Babylon 5 fanfleet (UPDATE-Liandra and EFOne + Scalechart)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

I don't know, if you continue you the B5-Project with the new Shipmaker, but i like all ships from B5, that you have create. I say respect. :D

Mod Edit: User was warned for this post; great, I've not even been up an hour and I'm already giving out warnings. What a great start. -Arc.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

March 2008?! Call the paladins, we've got a necro!
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
2500kgm3
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 2500kgm3 »

Wicky_42 wrote:March 2008?! Call the paladins, we've got a necro!
Something I am quite pleased of, for obvious reasons.

Right now, I am in the middle of some other projects, so I don't think I would be able to redo the b5 ships. However, with custom sections and features such as movement, it might be a really interesting task (rotating omega!) although it would imply basically drawing pixel by pixel every ship in a drawing software, getting sections built from the drawing in a coherent way, and getting them to fit as you wanted in the shipbuilder (which is in fact, the process I am using to build a next generation loricentii fleet) Lack of time and the fact other proyects have me captive just now make this proyect hard to afford proyect for me.

So I think I have to leave this in a Maybe. If someone else wants to take the honored duty of rebuilding b5ships with custom sprites, movement and propper coloured weapons, I encourage you to do so, and have no problems with it.
VORLON SHIPBUILDER

Visit the Babylon5 Fleet page, now with 32 different ships all in scale with each other in both size and firepower.

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1768/]Visit the shipyards and download the fleet![/url]
Isu
Captain
Captain

Post by Isu »

Wow... Repetition.... ahhh!! Did anyone else not notice the monstrous repetition in the ships? Of course, I'm not much of a B5 fan so I don't really know how much like the originals they look... But other than that i find them very good looking.
On mules we find two legs behind
and two we find before.
We stand behind before we find
what those behind be for.
X-14
Commander
Commander

Post by X-14 »

Isu wrote:Wow... Repetition.... ahhh!! Did anyone else not notice the monstrous repetition in the ships? Of course, I'm not much of a B5 fan so I don't really know how much like the originals they look... But other than that i find them very good looking.
yes this is true. I have buy all DVD's of B5 an i way supriesed over the details from the ships. My favorit folk from B5 are the shadows.
2500kgm3
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by 2500kgm3 »

Isu wrote:Wow... Repetition.... ahhh!! Did anyone else not notice the monstrous repetition in the ships? Of course, I'm not much of a B5 fan so I don't really know how much like the originals they look... But other than that i find them very good looking.
I agree, repetition was one of my bigger faults. And it is more obvious in big ships, like in the Victory. I have no excuse for the victory's look but to say it was my first "big ship". I have never built ships bigger than the standard destroyers from the Earth Alliance, since I do not like "superweapons of mass ownage" That is my only defense in this case.

On the other ships... I thought some times it was recreating quite propperly the plating on the ship, and while repetition is very common on most ships, I always used only the sections I though were more fitting with the "feel" of the ship, and prioritized the ships shape and inner edges over the texture of the hull.

And I hate stretching, so I only stretched sections for antennae. No other section is enlarged or diminished from it's standard size. it is a pet peeve of mine. That made me use more sections than some people would have to cover the same space. And I wanted the pixel resolution to be the same in all ships. A section in a Victory is the same size of a section in a hyperion. Otherwise, they would look extremely ugly when side by side.

In short: I am guilty of a repetition crime. But back then I found it justified enough to consider it a minor problem.

And thanks for the compliment about them being very good looking.
VORLON SHIPBUILDER

Visit the Babylon5 Fleet page, now with 32 different ships all in scale with each other in both size and firepower.

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1768/]Visit the shipyards and download the fleet![/url]
Draco18s
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Draco18s »

The shadow empire ships are impossible to discern against that black background. I do believe that there is a rule about making black ships.

Or at least post them with a different background.

BTW, feel free to use my trick if you wish to attempt a go at Babalon 5 itself.

Edit:
My post appears blank, but all of the text is here if I edit....
Edit 2:
Oh, buggered up the URL tag. Lol.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Draco18s wrote: BTW, feel free to use my trick if you wish to attempt a go at Babalon 5 itself.
That's genius Draco - been trying to work out how to to rotations in that plain! Of course, battledamage is going to look a bit screwy... Nice none the less.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]