I'm back with a few more ships. And I'd need a little help.

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Moar?

Yay
18%
Nay
29%
The cake is a lie
53%

Total votes: 51

VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Not bad. I generally like the shapes, but the missile spam is a bit... noobish (no offense). I don't know how much ship-making experience you have, but I generally believe that ships from a "mature" builder do not need eighty bazillion weapons. Color scheme could use some more variety, too.

On a side note, I'm gonna take a few cracks at that sea name:

Mediterranean?
Red?
Caspian?
Caribbean?
Black?
(Uhm... *gets atlas* Yeah it's cheating. So what?) :wink:
Arabian?
Aral?
Tasman?
Bering?
Chukchi?
South China?
East China?
Ross?
Weddell?
Bellingshausen?
Amundsen?
Scotia?
North?
Greenland?
Norwegian?
Barents?
Laptev?
Kara?
Beaufort?
Adriatic?
Ionian?
Baltic?
Aegean?
White?
Ligurian?
Tyrrhenian?
Irish?
Celtic?
East Siberian?
Yellow?
Java?
Banda?
Sulu?
Celebes?
Arafura?
Dead?
Andaran?
Flores?
Molucca?
Seram?
Sibuyan?
Mindanao?
Coral?
Timor?
Koro?
Bismarck?
Solomon?

Those are all of the ones that follow the "___________ Sea" format. If you were looking for one that's a "Sea of ___________," here they are:

Japan?
Okhorsk?
Crete? Candia? (apparently the same thing with two names)
Azov?
Galilee?

Those are all the ones I can find. Oh, by the way: if you ever need any other ship names that follow a "sea names" theme, I think I just provided a lifetime supply. Go ahead and use any you want. (This applies to anyone, but Nutcase should get dibs if he wants it.)

I swear, if I missed any, I am going to kill something/someone.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
parameciumkid
Commander
Commander

Post by parameciumkid »

Tethys.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

Shotgun on Adriatic.
Thanks.
Need highlights, and likely a complimentary color.
I'll try not to dwell in the realms of colouring.

Oh and about the missile spam ships: The Ares' only has 2 launchers and I'm still balancing the fire rate. I have however managed to blow up ships in a single salvo. So that needs a bit of work...

Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Not dead just yet.

Post by Nutcase »

Human strike force; 2x railgun platform, 6x Loki light gunship, 2x Ares missile destroyer, 1x Zeus Heavy gunship and Calypso Adriatic class missile cruiser(Newest ship in the fleet, only active for 3 months; no combat yet)
The Calypso's seeing some more of that dry dock of hers. Luckily her sister ship is leaving it's own dry dock in 4 days.
Casualty report: 6 Loki class gunships, 1 railgun platform, several more reinforcement craft and 1348 crewmen. The Ares class destroyers got 4 and 5 months of dry dock time and the Calypso got 3 months.
Okay this was supposed to be a picture wall and a few descriptions BUT since it's late, I'm in a hurry, the files got messed up and some aren't up you probably won't see that for about three more days.
Sorry guys but I've got chemistry tomorrow. (And yes I know I have to rethink the primary weapons- No matter how pretty they look my PC won't like me If I continue with the macross missile massacre style on those ships)
More pics
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Who let the dogs out?

Post by Nutcase »

Early version of the Apollo Missile destroyer fighting a Traveller.
I've been toying with letters for the last two months... Any suggestions?

I'd really like some suggestions about the letters- They're bugging me.
Can't get them to have the same size.*Opens paint.*

Since I'm bored enough to go fixing my ships.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

anyway ur ships are just nice, other than the green shields.

(green=bad, very dark=boo, dark green is good!)
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

But I wuw gween. :cry:
Well Dark green anyway and I don't intend to work too hard on something that was supposed to die by the masses.
Raul
Captain
Captain

Post by Raul »

Wow i really like both these flets, their actually looking like they were built by two different species! The letters say star wolf, ya? Hard to read but pretty cool none the less! Sorry if I missed it since I havent read your whole thread. did you release a download?
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

I think I put the alien carrier up somewhere in the thread.
I actually have two ships of a third fleet too but let's leave that for another time.
I'm in the process of releasing both fleets tough...As soon as I figure out how make decent letters and stuff.

And yup it's Star Wolf.
Also: My newest project took less than 10 min to make and set up the first test (there were some problems with the control center ).
Okay not exactly my first project in that area but you get the idea.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Post by Nutcase »

PA-18 "Charon"
The newest ship in the fleet. The Charon is basically a dropship with the added ability of space flight (and guns), designed for troop transportation and planetary bombardment. It is capable of atmospheric flight and carries four drop pods capable of carrying a ten man squad and a vehicle to the surface to clear the landing zone for the ship and it's entire cargo. You don't want to see a dozen or so of these things above your planet.
Armament:
1xlight mass driver
2xSS11 missile launcher
2xPoin defence gun (type may vary)

HC-18 "Hades"
An experimental refit of the Charon, the Hades drops the drop pods and standard weaponry for beams and some more slabs of armour.
While still experimental and only four prototypes actually combat capable it has already proven to be effective when a single ship obliterated a Traveller in a few seconds(overpowered main gun-need to fix that :oops: ...).
Armament:
3x B5 Light beam cannon
1x HB1 Heavy beam
1x PB4 Point defence beam
Notes: This ship is armed with what the Charon was initially supposed to have. I'm still fixing it's main beam tough-It can take down a Leviathan in two hits (the first hit reveals the core and the second one takes down what's left...yeah...)
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

I like the Charon more than the Hades because I'm big on front-facing everythings.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kestril
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kestril »

I really like your organic looking ships more. They have that unique flare to them.

Your two newest look alright, nothing screams "OMG FIX MEH!"
* Posts may not contain the full extent of intellect required
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

I beg to differ.

Post by Nutcase »

Except that.
Any suggestions?
Okay after a quick fix the Hades can still single shoot a Traveller and still take a beating against a Leviathan.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Noob mistakes.

Post by Nutcase »

Okay guys I've got a problem.
I've tried to make a single section fighter but since I'm doing something wrong I get this:

Code: Select all

ERROR in
action number 1
of Draw Event
for object ShipSection:

Trying to draw non-existing sprite.
Any help? PLEASE.

At least something close to do doing what I want it to:
Raptor beam corvette. Frigate based on starting intentions.
Four modified beams and two modified point beams-duration is 2, damage is 40(up from 35).
Emphasis on speed and firepower over armour, brighter part is hiding a dieterling device capable of sending the ship in and out of harms way at 100%. So yeah hit and run.
And YES it's a Sinope.
Nutcase
Captain
Captain

Locusts again. Drones this time.

Post by Nutcase »

Okay guys disregard the first part of the last post, I've managed to fix the stuff.

What the Mammoth tank is to C&C and the mothership is to Homeworld, the Locust is to my fleets.
The right demeter pods on were destroyed in the first strike and most drones managed to live to start the second run despite the tachyons and beams.
Locust stats:
-Size:20
-Hp: Core-5 Hull-10
-Weaponry: 1x Machine gun; Fire rate and damage 1, 5000 rounds(?), 30 degrees
-Max speed:10(?), Turning 6, Acceleration: 0.2(?)

Still some bugs on it tough.
Feedback?