. It does however look really close to the actual Arbitrator and it looks to be to be a rather fine ship.

The Coercer, I love this ship, it looks great. The sections you chose for it really fit well together and man it looks awesome, even though the actual Coercer is more curvy than yours i think yours is actually better than EVE's one.

The Retribution, man the purple on it is actually red according to the game and its been bugging me since I first saw your version of it, a bit of stretching ruining some otherwise lovely section usage.

Overall you have put together a good looking Amarr ship selection, I can't wait to see what the rest of the ships you're doing will turn out like. Keep up the great work.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

FYI, I never stretch sections. Everrr. There can be a bit of shrinking here and there, especially on the Retribution, but otheriwse? Nope. I think you're mistaking it for rotation or half-pixel centering. On the other hand, I've used some outlining on the Prophecy, that's the only occasion on which I *do* stretch sections, mildly. I'll see if I can improve it there.

Also, the new Omen was based on the actual in-game model, using a top down screenshot from that as a reference picture. The shape is practically identical. I'll upload so you can check.

Ah, the Retribution is red? Thanks, the screens I have show it as purple. Darn system lighting again. Will fix. Same for the Harbinger
Silverware
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Silverware »

Some sections seem fuzzy, that's why I thought it was stretching, as that tends to do that. It may just be rotation, or just the BSF rendering. Half pixel centering may do it but I don't know. Those fuzzy areas probably disappear in-game.
The red color is a kinda dark blood red sorta color. And it looks rather neat with the coloration of the ship.
Still I love these ships, can't wait for the pack to be released.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

good ships, i like the colouring, im working in the abaddon, and sorry for my other post, i broken the rules, i think :oops:
AlphaDetisMegas
Captain
Captain

Post by AlphaDetisMegas »

AD, when i look at the harbinger i spot a mirroring error.

Edit: Maybe put another section on top to mask those two overlapping ones?
Nothing is forever. It can't be. 'Cause everyone changes.
Whether they want to or not, they need to change. Myself... Even you!
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

im working in the abaddon
Sooo....you're currently working on a ship that I'm obviously gonna do very soon? I can't stop you, but please don't put it here again. :|

@ ADM: will do.
praetors
BANNED

Post by praetors »

Do not worry will not commit that mistake again.
Later will show along with those are, I say only that the ships that have shown before 4 months, I'm not copying, just revived my desire to continue the fleet.
I do not copy or create the same craft your post