Steel Legion

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

crazycatX27
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Steel Legion

Post by crazycatX27 »

Hi this is my first fleet
The URL links to a picture of the fleet

the steel legion are a group of cyborg mercenaries. They where originally created to defend the planet Estria but when Estria was destroyed in the war against the Magmites the Cyborgs of the steel legion left the war to fight as mercenaries.
Now the steel legion are on both the Estrian and the Magmite black lists as they have assassinated many key figures from both sides.
Steel legion fighters are powered by phazon, a highly radioactive substance that originates from the planet Phaaze. Phazon powered ships are far more energy efficient than traditional ships, however there is a risk that the crew could get Phazon Sickness- a disease where you go crazy and attack everything. note PED stands for Phazon enhancement device, which is a device that boosts weapons using phazon

http://i417.photobucket.com/albums/pp25 ... 1227298315

Steel Missile- a suicide missile that teleports close to a target before exploding
Dragon Fighter - it is small and agile, the dragon fighter has a central flamethrower which earned it its name.
Prospero fighter- another light fighter it has a central iron blaster which fires a high-temperature blob of iron into targets
Alpha fighter- the Prospero's predecessor, it has a laser cannon and a deflector shield
Javelin light destroyer- a destroyer that is basically a larger version of the prospero. It is armed with twin iron blasters and a turbolaser
Laser Destroyer- another destroyer that is used for stealth missions where the target must be destroyed quickly. It has a PED turbolaser and flamethrowers
Sword class destroyer- a destroyer that is often employed to attack bases as it has anti-armour missiles and a central power laser
Shuriken class destroyer- the command ships of the steel legion are wide ships called shurikens, they employ a variety of weapons to destroy targets. They are often seen at the head of steel lehion fleets as they are reliable and difficult to destroy

I would be gratefull for C&C :D

download (sorry you may have to search search steel legion on the uploads if you can't copy paste the link)
[/urlhttp://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforever/ship ... legion.zip
I'm the no. 1 student in the Maximegalon University of slowly and painfully working out the surprisingly obvious
crazycatX27
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crazycatX27 »

http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... legion.zip

Sorry this is the correct download, just copy paste it into your address bar and hit go :?
I'm the no. 1 student in the Maximegalon University of slowly and painfully working out the surprisingly obvious
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Erm. Well. Let's begin:

Your ships seem to get spammier as they get larger. The Shuriken uses lots of repetition, and in some areas it's rather obvious(even with the zoomed-out picture). The center/upper center are filled with repetition. You repeatedly use sections, like the connections for the wings. Also, you have inner ablative armor that is very repetitive. I can't see everything else very well, but from what i can see the ships are:

Plain.
Repetitive.
And somewhat small. You jump from a medium-small ship to a gigantic ship(in comparison).

The names of your ships are also very plain.

Edit:
crazycatX27 wrote:http://www.wyrdysm.com/battleshipsforev ... legion.zip

Sorry this is the correct download, just copy paste it into your address bar and hit go :?
There's an edit button. Please use it, it will take you virtually two seconds and it prevents you from double-posting.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

I see we're a Metroid fan. ^^
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Ingens Remus
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Ingens Remus »

Were there not so much repetition, the ships would be pretty cool.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Re: Steel Legion

Post by Magick »

crazycatX27 wrote: Steel legion fighters are powered by phazon, a highly radioactive substance that originates from the planet Phaaze. Phazon powered ships are far more energy efficient than traditional ships, however there is a risk that the crew could get Phazon Sickness- a disease where you go crazy and attack everything. note PED stands for Phazon enhancement device, which is a device that boosts weapons using phazon
T-002 wrote:I see we're a Metroid fan. ^^
No...What would make you think that? :lol:

Also, i think that if "Phaaze" got blown up, your fleet would be pretty screwed.
crazycatX27
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Post by crazycatX27 »

thanks for your advice :)
I will try to stop my future ships being so repetitive and I will try to think of less boring names
Also, i think that if "Phaaze" got blown up, your fleet would be pretty screwed
I thought that when Phaaze was destroyed all of the leviathans died but there was still some phazon left. I may be wrong of course.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

If "Phaaze" (god that's a stupid name) got blown up, then there would be left behind a massive debris field of "Phazon" (oh god that's an even dumber name). In reality, the destruction of the planet would actually make mining and collecting Phazon even easier. That is, unless you rammed Phaaze with a planet of equal size made out of anti-matter, in which case the whole lot would just explode gloriously... but that idea is so phenomenally retarded that it's barely worth mentioning. :lol:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Anna wrote:If "Phaaze" (god that's a stupid name) got blown up, then there would be left behind a massive debris field of "Phazon" (oh god that's an even dumber name). In reality, the destruction of the planet would actually make mining and collecting Phazon even easier.
Unless, of course, "Phaaze" is a liquid/forms (and must remain) under pressure/is unstable and undergoes nuclear decay in a vacuum/etc.

Hey, we're talking about a form of handwavium with a name from a really bad B-movie, might as well be creative :P.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Warrior of Anarchy
Commander
Commander

Post by Warrior of Anarchy »

Most of what i was going to say has already been said except this. Ships usually have names that match the ship. Shuriken are normally small but in this case its the biggest ship. Off Topic Shuriken literally means "Blade behind the hand"
ViTek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ViTek »

I downloaded your ships and I have one thing to say: Their point defense systems suck. Aralonia's Bismarck D can destroy it in seconds. Also, the thin points connecting the 2 arms are easily destroyed.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Aralonia's Bismarck D spams projectiles and is insanely overpowered compared to this level of balancing. Not exactly a good comparison. :?
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
ViTek
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by ViTek »

That is entirely true, although the point defense system is weak non the less.
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

@ViTek:
and once again, that is neither necessarialy, nor in this case truly, correct. Ships are balanced at the creators discretion. If they wish to balance it to something else, the more power to them. If they wish to make "ZOMFG wankship!!!111" then that's okay as well, (although there might be comments on it). I have seen ships with no point defense whatsoever, and some with so much that 1 on 1 neither ship would be able to touch the other. Please, PLEASE, don't tell people how they should arm their ships. Suggestions? fine. But people balance as they wish, and there is no set, "correct" armamament system. If people want faster fights, they put less pd/ deflectors. they want slower? they put more, or amp the hp, or any number of things. So PLEASE, stop commenting on ship balancing, or how yadada layout is inefficent. That never has been, and (except in tournaments, of course) probably never will be the goal of this forum. A 2 piece ship could blow up ANYTHING if its creator wanted it to.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

ArcaneDude wrote:Aralonia's Bismarck D spams projectiles and is insanely overpowered compared to this level of balancing. Not exactly a good comparison. :?
Exactly, AD. When he uses the Bismarck for balancing, he's Doing It Wrong. Everyone knows you balance your ships to this or stock!