Single ship

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Coriolis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Single ship

Post by Coriolis »

Not very experienced at this so rip apart at will.
Mostly looking for aesthetics criticism and parenting, but a download is provided for balance and gameplay testing. The theme I was going for was a long-ranged bombardment platform that was tough in terms of pure armoring but that was not very mobile at all. Ablative armoring is present and clearly visible. Weapons are mostly stock and I changed only variables, so no innovation there. Extremely vulnerable to tachyons because it has no deflectors. The particle rifles are drivers for the square platforms they're on, and the two sections in front of each sabot are triggered to recoil. Ex-thrusters are also present and hidden underneath each fake aegis'd engine, although I'm considering replacing them because the color of the exhaust doesn't fit exactly.

tl;dr
Overall, it's a pretty compact and tough ship, but it's very vulnerable to anything that can bypass its many components, namely tachyons and railguns. It's also fairly vulnerable from the back, and its engines can be taken out. 'Tis long-ranged and slow. Stuff is all standard and there's no real new stuff, just a first ship I thought I'd post.

Download: here.
Updated 3/31/09 7:14 pm - v.03 recolored.

Recolored:
Parenting:

Armament:
2 modified Particle Rifles; + range + damage + burst + accuracy + reload + 360; - fire rate - bullet speed - turn rate - deviation
2 modified Sabot Cannons; + range + damage + explosion damage + accuracy + reload + bullet speed + clip; - fire rate - interceptability - explosion radius - reload - arc range
3 unmodified Point Beams
Last edited by Coriolis on Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Insert wittiness here.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

Dark grey+orange=Win.
Looks good to me.
MelvinVm
BANNED

Post by MelvinVm »

It needs more colors than just these 2.
Use shades of colors.

Example

The structure is nice.

Animation aint too good, glows are bad, yet this structure seems like it's showing potential.
Coriolis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Coriolis »

By animation, do you mean the recoil action or the doodads?
The tip glows were a last-minute thought and I'll happily remove them. Recoloring coming soon.
Insert wittiness here.
Warpman
Commander
Commander

Post by Warpman »

I think he meant "Jaws"
Coriolis
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Coriolis »

Oh, just to clarify, that doesn't happen continuously. Only when the sabots fire.
Insert wittiness here.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Nice ship, but it does need improvements (but I can't think of any specific ones right now).

Also: Coriolis, I think your avatar is broken.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

poor avatar>
anyway, your ship has a nice look and design, and yes, dark + orange = epic win!
the problem is that if anyone looks closely and the ship, they won't think its really nice :?
'Why so serious?' [b]-The Insane Asylum[/b]