Sullarn Fleet Union (SFU)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

It would be awesome to have it be spinning slowly as it moves.
So you gonna post a download or wait till the fleet is finished?
The back story is at least a side we don't usually see covered, but I'm betting they will revolt at some point!
While I'd love to see a closer view or fool with it in game, its definitely a fairly original design and pretty well executed. The destroyer keeps a consistent design trend as well. Good job!
maarten
BANNED

wtf

Post by maarten »

How can the ship spin while moving. That doesn't make sense and it would mean the entire shil would have to be redone.(Engines are useless the other way around as far as I know.) And it now just Has that massive look to it while still being aerodinamic.(In space, yeah right.)
Other way around would look like some sort of a claw.(Not quite an appealing shape.)

Can't wait for the fighters and such!!!!!!
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Re: wtf

Post by Arcalane »

maarten wrote:How can the ship spin while moving. That doesn't make sense and it would mean the entire shil would have to be redone.(Engines are useless the other way around as far as I know.) And it now just Has that massive look to it while still being aerodinamic.(In space, yeah right.)
Other way around would look like some sort of a claw.(Not quite an appealing shape.)

Can't wait for the fighters and such!!!!!!
Don't be an idiot. It's possible to have vertical spin in reality, although it'd be practically impossible to represent this accurately in BSF.

Kinda like how the driver spins.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Slayer0019
Commodore
Commodore

Re: wtf

Post by Slayer0019 »

Arcalane wrote: practically impossible to represent this accurately in BSF.
He knows something we don't.
Got Steam?
Join the official BSF Steam group today!

[img]http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z148/JohnDG/sig-1.png[/img]
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I was more just saying it would be awesome to have a giant yellow boomerang/banana flying around the screen, didn't mean for it to be taken all literal-like :lol:
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Uploaded the .shp files. The Trader still has the same model, didn't have time to fix that yet. There was some trouble changing the colour of the pointbeams so they're the standard white-ish colour. Weapons are different from the images because I found out the noise they made was unbearable! Now there's Plasma/Missiles instead of the GatPulse/Tachyon. The engine colour changes with team, so you have blue engines, enemies red etc. The core changes too, otherwise the dots on the map won't change (I think).

Design (not the actual building) on a trading outpost has begun, maybe it'll be a spinning boomerang :P

The back story will be done later mostly. I'm aiming for a B-movie/space opera feel, and there will be some revolts for sure. And heroes, and such.

Maarten: sorry for sort of stealing your location, it was supposed to be a joke. I changed it back to normal now.

EDIT: Uploaded, see 1st post for the links.
maarten
BANNED

great

Post by maarten »

First of my resonse to your location was went as a counter joke.
I love the story. But I love the ships even more. Keep this up.

Can't wait for the space station.(Do you actually draw them first?)

EDIT: Can you upload the SB3 files aswell plz?
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

link is broken for both ships. All I get is a line of code or something.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

jwa8402 wrote:link is broken for both ships. All I get is a line of code or something.
I'm not sure about this, but it looks to me like his host site might be trying to print the contents, not offer a download. Try right-clicking on it and selecting "Save link as".
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

That did the trick, good thinking swamp fox
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Swamp Fox wrote:
jwa8402 wrote:link is broken for both ships. All I get is a line of code or something.
I'm not sure about this, but it looks to me like his host site might be trying to print the contents, not offer a download. Try right-clicking on it and selecting "Save link as".
Probably a website issue which'll be unfixable since it's apparently not entirely under his control.

Speaking of which you'll probably want to host the files somewhere else (box.net is good if you want to retain control for deletion/replacement) unless you like the idea of us getting your surname from the address.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Arcalane wrote:
Swamp Fox wrote:
Probably a website issue which'll be unfixable since it's apparently not entirely under his control.
Ah, good old MIMETYPE fuckups; only a total fucking dumbass would screw around with those settings on a server anyway, no excuses. Sounds like Sean should start looking for a new host.
Aaganrmu
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Aaganrmu »

Back in town (had to study and stuff, y'know) with an update - SB4 version of the big banana. First post has the details, but here's a picture anyway:

Hosting is not going to change, this is far too convenient for me. I added a right click/save as notification, which should help against the MIMETYPE kashizzle. Also, I couldn't care less about people knowing my name - there's even some obscure wiki page with more details about me, but you'll never find it :P

Work on more ships is going on, now BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD! (actually, I got a test tomorrow, so I'll take a quick nap)
Last edited by Aaganrmu on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Malahite
Captain
Captain

Post by Malahite »

This looks great. Like a victorian meta;/steam luxity good transport. The cargo crates look like gem chests to me :D
[b][color=red]Comrade Malahite
Red Star Navy senior designer[/color][/b]
[i]"True beauty lies in the eye of the viewer"[/i]
[img]http://img403.imageshack.us/img403/8817/signeh5.jpg[/img]
[i]"For all we ought to have thought, and have not thought; all we ought to have said, and have not said; all we ought to have done, and have not done"[/i]