New Fleet in work the Dune Fleet

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nexus Battleship
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

New Fleet in work the Dune Fleet

Post by Nexus Battleship »

This is their battleship the Bijen Battleship

Edit: change the support beams for the cannons

Please I need feed back tell me what you think
I'm trying to get good at it. :?:

CREDITS to Arcalane for his Turrets
Last edited by Nexus Battleship on Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
AstralXYZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AstralXYZ »

I wonder why some people get 'their' confused with 'there'.

Anyways... the colour scheme still clashes. Your red is far too dark compared to the yellow on the back, and why are there turrets on small supports like that? I doubt the supports would be able to hold the turrets very securely.

Try using custom colours instead of your usual colour scheme, it can help far more. Using custom colours also lets you use more than just 3 colours.

Then again, I'm pretty much just an amateur. Maybe you should let guys like Anna or Arcalene do the criticizing. >.>
Nexus Battleship
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

dame

you are right changing it now
The Panzerschreck
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by The Panzerschreck »

I personally think the rear gun would look better if it was flipped horizontally. Just my opinion though.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=81186#81186][img]http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/9421/pzschmq6.png[/img][/url]
AstralXYZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AstralXYZ »

Come to think of it... yeah. Rear turret would look better pointing backwards.

And I suggest you scrap the turret support entirely and put it on the ship itself. No decent shipbuilder would put turrets like that out on supports like that. Same goes for the dual laser turrets on the front.

Your colour scheme needs to be changed before more people get their eyes assaulted... (I think)

Try scrapping the yellow sections on the rear entirely - they look like they don't belong to the ship.
Wicky_42
Captain
Captain

Post by Wicky_42 »

Rather than scrapping the side turrets, you could just bulk them up into capitol ship side sponsons - much more fun :D
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=4014]Terran Republic[/url]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2792]HW2 Hiigaran Navy[/url]
Aederrex
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Aederrex »

It would look better if you layered the colors better. at first it looks like it's layered red > grey > yellow, but some of the grey parts overlap the red. It really ruins the illusion of depth.

Edit: Having looked at it again, I agree with the people who say the rear main turret should be flipped to face backwards. have them all set to 90 degree arc ranges (or maybe slightly more, 95 or 100 since they're relatively far apart.) and you can have a great broadsider, with a WWII era battleship feel to it.
Nexus Battleship
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Here it is all fix

I've gone over it as you can see in the Screenshot

I've rot the back turret 180 dergees facing back.
fix the layer. What should I change the colors to, but yellow stay on it no matter what. More feedback please :?:
AstralXYZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AstralXYZ »

To be honest, the ship would still look better without the yellow sections on the rear...

The lower cannon on the rear turret is slightly off. Might wanna fix that.
Krynvelhat
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Krynvelhat »

If you are going to use yellow, perhaps not just have it at the rear - add some yellow to the front somehow?

The dual turrets hanging out on the sides of the ship look silly - aesthetically and practically. The turrets would simply get blown off easily, because they are large, and easy targets.
Nexus Battleship
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

back again

The problem with the rear turret fix. look at the Screenshot

I've change all the arcs on the three barrels turrets to 100
IBurn36360
Commander
Commander

Post by IBurn36360 »

In my opinion, the ship look worse witout the turrets on the side. don't ask me why. Also, change the yellow on the back and the back 2/3 of the ship to a darker grey to improve the colouring.
Alls Requiem, my current project, with many more to come. Feel free to critique my site as much as you please.
AstralXYZ
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by AstralXYZ »

Looks much better, but you need to either get rid of the yellow rear engines or change the dark red to something else.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

I think IBurn is at least partially right, in my humble opinion. The latest version looks to me like it's practically begging for sidecandy in some shape/form/scale.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Krynvelhat
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by Krynvelhat »

Maybe missile batteries instead of twin-turrets?