Misc ships o' mine

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

TheKompressorKrushor
Ensign
Ensign

Misc ships o' mine

Post by TheKompressorKrushor »

I make ships for BSF every now and then. I just wanted to post some stuff that I'd made in the past few weeks.
Alastair*
The UNOP's first multipurpose ship since the weaponary revolution. The ship follows the design of the Fletia, but heading in a more direct kind of combat using standard ammunition and rockets.
Demetia
The UNOP's standard scout. Often used when unidentified targets are marked or when something has been lost.
Gritia
The Gritia is often the lead ship in small parties of smaller or equal sized ships. It often marks targets with its rockets to help concentrate fire and increase efficiency.
Novanu
An unconventional design, the Novanu lacks an adequete amount of point defense, instead, it is armed with experimental ablative armor.

*Changed some colors on Alastair
CC please.
Last edited by TheKompressorKrushor on Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:58 am, edited 6 times in total.
:|
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

Good job. I like your choice of weapons, these ships look nice and balanced. A few suggestions: I would include a picture of what the Fletia looks like if you're going to use its name in the background info, but you don't have to. Also, you might want ot rework the color scheme on the Alastair, so it fits in with the other ships more, unless these ships aren't supposed to really go together. Or is that what you meant by 'the Alastair looks wonky'?

Edit: Btw, welcome to the forum! I noticed that this is your first post :)
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
TheKompressorKrushor
Ensign
Ensign

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:Good job. I like your choice of weapons, these ships look nice and balanced. A few suggestions: I would include a picture of what the Fletia looks like if you're going to use its name in the background info, but you don't have to. Also, you might want ot rework the color scheme on the Alastair, so it fits in with the other ships more, unless these ships aren't supposed to really go together. Or is that what you meant by 'the Alastair looks wonky'?

Edit: Btw, welcome to the forum! I noticed that this is your first post :)
FLETIA.
Wolfbrother
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Wolfbrother »

I definitely prefer the Alastair much better weapon-section ratio. Only other one I feel is odd is the Demetia. vThe rest are nice looking, nicey painted ships.
Sponge
Captain
Captain

Post by Sponge »

With the exception of the Demetia (which is really quite lousy), I really like these. They're simple, yet visually attractive. Section selection is well done, weapon placement is thoughtful, and color scheme is unique and appealing. Fletia is a bit weapon heavy. I recommend limiting it to drones or weapons. Primarily drones with auxiliary weapons is also fine, but it's very cluttered as it stands.

I do have one small request, and that it to give this thread a title that actually identifies the subject matter in one way or another. There's far too many nondescript titles floating around here as it is, but this takes it to a whole new level of aggravating.
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Slayer0019 »

The Novanu's internal thruster thing looks really cool. I'll have to try that sometime.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
Kane
Commander
Commander

Post by Kane »

Color is ok but the FLETIA is just bad. Weapon spaming does not look good on any ship! It makes my eyes rain!
[img]http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg43/Kane_Lives/BSFS1.jpg[/img]
Hypothetical Wisdom
Commander
Commander

Post by Hypothetical Wisdom »

One thing you might do to cut down on the number of weapons is consolodating some of the redundant weapons. For example, instead of having 16 demeter launchers, you could put two launchers in exactly the same spot. A better way to do it would be to eliminate half of the launchers, then double the fire rate of the remaining turrets. You could also try reducing the size of some of the weapons, or making some of them 0 alpha.

I made this mistake when I first started building, too. I'd post an example, but I'm too lazy to. :)
Will work for kewl sig/av

[i]There are only 10 kinds of people in the world, those who understand binary and those who don't.[/i]
TheKompressorKrushor
Ensign
Ensign

Hypothetical Wisdom wrote:One thing you might do to cut down on the number of weapons is consolodating some of the redundant weapons. For example, instead of having 16 demeter launchers, you could put two launchers in exactly the same spot. A better way to do it would be to eliminate half of the launchers, then double the fire rate of the remaining turrets. You could also try reducing the size of some of the weapons, or making some of them 0 alpha.

I made this mistake when I first started building, too. I'd post an example, but I'm too lazy to. :)
The Fletia is bad, I know. So are most of the ships I made earlier. Right now I'm just trying to get more stock balanced and simple shaped ship designs.