Federated Elysian States - Naval Inventory

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Federated Elysian States - Naval Inventory

Post by bien4500 »

The Federated Elysian States, or the FES is a loose collective of several stellar systems. They were formed in the aftermath of the 2997-2310 conflict known as the 'Confederate Twilight', where the Confederacy and the Gabrielan Union clashed due to a significant amount of biochemical weapons being developed by the GU.

The FES split from the CUS after the mightly nation was plunged into a short period of anarchy. However, both nations still maintain close ties and are strong allies.

FES-201 PK "Repensum Est Canicula"

One of the Planet Killers built during the Confederate Twilight, she was donated by the CUS to the FES as a war museum. She was stripped of her weapons after the war. Her full blueprints are still stored in the Black Folder for production at a moment's notice.

[ARMAMENT UNDISCLOSED]

Length: 39Km
Width: 20Km
Height: 10Km
Displacement: Approx. 10 Billion Tons
Crew: 1,520 Humans (Skeleton Crew: 250)/100 CNI'ed Humans (Complete Neural Interfaced)/10 AIs

Aft - Zoomed In

Fore - Zoomed In

So, u liek? Suggestions and CnC are needed.

Note: Moar to come.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Image Fears a influx of AHAB inspired wings flooding the forums.

I don't like how the fore looks, section wise and design wise (the little wing-like things mostly).
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Actually, those wings are LOLI inspired.
And I'll fix tomorrow, if I avoid the death-trap of reviews.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Hints at the split for hull and points out to TBE that there may be some AHAB in there after all. Image

Seriously though, this ship's section usage could use a lot of work. Needs more crips-ness, more flowing lines between individual sections. It's too messy to my tastes. I don't like the yellow-red glow either. Maybe some opposing colors?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

For the little stock 3-like winglet sections, if you keep them, maybe use Melvin's section 2...It would look badassish

The rear seems diminutive in comparison to the rest of the ship. Bigger engine structure perhaps?
Coriolis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Coriolis »

Dark grey looks pretty flat so it does look a bit messy. Shape and colors are pretty decent but the connection between the stern and bow halves is kinda flimsy.
Insert wittiness here.
RandomOne
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by RandomOne »

The front looks spammy, but that good be to the colors. The colors look a little flat anyway. But it's interesting.
I laughed.
He cried.
I hit him motionally.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Okay, thanks guys. I'll fix the ship.

And AD, the split is not AHAB. Most of my ships have a split at the front.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Way too much flat dark grey. Also, you could just splice the two zoomed shots together for one larger screenshot.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

On top of what everyone else has said, I really don't like the light-gray sections at the very tip of the bow. It looks too bland and really stands out compared to the rest of the ship.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Yes, definitely need moar color, though try to avoid cliche red+gray... light blue+metallic, maybe?

I liked that you used orange and yellow and used them well in combination with the red. The metallic parts, as stated above, are bland and need more color highlights and color depthing.

Liked the section usage, though i can't help but agree with Echo that it looks like AD's AHAB.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

Liek so?
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Ew, no. Overdoing it a bit there. Needs less 64/64/64 dark grey though.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
bien4500
Commodore
Commodore

Post by bien4500 »

The overbrightness is a side-effect though. If you want, I'll post the original pics.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I have to say that's an interesting usage of what was originally a failed fighter sprite...
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush