Halo Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

masterjamie9
Ensign
Ensign

Halo Ships

Post by masterjamie9 »

Well im away for like... a halfe year or so, maybe longer.
But i want to delete this topic, or can't i?
Else can moderators delete this please?
Thx.
Last edited by masterjamie9 on Thu May 13, 2010 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Whats better? An unhittable Fighter or an undestroyable Destroyer?
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

...I'm just going to leave the major criticism to the other guys, they do it better than I can.

These bear I suppose some resemblance to Covenant ships, but if I didn't know that's what they were supposed to be I'd assume they were just some random crappy ships.

Also, the black looks bad. Bad to the point of wondering why you put it there.
Last edited by Slayer0019 on Mon Mar 09, 2009 3:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Tyrael
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Tyrael »

I'm going to go with the same option as the guy above me.

I'd say the color needs to be changed, to the purple/blue that covenant use. Trying not to be a hypocrite, but you used to many sections over and over. Though I do that same thing sometimes so, I can't really comment on that.
512 letters is not a license to use nearly a dozen lines.

[size=75]Besides, that was even worse than what Melvin had.[/size]
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

I'm just going to make a list.

Good:

-you have the GENERAL shape kinda down, but it isn't al there.
-You didn't weapon spam.

Bad:

-Black is NOT he colour of choise when trying to make a blank space.
-It would be well, more if you use custom sections.
-With the last point your section spam kinda kills the overall feel of the ship.

I would advise a scrap and try again. I'm sure one day you'll get them, but today is not it.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
Verminator
Captain
Captain

Post by Verminator »

The black sections are ugly as sin. Recolour them pronto. The repetition of section 20s and 21s on the outer hull is another huge eyesore - get some variation in there.

It has the general shape down, but only vaguely. Otherwise, this ship barely even resembles its source material. It's the wrong colour, and like I say, the hull shape is only vaguely similar. With some work you can fix it, but to be frank you need to do a lot.
I have to kill fast and bullets are [i]too slow.[/i]
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Compare your

to this source.

When I superimposed the outlines, I found a poor match.
You should aim for something like ArcaneDude's version:

-You have more than 26 sections to work with. Make use of all of them.
-Fill in the blackspace. Be careful so that the insides and outline do not clash.
-Think about the colours of covenant ships. Try for a cool blue/purple colour scheme instead of one gray color.
-Practice and never give up. This is your first attempt so it is not fair to expect you to be godly instantly. Making a reconstruction of a ship is pretty tough to pull off for a first endeavour but you can do it.

Edit:
Try finding a clear topside picture of a covenant ship and set it as your background in the shipmaker. This will make it much easier for you to keep the shape accurate while you build.
masterjamie9
Ensign
Ensign

Post by masterjamie9 »

Squishy wrote:Compare your

to this source.

Thats not the real covenant ship in halo, the real one does not have like big plates but thanks for the tips, im going to make the change the black to another collor.

My source

Also i want to say that purple was the old collor:
This is a level of halo 1 (trust me, i have played that level around hundred times)
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Yours still only has passing resemblance to even your won source. Why not have a top-down picture, set it as the background and work from there? that would at least enable you to pick out the correct shape and get the interior details in the right place at least.

As it is it doesn't work - and why did you think black sections worked?! Look at your source - see all that detail in the DARK GREY areas? Yeah. Try having a look at some of the other sections, and look at previous examples to get an idea how to do curves right.

Oh, and don't pick a ship from a popular series as your first post - try some of your own creations first to get familiar with how to make ships up to community standard before sharing them.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
DoomBringer
Commander
Commander

Post by DoomBringer »

Why don't you try making the UNSC ships first, they are much easier.
Oh, and don't pick a ship from a popular series as your first post - try some of your own creations first to get familiar with how to make ships up to community standard before sharing them.
I agree, get used to making your own first then try again. Fan ships are much harder because every part needs to be perfect. don't worry practice makes perfect. And for color try a light grey.

And uhh what game was your source?
Part of being sane, is being a little bit crazy.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Looks like a Star Trek Armada (II?) mod. And I always thought the Covenant ships were a shade of purple, to go with their internals. The one from Halo 1 definitely is a purple ship, the ones from Halo 3 are a blue purple too, iirc. Why do people keep calling them grey? The only grey the Covenants use are special ops armour colour schemes, and even that's more silver :p
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

1. Those are two different ships. The one you made, and the one in the mod screenshot is a Covenant Assault carrier. The one I made, and shows in the Halo CE screenshot is a Covenant CCS class cruiser.

2. Covenant ships are purple, not grey.

3. Why the pure black? Use a dark grey; we'll see the structure even while the trench remains dark. I'd also suggest some dark blue doodads, to simulate lights.

4. On your model, I only see beams. While a Covenant Assault Carrier carries a single Energy Projector (in the center), it's also armed with several Plasma Torpedo launchers. Please don't forget that.

5. Repetition. This means that you use a single type of section a lot of times over, right next to each other. It makes a ship look cheap, and is heavily discouraged if not necessary or adding to the design. This ship has the type of repetition we'd discourage, I'm afraid.

Those are the major problems with this ship. The general shape is okay, but I'd suggest you read this before making any changes to the model. My own suggestion on that, however, is to start over from scrap.

EDIT;

Best refpic for the Assault carrier. This is the official Halo 3 model.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush