Something big.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

SHAD0Wdump
BANNED

Post by SHAD0Wdump »

I wonder what would happen if this got into the beauty pageant.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

It'd need guns.

But hey it's looking pretty good. I don't think it ever set out to be realistic.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

The hull is complete. it's less than 200 sections, giving me plenty of room for glows and guns.
25000st
Captain
Captain

Post by 25000st »

OMFG!

Holy Ship! i just can't resist, sorry

This is amazing. Epic ownage on all aspects. Best ship on the forum.

I want download!!
Homer
Commander
Commander

Post by Homer »

Nice with only 200 sections but that red glow seems WAY out of place with a nearly all blue ship and if you used it i would suggest lowering the alpha (after changing the color to something for fitting). And the wings they seemed a little rushed.. :?
My sig is under attack by commie mods!
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

25000st wrote:Best ship on the forum.
You're gonna get eaten for this, then spat out and incinerated.

As for the ship, words cannot express the levels of "holy shit" I just had to scrape off my monitor. I declare an epic success.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

HOLY SHIP!

That thing is fucking ginormous and completely full of win and awesome! :shock: What are you calling it, the Pwnstar oe something?
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

Red+Blue is a combination that is relatively close to inverted colors.

The ship is called the Horizon Class Cityship/Titan.

Those domes on the wings are miniature cities. They're blacke dout so enemies can't see that there are people inside it, to lower the risk of destruction of innocent people.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

I'm not especially impressed. It's big. It has a lot of flashy glows. Other than that, the design and structure of it is nothing special. It's certainly damn good by the standards here. But that's 'cause the standards here suck, for the most part. I think you could do much better, C111.

Everyone else: Quit suckin' so much cock. You're all largely tasteless cunts anyway.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Latooni
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Latooni »

Man, I'm getting such a Gradius vibe here.

SHOOT THE CORE
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Your abuse of layered glows and various alpha sections has created something quite amazing. The overall effect of the core's glow permeating throughout the entire hallowed structure of the ship, with what appears to be 'containment fields' located around key areas makes for an impressive look.

However, your focus on this ominous glow aspect of your ship has left the section usage to be in needing of more work.

The ship's shape is fine.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Kaelis

Post by Kaelis »

Indeed. Already third holy ship this month, and it just started. But i don't complain, the more the merrier.

You have truly outdone yourself, Commodore111. Not only this is by far your best ship ever, its also one of the best ever built, in my humble opinion.

Contrasting backdrop glow to enhance the silhouette? Brilliant. Loving the exaggerated, flashy reactor. Mecha + fraxy sections is also a good idea.

It is somewhat cluttered and certain bits show repetition, but at this scale, i think its hard to avoid. And well, we just don't get many massive ships these days.

Is it really just 200 sections? Or did you merge some parts into sections?

Anna wrote:Everyone else: Quit suckin' so much cock. You're all largely tasteless cunts anyway.
You can kiss my ass with your itsy-bitsy camelot ships :)
Anna

Post by Anna »

Kaelis wrote:
Anna wrote:Everyone else: Quit suckin' so much cock. You're all largely tasteless cunts anyway.
You can kiss my ass with your itsy-bitsy camelot ships :)
I'd rather avoid touching the ass of anyone tasteless enough to give a Holy Ships award to Melvin's glowy penis bricks that would be considered sub-par even by pre-.90 standards, buddy. :)
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

Are those... hex shields? Really? Do not like. The red glows seem a bit out of place, too. It's like there's some massive light source behind the ship. I have a hard time believing that there's some red thing bigger than that reactor on the backside.
Kaelis wrote:You can kiss my ass with your itsy-bitsy camelot ships :)
I lol'd. @Anna: I feel inclined to point out that, should liking this ship be the only qualifying factor for being a tasteless cunt, I am totally fine with being a tasteless cunt.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Sponge wrote:I lol'd. @Anna: I feel inclined to point out that, should liking this ship be the only qualifying factor for being a tasteless cunt, I am totally fine with being a tasteless cunt.
I never said liking it made you a tasteless cunt. Heck, I like it well enough. It's a decently made ship. These people furiously masturbating over it like every single shipbuilding technique used on it hasn't been used before (they all have), or that its shape is somehow something new and interesting (it's not), they're they ones who're tasteless cunts.

For the record, I never once said this ship was bad. It's actually pretty damn nice. Better than anything I've made recently, even. It could still be done a lot better and if you guys let Commodore111 think otherwise, I will make it my personal goal in life to fuck up all of your shit.
Quality Control Enforcer