Makaan`s first attempt at asymmetry

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Makaan`s first attempt at asymmetry

Post by MDmakaan »

Pure fail!

DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Not that bad, but it could do without the bow section nineteen, the spikes mess up the outline, or ad another piece, and then the nineteen, to hide the spikes.. And as well, you might want to play around with the section ten's depth, or replace it as well.

An interesting experiment, worlds better than my first asymmetrical ship. With a little bit of polishing up, it may not be that bad.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Swamp Fox
Captain
Captain

Post by Swamp Fox »

IRC wrote:<EriErin> Apparent part jumble on the left side
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> Mmm...... Jumbled and the curve of 9s bugs me. That's all I really think.
<Darkship> accuse not curves made of section 9s!
<EriErin> Curve of 9 is really bad, but might be excused
<MC> He was right about one thing though
<MC> IMO that's pure fail.
<Darkship> for i have examples of good section 9 curves
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> But it's not smooooooooooth. ={
<MC> Your own, most likely.
<EriErin> ...also, the colors, the COLORS
<EriErin> Or lack thereof
<MC> It seems like he was merely throwing sections together to find a good shape.
* AD (~ArcaneDud@BF4FB129.B3AFDDFC.D78CDA3A.IP) has joined #BSFCE
<EriErin> Exactly
<MC> I don't think that alien section was warranted.
<Darkship> I think his concept can be improved on, but its just MDmakaan sucks at making ships
<MC> Exactly.
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> XD, DS, it's just me OCD. The fact that the curve is lacks smoothness bugs me.
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> *my
<EriErin> I'm not sure it would look any better with colors, especially with the secjumble and all.
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> *curve lacks
<MC> He'd be better off making penisbricks.
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> i just noticed the 24s at the back.
<EriErin> Penisbricks are like, sci-fi ship designer's best friend
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> =|
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> And yes Erin. Yes they are.
<EriErin> ...also, off-center 23 is off-center and shoddy.
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> Welcome AD.
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3109 Thoughts?
<Swamp_Fox_ALPHA> ......... I really need something to do on Sundays.
<Arcalane> 23?
<AD> He's right. It is pure fail.
<Arcalane> ah
<Arcalane> yeah
<AD> No color variation, it's internals are a mess, shoddy section placement...I could go on.
Here's your criticism, hope it helps.
"Okay. I'm gonna get your money for ya. But if you don't get the President of the United States on that phone, you know what's gonna happen to you?"
"What?!"
"You're gonna have to answer to the Coca Cola company."
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Swamp Fox wrote:<snip>
Here's your criticism, hope it helps.
Don't take this to heart too much. Try something different for a change, like making a penisbrick as I suggested. You'll eventually find your calling in a certain shipmaking style, I'm sure. But still keep in mind what we've said.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

Man, im happy im not on the IRC, theres a lot of bullshit talk as far as i can see.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Oh shiiiit I think he's calling you guys ouuut. :P
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

MDmakaan wrote:Man, im happy im not on the IRC, theres a lot of bullshit talk as far as i can see.
Cry some more. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

MDmakaan wrote:Man, im happy im not on the IRC, theres a lot of bullshit talk as far as i can see.
Man I'm happy I'm not you, personally I'd listen to that bullshit because I have to.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

I think the main problem with it is that it just looks like an unfinished symmetrical ship, like you just cut a chunk off one side. The 9's look alright to me, but you may want to make them curve once rather then try and have them curve back again. Add color variation and whatnot but really work on just the shape, make both sides unique and interesting rather then just looking half a full ship and its deformed conjoined twin
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/Noctis888/SMframe0001-5.gif
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

personally, i don't care about sectional placement when it comes to ship designs, i care about the design itself. technique always improves anyways the more a person practices; that said, i think the ship design itself is intruiging, almost Breen like in appearance. perhaps if you rehashed the design a few times (just make it over and over again) and add little tweaks here and there each time you did, you would be able to produce a unique style?
MDmakaan
Account Inactive

Post by MDmakaan »

Master Chief
Man I'm happy I'm not you, personally I'd listen to that bullshit because I have to
Dude, shipbuilding isnt my life you nolifer, you are the worst torn in this forum for me at the moment.

Even if i suck in shipbuilding, i don't fucking care what people think about my ships if i don't mean to show they are perfected.
*Total fail! hes right!*
What can i learn from that? nothing you tard!

I hated this forum from the very beginning, but i don't give up like some emokid and cry in the corner.

This ship was just a try from shape, not colors nor details, or you guys are too stupid to notice that.

About my heart, i am heartless, proved that when that fucking sister of mine got a disc in her eyes after she annoyed me all day long, so shut up about my heart.

If you are asking for a flame war, lets avoid it, becuase people don't like that.
But don't think im some kind of emokid who can't do anything!

said enough.

If Anna is looking/listening/reading, i don't fucking care that you guys have serious english grammar advantage, so don't try to look superior with it!
People can understand my english, THATS ALL.

I can't help that you guys are going with the 5 of you, againts someone ALONE, trying to insult and try to get my spirit down in some way.
Its not working, ban me, i don't care, i hate this forum anyway.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Actually, that was intended as five people giving their opinion about something. It was never intended as critisizm or a valid comment in the first place. You want critisizm? Fine. The section placement is fairly shoddy, and some of the centerline pieces are off-center. When you fix that, it'll look better. Second, the sec. 09 curve lacks in smoothness, it needs tweaking. Third, try some color variation. Fourth, stop being a stuck up whiner that takes everything personal. End of discussion.

Everyone else; no bashing. And I mean absolutely none.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush