Omicron Empire

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

LTfoxfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LTfoxfire »

They said 26s are bad and you added more?!
I took it as the 26's looked rather slapped on top of each other so I organized The arrangement. I could have spent time prettying the ship design, but I didn’t. I will, however, create a similar design from scratch with more variation.
If the goal is to surround a portion of an enemy ship, wouldn't you want substantial interior armor?
Two words, Achilles Heel. I can’t tell you how many games have their “hit me” spots right in front of the bad guy’s main cannons. Wait I can, Lifeforce, R-type, Contra, Nova 9.
Even that many pointbeams would not stop even my standard weapons. I'd destroy only a single section with a few volleys, and then your ship is already hulled and its purpose defeated.
I have an issue with your definition of “standard.” With each 26 having 3000 hp, your “standard” weapons would make even the Borg cower in fear.
Have you thought of adding a dieterling so it can just jump right over a ship
It was either that or make the ship faster and maneuverable, which I addressed when Slayer posed a similar question. The dieterling option would be ineffective if a normally faster ship could move out of range in two seconds. Having a quick, more maneuverable ring was the better option.
That would make it more difficult to fight cuz it could quickly bypass an enemies outer defenses
I can’t see how since the ship would be in the center of the ship and the inner hull would be …well..around every section of an enemy. There wouldn’t be a single enemy weapon that wouldn’t have a ‘chance’ to hit something internal. If it’s a massive ship, however, the Ring would be overwhelmed in the same way it tries to overwhelm a smaller ship. I will say the Frosch gun is a good idea.

I need to also point out that I’m desperately trying to find balance. One thing I’m seeing about many ships I’m downloading is that unless you have a ship that can pee on the deathstar, it won’t have a chance to hit, let alone, maneuver to the right position to hit unshielded areas. This makes a ship frustrating and plain not fun.

The Ring ship is over maneuverable and has too high an acceleration for a ship that size as well as a rather high hp outer hull. For a balance, the core is weak and very possible to destroy, with beam weapons that only fire inward in the range of the inner circle. I consider that balance.

I apologize to Anna for posting this in new thread.

The weapon spam is pretty much eliminated on a structure of this size. I kept all the weapons with normal stats and will post some close-ups once I organize the center a bit better and place a secondary “ring” mid way.

It is a stationary platform that turns about twice as fast as the Leviathan.

Yes, I’ll fix the colors too.
If you have a car that can go the speed of light, don't bother to turn the headlights on.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

I can see alot of mirroring errors along the 5 arms of the station.
Also a better pic of the core/middle would be nice.
LTfoxfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LTfoxfire »

alot of mirroring errors along the 5 arms of the station
Yep, kina saw that in the center and branching out from there. I wanted to post the thing before I fine tuned it.

Pictures to come soon.
If you have a car that can go the speed of light, don't bother to turn the headlights on.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Even though I can't see much detail, this is a drastic improvement. This actually looks like it would be fun to play with, and is something I will download once you finish.

Also when I said standard I meant it. A weapon with stock damage can still be modified in other ways to be very effective against high hp ships while still being balanced to stock. My point was that you should never make a critical part of a ship only one section wide, especially if it doesn't rotate...
mapper9
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by mapper9 »

unfortuantly your second ship is your best the spiral is to block and poorly colored while the first one was ok the...uniquely colored "fake" cores turned me off hide the core it would look so much better
"Good bye Arkham hello Gotham"-The Joker
LTfoxfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LTfoxfire »

Center of the Spiral

On of the arms

I'm still making the sections not overlap in the wrong places and when I'm done with a structure ring, I'll upload it. I don't think this needs Aegis Deflectors or any more weapons.

The weapons all have normal stats, save for entended range so they can fire past the size of the "station."

I think someone in another part of the Forum wanted a bigger badder levithan type station. I hope this meets that standard.
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

then make a leviathan and scale it up..... not try something as idiotic as this
Last edited by XEALMOX on Sat Dec 20, 2008 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
LTfoxfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LTfoxfire »

I think you meant, idiotic. I do see the particle guns need some organization.

As far as making a bigger levithan, I did say levithan-type.

There is no replacing the original. :)
XEALMOX
One-Ban Limit

Post by XEALMOX »

can you read ?
thats what it says.

and a station should be well defendable.... not like this
you blast a few missiles in between the arms and boom you lost half your ship
"What is it your Borg friends say? Resistance is futile."
LTfoxfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LTfoxfire »

Nice try, but only after you edited the text. As if you didn't notice. :P

Not admitting your mistakes is a sign of a weak mind. I feel sorry for you that you have to shroud such a simple mistake.

And with point defenses with increased ranges, you better fire a whole lot of missiles.
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Meh, tis an improvement, but try making a few more ships before posting, read the shipmaking guides and for the love of he who I do not believe in, quit using those damn 26's.
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener." - Gamefaqs user

Ow.
I just dropped my keyboard on my head.
Ow. -Anna
LTfoxfire
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by LTfoxfire »

but try making a few more ships before posting
....I have.... How many are enough?

I’m only using three 26’s per arm. That’s excessive? I’ll remove the two lower ones. The puke color one stays.
osilus
Captain
Captain

Post by osilus »

Meh, I just have come to dislike that section.
"It was really great, stealing zombie Jesus's legendary Horse Wiener." - Gamefaqs user

Ow.
I just dropped my keyboard on my head.
Ow. -Anna
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

The center of the spiral looks just like my room: Messy and cluttered. Except i can't remember my room having such poor color too it. Basically, this ship is covered in weapon spam, random placement of sections, and overall ugliness. Some of the parts are shit-brown, and others are baby-puke green.
The rest is orange,red,and gray.

The spam makes it impossible to approach the core without dieing.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

LTfoxfire wrote:Nice try, but only after you edited the text. As if you didn't notice. :P

Not admitting your mistakes is a sign of a weak mind. I feel sorry for you that you have to shroud such a simple mistake.
The "Last edited by XEALMOX on Fri Dec 19, 2008 5:10 pm; edited 1 time in total" totally doesn't give anything away.

~~

I agree with the others that the colours are rather odd... the only other general issue I can see is the core showing through in the middle though.

osilus; nice job failing to properly argue a point, if you had one. :roll:
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ