Imperator Pavel I's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Should I keep with this style?

Yes
7%
No
93%

Total votes: 28

Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Trolling is deliberately posting things that will irritate people for the purpose of your own entertainment. It is immature, unproductive, and a great way to get banned. Don't do it.
For a better idea of what kind of things irritate people, I recommend lurking, which is spending a length of time, preferably at least a month, doing nothing but reading threads. While you are lurking, you must not post, because it would defeat the purpose of lurking.

One final note, Seraph is the last person you want pissed off at you. For that matter, if you piss enough people off, regardless of who they are, it will attract Seraph's attention, invariably getting him pissed off at you, which will result in the sheer force of his rage tearing you to bloody shreds.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Post by Imperator Pavel I »

Added ablative armor:

MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

This is ugly, repeating section spam AGAIN.
As well as the ship still got holes.
The tip isnt even right.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Get a piece of paper, plan out your ship, and start again.

Really, all this 'thing' does is get crappier and spammier.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That was my fault for not explaining albative armor very well. Generally would use a much smaller section for one. Try deleting the 22s, filling in the gaps, coloring it, then adding armor. Also this nose doesn't line up, try finding two sections that create the triangular nose you seem to be going for without overlapping or leaving a gap.
TBE's idea is good, it certainly can't hurt. Gaps in the ship are ok but they should be planned out, rather than the result of poor section choice. Keep trying though.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

I'm sorry, but that thing blows ass! Scrap it and build something completely new.
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Made the armor smaller, now look at my 4th post, something like that
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

What? Image

Sorry, I don't see the difference. The holes in the hull (FILL THEM IN, PARENTED AND LAYERED PROPERLY!) and the overlapping mirrored sections (Unfuck the overlap or cover that shit up!) look really wrong to me, and the LOL TRON GREEN color(s?) are still epicfailular , btw. The sectionspam needs fixing as well. The ablative armor was a regression; remove or change it up!
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

1. Color: I still have to think up a color scheme, I know. How bout red-white.

2 Armor: My sprite for the armor is now this section: Image.

3 Sheilds: Should I add shields?

One more thing, for the poll, I'll get better if I stay consistent.
Last edited by Imperator Pavel I on Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Then don't do a poll, and don't use only 1 section for something.
You know, people variate in building ships.
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

1. Try it out, though don't forget to make use of shades of white and red instead of just plain white and red without variations.

2. There are plenty of default sections that serve well for ablative armor, but that's your call if you want to use your own sections. Just make sure the sprite for your armor section is 80x80 dimensions and centered, or else you'll have a headache when you rotate and flip the thing.

3. Not yet, you still have to work on your section usage and ship layout before you try this.
Realism, seriously? It's a space ship game. Realism was thrown out the window a long time ago.
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

when was this thing good?
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

The ship was never "Good" although it's good compared to your usual work.
Now get to it, fill the damn holes, and make a logical structure in the ship, it looks like you just used random sections to create some shape.
Imperator Pavel I
BANNED

Yes, yes it is.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

At least for the triangular form, how bout dansec 06 for the nose? Its in the sections folder. you might have an easier time if you werent trying to make it transform; just take them as seperate ships and make them each good. and for ablative armor it is ok to use one section because its either tiny or barely sticking out, i don't know what you are talking about melvin. the sprite you have is good, but remove that line part of it. Try blackharts section pack, #39.Sheilds come last.