Halo Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

Your wish is my command:

EDIT:: The colour is really messed up in the reference pic. I'm fairly certain that my colour scheme is pretty accurate. Also, have NONE of you here played Halo?
Arcalane wrote:Helps if we can actually see it. Nice work posting the thumbnail!
:oops:
Heh heh.... mea culpa.
Last edited by Killer on Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Helps if we can actually see it. Nice work posting the thumbnail!
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

Well, Halo 1's Covie cruiser was Purple, and most books describe the Covie ships as purple. However, all that went out of the window in H2-3, when the hulls were turned silver. So, the color is right, but it depends on which Halo game you're basing it on.
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

BizzarreCoyote wrote:Well, Halo 1's Covie cruiser was Purple, and most books describe the Covie ships as purple. However, all that went out of the window in H2-3, when the hulls were turned silver. So, the color is right, but it depends on which Halo game you're basing it on.
Well, having one solid colour wouldn't look good asthetically, so I merged the two. I might go back and add purple stripes along the edge.

But yeah, the colour is as accurate as it gets, due to the conflicting colours in the Halo universe.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Let me enlighten you, one solid color of the same hue is not good aesthetically, but varying the hue to achieve an illusion of 3D does look good from an aesthetic standpoint.

An example of what a good fanship should look.

This was made by AD (who, by the way, made the Guide to good fanship building). Thus credits go to him.

I suggest you closely follow what he has to say.

Oh and don't let this example prevent you from making your own version of the covenant cruiser.

Have a nice day...
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

O_O'
Wow.

Umm... mine isn't the covenant cruiser.... but.... how is it? Compared to the pic, I mean...

Again, WOW.

EDIT:: Is there any way that I can get that???
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well its not that we haven't played halo, its more likely that we played it, beat it, and forgot about most of the stuff in it. Even if we have a general idea of what a given ship looked like, it helps to be able to compare and even make one transparent and overlay it on yours to see what corrections you need to make. I personally like your ship but can't really comment on how accurate it is.
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

^^Mine's actually to scale :D
Compared to that amazing Cruiser, I mean.
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Stop posting thumbnails that aren't links for crying out loud. Link to the actual image via it. :|
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

BizzarreCoyote wrote:Well, Halo 1's Covie cruiser was Purple, and most books describe the Covie ships as purple. However, all that went out of the window in H2-3, when the hulls were turned silver. So, the color is right, but it depends on which Halo game you're basing it on.
The hulls were never turned silver, IIRC. They're purple, but they seem silver under certain light. Happens to the Plasma Rifles too. Hold it close to a fire and watch it miraculously change.

Of course, I'm not 100% sure.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

Arcalane wrote:Stop posting thumbnails that aren't links for crying out loud. Link to the actual image via it. :|
Uhhh... actually it's not a thumbnail... :?
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Killer wrote:O_O'
Wow.

Umm... mine isn't the covenant cruiser.... but.... how is it? Compared to the pic, I mean...

Again, WOW.

EDIT:: Is there any way that I can get that???
Simple answer. You DL it. It's somewhere in the shipbuilding forum, I think page three or four.

Even when you're using that picture, it's not a refpic. A reference picture is a top down view. Always. If you can't find a top down view, which is the fact in this case, you draw your own reference picture based upon other views, albeit a sketch in pencil or a schematic in MSpaint, it's still a top down view.

I believe, however, that I made a top down drawing of this ship a few months ago. I'll post up the picture, and you can use that if you want to rebuild it.

I must say however that I'm know strongly urged to finally finish that assault carrier I started... a month ago. Not a bad try on the frigate, but do remember to use a top down view. Your work will greatly benefit from it.

EDIT; bizarrecoyote; They were never silver. It's just the light that makes them shine silvery.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
BizzarreCoyote
Commander
Commander

Post by BizzarreCoyote »

ArcaneDude wrote: EDIT; bizarrecoyote; They were never silver. It's just the light that makes them shine silvery.
Ah, my bad.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

ArcaneDude wrote: EDIT; bizarrecoyote; They were never silver. It's just the light that makes them shine silvery.
We would know. We saw them, man. ^^ It was so romantic...
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
Killer
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Killer »

AD, would you mind if I mooched the CCS Cruiser off of you and slapped on my laser turrets? All credit, of course, would go to you. It's just that I'm planning on making a Fall of Reach scenario (playable from both sides) and I would like for the Covenant fleet to have the same weapons (and, no offense, I prefer how mine look).

Also, I'm going to add my shielding system on it (*shudder*).

I better get started :cry:
EDIT:: Yay! Halfway done!

EDIT::
Also, click the smiley:
:D