Change of build style

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Change of build style

Post by Nabaco »

Soo...Changed my build style, how is this?

Any comments besides slightly fail cropping?
Last edited by Nabaco on Sun Jan 18, 2009 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
AidanAdv
Commodore
Commodore

Post by AidanAdv »

I have no complaints about the first ship except the that its health seems rather high for a ship its size.

The second ship would look better if you removed the section 26s and the section 10s and tried to build the "wing" piece I think you're going for using smaller sections or by covering more of the section 26 as it looks bad whenever most of is visible IMO.
The walls have eyes: the shadows we throw are the shadows we try to throw off.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

It kind of looks to me like you layered sections on top of the wings, but they're too dark to actually see much of anything. If they're actually there, then some shading and/or color variation could help.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
maarten
BANNED

NO

Post by maarten »

Swamp Fox wrote:It kind of looks to me like you layered sections on top of the wings, but they're too dark to actually see much of anything. If they're actually there, then some shading and/or color variation could help.
I don't think so. If he didn't do that the wings would look extremely stretched, now they look rather heavy and armored. This fits the colours nicely.
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

maarten wrote:I don't think so. If he didn't do that the wings would look extremely stretched, now they look rather heavy and armored. This fits the colours nicely.
Well, it's all a matter of opinion. I must admit that I can see what you mean though, and somewhat agree. If I were to recolor it I'd most likely just add some subtle shading. Essentially just tweak it enough so that it's less hidden, but leave them similar enough so that they still look almost like the same color. Not change the scheme completely, mostly play around with the brightness. But as I say, this is only my opinion. He can do with it what he will, or ignore it completely.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Nabaco
Commander
Commander

Post by Nabaco »

LMAO. I forgot to save my work in progess ship.
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

and it was the same as the other one... except for the few added sections..
the core was exactly the same..or was that going to be worked on
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."