Earth Federation fleet: Strike Carrier and fighters

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

:D *VNilla feels smug* :D
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Don't. I discarded the idea as impractical and inaesthetical, on second thought.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

*VNilla's bubble bursts ungracefully* :( What was your idea, actually? Just wondering.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

To have the orbs fade in and out as the beams charge. but that'd leave you with empty hexagons when the weapons aren't active.
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Doublepost, but I has reason!

EN-OD-Michael Goede Mk II

After the Great War, the MRA had one last threat to deal with: roaming bands of Scourge, Tal'Vorah, and even To' Hol Venaari, leftover from the collapse of the Technocracy, were still out there and attacked anything that even so much as twitched in their direction. Needless to say, the MRA couldn't hope of restoring the Alliance without them gone.

In the mean time, the MRA had built new warships to strengthen it's forces after the exhausting war. One of these was the Michael Goede Mk II, a tribute to the powerful warships that had fought so valiantly in the war. The ship was turned into a heavy hunter-killer, being the only one heavy enough to take care of all threats posed by the Technocracy remnants.

STATISTICS

Dimensions
Displacement: 145.680 metric tonnes
Length: 1050 meters stem to stern
Width: 480 meters port to starboard
Heigth: 210 meters ventral to dorsal

Power
Energy Generation: Fairbanks Mk XVI Annihilation Furnace

1x AHE Thrust Dep. Main Plasma Drive, SuperHeavy Commission

2x AHE Thrust Dep. Main Plasma Drive, Heavy Commission

4x Sckojorghall Mk X Alcubierre Gravitic Drive Blades

Armament

7x Sckojorghall Continuous Stream Plasma Emitter (3600 Mw/second)

22x Sckojorghall Medium Plasma Emitter (60 Mw/shot)

38x AHAB Mk II Hyperspace Collapse Missile Launcher (100 MT)

Defenses
Armour: Ceramic Armour, layered with reactive gelpacks and SHDPE honeycomb supports
Belt: 2.4 meters
Deck: 2 meters
Turrets: 2.3 meters
Engines: 2.8 meters
Inner Bulkheads: 0.8 meters

Sckojorghall Structural Integrity Field Emitters

Add. Equipment
Durmitor MkVI sensory package:
-short range laser resonance sensors
-short range ion field scanner
-long range Warp Capable nanodrones w. short range scanning & sensing equipment

Requirements
Crew: 1500 ~
AM: 5.4 kilos ~ /operational year
Coolant: 1.456 liters of liquid Composite Coolant Gel/ Operational year

OPERATIONAL STATISTICS AND ACHIEVEMENTS

Commission: 4591 A.D, six years after the Siege of Veri Thuul (6 A.S.Vt)
Projected lifespan: 168 years of full operation

Vessels Commissioned:
ANS Macerator
ANS Illuminator
ANS Malice
Vessels under construction:
ANS Devastator
Vessels decommissioned:
ANS Carnerous ~ Total-loss (Battle of Nertheris)

Notable Engagements
Battle of Nertheris
Siege of Sarralor VII
Battle of Jumpgate Beta-3 Tranquil

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DL's still pending
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Um.... what is that exactly...
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
TheBlueEcho
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by TheBlueEcho »

Left overs from the changes, perhaps. :roll: If you look closely it's only 10~so keystrokes away from were it was. He'll put it back where it belongs when the DL comes about.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Already fix'd. Also, writeup. DL's still pending.

@Isu: dunno 'bout you but I call it a "section".
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Magnificent! Interesting thing you did with the engine exhast...
One nitpick, I'm getting an error saying I'm missing Custom sprites\Sections\Syn_sec01a.png. I don't find it in the latest game download, or in your release...Any ideas? For now I'm going to assume its not that different and just create a copy of syn_sec01 and add an a...mostly because I want to see those beams blow shit up!

*edit* woot awesome! thanks!
Last edited by jwa8402 on Sat Apr 18, 2009 1:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Here;

It's a slightly tweaked version I made for the metagame that's even-height instead of odd, so it's better for being used on the centerline of ships.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

^ Thanks Arc.

FYI, I'll be continuing the fleet now.

editforBUMP: Lenin assault destroyer added.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

My goodness those are bright green lasers, and green, and bright... You could put an eye out with those things!

You definitely captured the classic step down battleship shape with the Lenin although the 23s feel alone both for the sparse coloring and looking unfinished compared to those on the Heritage...

Also seems you could depth the torpedos so only their barrels are sticking out of the gaps in the sections their on, but that might just be my taste. I'm gonna stop writing and go blow stuff up with your fleet :lol:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

bumpwithnewshit

Concerto Mors class Strike Carrier

Biggest and brusiest vessels in the fleet, the Concerto Mors is designed to deploy large amounts of starfighter on the field and give them decent anti cap-ship backing. These vessels can take on larger fleets on their own due to their bomber complement and array of broadside heavy torp launchers.

Basilisk class Space Superiority Fighter

A fast and nimble fighter, with decent missile weaponry as a secondary armament. Missile turrets rotate 360 degrees.

Opinions?
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

I think it looks fantastic, I really like this style. One thing I would point out is the blurry enlarged WaW section 1s towards the rear and the light grey custom sections on the centreline at what I suppose is the bridge. IMO they ruin the crisp feel of the ship.

The fighter looks different and innovative, but if it's a shipmaker screenshot then I can't help but feel that it's facing the wrong way, but that's just me.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Bumb for update.

A little explanation on the role of the Strike Carrier:

The ship's function was heavily inspired by an old game called Starlancer.

The ship launches fairly durable long-range fighters and torpedo bombers designed for raids, dogfights, and even anti cap-ship duties. It's own firepower, however, comes from the Cossac Core torpedoes, that can take smaller ships out in a few hits. Though the strike carrier is meant to stay well away from the actual battlefield, mostly just monitoring the action from FTL distance and serving as a C&C center, battles between this carrier and another capital ship do occur from time to time. The results are bloody and long lasting battles where broadside torpedo strikes do most of the work, bombers are only launched as a last resort, and fighters defend each other's base.

The power of these ships is immense, but in turn, they as well are vulnerable to enemy torpedo bombers, and are too slow and cumbersome to avoid being heavily damaged when enemy bombers manage to launch their payload.