I've been working on the sections... FINAL UPDATE

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Hades
Commander
Commander

Post by Hades »

If this is fail then there is no such thing as win.
bl3d4
Commander
Commander

Post by bl3d4 »

Please upload downloads for sprites and ships.
We are bits of stellar matter that got cold by accident, bits of a star gone wrong.
- Sir Arthur Eddington
"Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense."
-- Chapman Cohen
TheShipwrightArms
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by TheShipwrightArms »

Well.
BizzarreCoyote wrote:Failed?!
Yup. I really struggled with the two bigger ones. I don't know if other people can build this way but if I don't design everything out first I tend lose my way. "Open SM, spam on" just doesn't work for me.
Arcalane wrote:so i herd u liek faux aegis?
Call it Aegiphilia.
This is me testing my custom filled/aegis sections.
Kaelis wrote:Freaking hell,
A lot of your sections in there too dude.
jwa8402 wrote:Am I seeing correctly that you used transparent hull plates over the detailed/glowing innards?
Nope, you see incorrectly. It's much more simple to pull off, it's just a graduated fill section which happens to take aegising rather well.
Sponge wrote:My only nitpick is that the first two ships are very similar, but the third has a vastly different hull shape
Section test ships dude, that the colour scheme is the same is incidental. It's not meant to be a fleet.
Skrim wrote:Can we have armed versions of the second and third ships?
TSA wrote:but like I said these are just test cases for the sections so they'll never be released. I've not bothered to arm, parent or design them properly, nor have I altered the base Hestia stats.
The other reason being that I still have to finalise the custom section naming and such so these ships won't work with the final section pack anyway.
DoomBringer wrote:please add more to this collection of fail
I like that, from now on this thread will be known as The Collection of Fail.
Singularity wrote:this guy is Anna with a duplicate account
Ha! I think the gent in question would be slightly put out by that suggestion. Besides, the style is completely different.
Lizzie wrote:...make some that are built to be armed; because I want to see some combat worthy versions of these.
Yes Ma'am, I'll get right on that.

~~~

Right then, I have my orders.

a) Create final sections
b) Organise final section pack naming and content
c) Build combat worthy ships using pack
d) Release pack
e) Release ships

Ok. I may be some time.
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

I'm really happy to see that you didn't run out of steam after making the Necrid. Simply amazing work - your ability to take really cheesy, acid color schemes and make them visually stunning is admirable.
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

a) Create final sections
b) Organise final section pack naming and content
d) Release pack
Yay If you could create such failness with these sprites then imagine the possibilities......Billions of holy ships of fail.

Expect them soon 'dies from anxiety'

All hail fail ship genius
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

FAIL IS THE NEW GOD, WIN IS THE NEW FAIL. Sorry, had to hop on the bandwagon.

But seriously, if you could give us these sprites that'd be wonderful. I want those effects, blast it!
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

Guys, it's very simple really. He has to post his failure ships because if he posted the ships that he considers to be of very high quality, our minds would be flayed as if God were present.
*remembers scene from Indiana Jones: Raiders of the Lost Ark*
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Ninteen45
Commander
Commander

Post by Ninteen45 »

The third would look alien organic-ish if the Back (I think) was the front, but these put plenty on people here to shame. Congrats.
blackrider123
Commander
Commander

Post by blackrider123 »

really awesome dude! its very realistic compared to any other ship i ever seen!
pls post downloads and sprites for them
Spoot Knight
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral
Location: In the Vega star system, monitoring UCM defense movement.

Post by Spoot Knight »

Failed? The second ship alone just put my entire fleet down, not that it's modern or anything, but I can't think of what to make with all these sections lying about...it just leaves me braindead.
The United Commonwealth Military and Spootech Industries joint fleet.
[img]http://i97.photobucket.com/albums/l223/SpootKnight/Spootech/av-1.gif[/img]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1854]Spootech Industries - The Third Revision, upgrading to the Fourth Revision.[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2273]How Spootech Industries came to be as it is now; the history of Spootech Industries ship making.[/url]
Skull13
Captain
Captain

Post by Skull13 »

dictionary.com wrote: Fail:
–verb (used without object) 1. to fall short of success or achievement in something expected, attempted, desired, or approved: The experiment failed because of poor planning.
2. to receive less than the passing grade or mark in an examination, class, or course of study: He failed in history.
3. to be or become deficient or lacking; be insufficient or absent; fall short: Our supplies failed.
4. to dwindle, pass, or die away: The flowers failed for lack of rain.
5. to lose strength or vigor; become weak: His health failed after the operation.
6. to become unable to meet or pay debts or business obligations; become insolvent or bankrupt.
7. (of a building member, structure, machine part, etc.) to break, bend, crush, or be otherwise destroyed or made useless because of an excessive load.
8. to stop functioning or operating: The electricity failed during the storm.

–verb (used with object)
9. to be unsuccessful in the performance or completion of: He failed to do his duty.
10. (of some expected or usual resource) to prove of no use or help to: His friends failed him. Words failed her.
11. to receive less than a passing grade or mark in: He failed history.
12. to declare (a person) unsuccessful in a test, course of study, etc.; give less than a passing grade to: The professor failed him in history.
In other words: Not this. Good work, and I like it. Make more.
This user is a proponent of the whole "Check your **** parenting" idea.

This is a signature. It goes at the end of my post.

Your face is so *adjective* that it *verb*s
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

TheShipwrightArms wrote:Call it Aegiphilia.
TSA, I think you have a decent sig here if you want it.
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
Cycerin
Captain
Captain

Post by Cycerin »

Please, keep mentioning the irony of "fail" in your posts. It was still funny the seventh time.
VNilla
Commander
Commander

Post by VNilla »

Cycerin, I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not. *spends several hours thinking; head explodes from high blood pressure during hour 8*
Ne me forcez pas à arracher votre gorge, s'il vous plaît.
~~~~~
[b]ZOMG NINJA SARCASM[/b] :shock:
~~~~~
[quote="Arcalane"]If anyone says "y'all" again I'm going to string them up and put their head on a pike.[/quote]
DarchZero
Commander
Commander

Post by DarchZero »

This ship seriously fails, seriously, it fails.

What a failure we have here. One failing guy trying to build a magnificent ships, and in the end, he failed. Hah! Nobody can fail better than he does!

If everyone fails, the world will be a better shipmaking place :D Epic fail man. epic fail. This fleet makes any custom sprite-made ships in this world fail to fail.
Are we talking about opposites or negativity? :?
Died to gatekeeping and mod arrogance