Aztec Shipyards (Sparrow Trashed, Stratobomber fixed)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

*shut up maarten, all u did was just post one sentence of comment with lots of crap.

Anyway, ur ships are much better now! The two your sparrow class frigate has a nice design and shape, but pulse guns doesn't really fit. A deflector or two could replace them well.

For the Longbow, its better for the 2 beamers at the front to hav a normal color. The overall shape is good(maybe a part at the side for the trusters?)

Great improvement! Keep it up :D
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

For fuck's sake, Blackrider. You posted a few, poorly formed sentences telling the guy his ships were shit. There wasn't a thread of constructive criticism present. It's hardly my place to say this, but to quote Seraph, read the motherfucking rules. You also badmouthed his colors, which are standard for Alliance ships (from this thread, it's pretty easy to infer this is what he's trying to make). And then you have the audacity to insult someone who was calling you out. Here's some advice: get the fuck out.

As for the ships, I like them. The sparrow and the longbow are both pretty damn good for small ships. Much better than what we see from most new ship builders. Also noteworthy is your rapid improvement. I won't lie, your earlier stuff was pretty lousy. Definitely looking forward to new stuff from you.
Dessel Ordo
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Dessel Ordo »

defianately improving. I would suggest filling in the gaps on the Sparrow, for both aesthetics (I would suggest filling the gaps with a third color), and balance, as there is a straight shot to the core otherwise.
Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

For fuck's sake, Blackrider. You posted a few, poorly formed sentences telling the guy his ships were shit. There wasn't a thread of constructive criticism present. It's hardly my place to say this, but to quote Seraph, read the motherfucking rules. You also badmouthed his colors, which are standard for Alliance ships (from this thread, it's pretty easy to infer this is what he's trying to make). And then you have the audacity to insult someone who was calling you out. Here's some advice: get the fuck out.
Now now, cool down, I agree with you there, but it's not our purpose to send other's away :lol:

As for these new ships, I like them, only the platform got too many weapons for my taste.
The sparrow needs more beef, if you know what I mean.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

MelvinVm wrote:The sparrow needs more beef, if you know what I mean.
Dare I ask what you put in your birdfeeders at home?
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Kestril
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kestril »

(Lol)

Lets get back on topic here, I've got a good streak going and I don't want this thread to be locked up.

Here are some Minor updates:
Longbow:
Sparrow:
New: Marble defense grid.
Armament:
X4 Medium beam emitters.

A stationary satellite equipped with four MBE. Good for a stationary, cheap defense in a hurry. A rotational drive gives all beams a chance to fire for maximum firerate.

And that's about all.

Except for something secret I've been working on.
(Que drum roll)
The amazing, you-don't-want-this-thing-coming-at you-head-on craft:

(Tension mounts)

Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome, the

(More tension mounts)

B-250 STRATOBOMBER

(It's a unique Destroyer, er, bomber, er Destomber)

Armament:
X6 Anti-Fighter Pulse guns.
X1 Anti-fighter Lazer Turret
X8 Heavy Anti-Material Torpedoes (HAMTs)
X1 Electro-Magnetic Pulse gun.

The only craft that can turn YOUR battleship into an asteroid belt. The stratobomber boasts firepower, and comes equipped with an EMP to leave the enemy defenseless while it closes in for the kill. Be careful though, It's only a threat when it gets close, from far away, it's target practice.
* Posts may not contain the full extent of intellect required
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

I don't like the stratobomber at all.
:/

Easy big ship to hit from behind, and the green stuff is cluttered up
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

I do actually like the stratobomber, and the idea behind it really suits my style, but I must say there is too much green on it.
The sparrow looks like a pimped hestia to me, and that's never a good thing.
The marble is great and I think you should make some sort of carrier for it.
And the longbows new colours rock. End of conversation it is finnished now.

Offtopic I think Sponge was right, and Melvin shut up it's not like we will miss him or something.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

Melvin shut up it's not like we will miss him or something.
Wtf, rage? Defend?
Dude, are you feeling offended because I gave my opinion of his ship?
*sigh* people these days.

BBZZT! On topic
I like the longbow, reminds me of a cargo ship being refit to war.
I've never said the stratobomber was a bad idea, but it's too easy to hit from behind, it just needs bigger engines so it goes fast.
Or turn the twin scatter back, making it a tailgun.
Like this top turret
maarten
BANNED

Post by maarten »

MelvinVm wrote:
Melvin shut up it's not like we will miss him or something.
Wtf, rage? Defend?
Dude, are you feeling offended because I gave my opinion of his ship?
*sigh* people these days.
Nope I ment about blackrider, I would never get mad about comments that are made in a normal way.
You got me wrong there, my bad.
Kestril
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Kestril »

I dunno, I played around with the longbow a little more and I think leaving the blue circle of the core showing makes it look cooler:

Also, an error occured when I ran the stratobomber in BSF. I mirroring the back wings was causing the error, so I had to eyeball mirror the back two wing sections:
I also turned the turret around, to act as a tailgun. Good catch Melvin!
As it turns out, my great uncle was lead bombardier in WWII. He had something like 80% accuracy. In his bomb runs in that (B-25?)Liberator.
* Posts may not contain the full extent of intellect required
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

It's B-24 Liberator. B-25 refers to the Mitchell.

I dunno about others, but I personally think it looks a little odd to have that big section underneath the wings. I can see why it's needed, but perhaps make it a little less obvious?
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."