[Fan Ship] Imperial II Star Destroyer (download included)

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Noctis
Captain
Captain

Post by Noctis »

Tested it. its quite a paradox. Felt like fighting a wall, ie something big and tough that doesn't fight back.

seems to be some weird parenting due to how it fell apart along with a weird health/attack ratio. It never actually seemed to fire back...

Also, Mine is a guardian ship from a race of super advanced aliens, hence its massive beam cannon, but even it doesn't anywhere close to that much health.

TL;DR
more firepower less health.
but it looks good
Last edited by Noctis on Sat Nov 01, 2008 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://i467.photobucket.com/albums/rr40/Noctis888/SMframe0001-5.gif
TormakSaber
Commodore
Commodore

Post by TormakSaber »

It's quite good, but I freely admit Novercalis spoiled me long ago with his SSD's.
Jafo
Captain
Captain

Post by Jafo »

Some major parenting issues :

The nose after taking an outside shot that did damage (floating sections and weapons)...

After taking damage to the right-rear, this gap appeared and no interior shot had taken place...

Core at end of life, floating item...
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

There are indeed a few parenting issues because I also took off part of the side from hitting one spot. You might have to sacrifice looks for effect and use one of the weapons as blasters because otherwise its quite uncomfortable to play.

I'd also add some demeters to be tie fighters and you could even use the beams to make tractor beams. They did it in the custom weapons thread. And 25k life is a bit high but don't get me wrong, this ship is epic and with a few modifications I would love playing with it.
Deltaflyer
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Deltaflyer »

It is good but the repetitiveness on the outer most layer kills it for me.
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

hmm those parenting errors shouldnt be there :) ill go back and clean it up, and as for the weapony, as i have stated previously, its particle cannons, you can't actually fight the AI version since it won't fire back, you will have to use it yourself and fight your own ships as AI since you have to make the interceptors offensive plus the ship was balanced against the Nautilus so...25k health was the absolute minimum to stand any chance in hell
Grenville
Commander
Commander

Post by Grenville »

Veronw wrote:hmm those parenting errors shouldnt be there :) ill go back and clean it up, and as for the weapony, as i have stated previously, its particle cannons, you can't actually fight the AI version since it won't fire back, you will have to use it yourself and fight your own ships as AI since you have to make the interceptors offensive plus the ship was balanced against the Nautilus so...25k health was the absolute minimum to stand any chance in hell
Whats the point of downloading your ship if we have to play as it against our own ships instead of fighting against it with our own ships. I don't download other peoples ships to play as them, i want to play against them.

There are several weapons that you can mod to make them work similar to particle guns and have them work offensively....so mod some ?

Also for a ship with so much HP its weapons do almost no real damage. I put my ship right next to it, turned off the interceptors and just let yours fire on mine.

It could not get through the shields so i made all of my emitters target a section not being fired on and just let your weapons fire on my unshielded armor.....still nothing....my ship's HP is set to only 5000 and none of the sections including the ablatives have modded HP.

My three unmodded nano repair units kept my armor alive with no issues.

So in conclusion.....i had no fun fighting your ship.
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

oh well, see, ive tried modding some other weapons to produce the same effect, but particles by far are the most successful looking weapons, and unless you happen to have a trick up ur sleeve that produces the same effect, its staying that way

and concerning the weapons, it fought against ADs Nautilus and took off the wings before it died, so, don't know what to tell you
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Um, I've been able to get blasters to appear somewhat similar to particle guns before(with surfaces turned off, they come out much better).

You can shrink them, increase the speed to three or four hundred percent, then set the deviation to zero, then fiddle around with the burst and clipsize settings to your liking.
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

the tails at the end kind of make them seem odd, but ill try that on the mon cal im making atm
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Veronw wrote:magick, please read the title, its a fan ship, imperial star destroyer, google it.
I know that. What i meant by that was, it looked like he was making something else that looked vaguely like an ISD, then said,"Fuck it!" and filled it with sections and outlined certain areas.
T Rex
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by T Rex »

Not a big fan of fanships (no pun intended), but I will say that you maybe need to try to rework the innards and lighten the colors up a bit. that will make loads of improvement. keep up the good work :wink:
As the dawn calmly rises, the smooth metal glimmers. Forty ships of the fleet slip by with smooth ease. The ominous planet below them is soon to witness the largest battle in galactic history
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

Pulse guns with 0 deviation, fire rate 1 and clip 3-6 make good Turbolasers, as do width-shrunk Blasters.

Ship's decent. Not perfect, but not a mockery.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Veronw
Commander
Commander

Post by Veronw »

thanks, trying out a bunch of different weapons inbetween trying to make the mon cal, damn things are hard 0.o
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

Well regardless of the innards needing work, you got the outlined sections pretty much exact from what I can tell so good job.

My friend was watching me play the other day and was intrigued but not much impressed with the ships themselves until I showed him Anna's thread. At that point he was not only very impressed, he demanded a Mon Cal cruiser...So I'm depending on you lol