The Ships of Seraphim Industries - Last Updated 12/23/07

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Oh.... ooh.... oooooh.... ahhh... ahh..... Ooohhhhhh

*shudder in aftermath*

that is the single fucking best picture I've seen in BSF.

How do you get that wavy effect from the weasels?
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Deviation controls by how much the weasel will deviate from it's straight line.
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Hrm... I thought the wavy-effect was the way weasels normally looked. Either way, here's the stats of those weasel-guns, so you may replicate them.

Fire Rate: 1
Clip Size: 60
Reload: 60
Damage: 1 (Or higher, if you prefer)
Shot Deviation: 1 (This might be the cause of the wavy-ness)
Turn Speed: 2
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
The Boz
Captain
Captain

Post by The Boz »

Far as I understand it, they always weave around, and deviation(or turning? Or one of the digits of turning?) controls by how much...
MAKE LOVE, NOT SPAM!
Anna

Post by Anna »

The Boz wrote:Far as I understand it, they always weave around, and deviation(or turning? Or one of the digits of turning?) controls by how much...
It's probably deviation... I wonder how a Weasel with a Deviation of 10 would look... I'll have to find out.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Bluhman
Commander
Commander

Post by Bluhman »

Himura.Kenshin wrote: that is the single fucking best picture I've seen in BSF.
It's cool, though I'd personally nominate this.

(Eh, sorry. Just a spur of the moment. :wink:)

And yeah, the weasels are naturally wavy.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Another new ship. This one isn't a Seraphim Industries design. Indeed, it predates them. This ship is of alien origin, and was found buried several kilometres beneath crust of the planet now known as Eltara VI. It was from the technology found on this abandoned vessel that Seraphim Industries was able to make leaps and bounds in terms of star-ship creation. However, most of its more powerful technology still cannot be reverse-engineered, including its incredibly strong armour.

Despite being the size of Dreadnaught sized ships, Seraphim Industries researchers, after translating some of the archives on the ship's computers, believe this to be the Alien equivalent of a Cruiser. Seraphim Industries still keeps this ship, though it is rarely sent out on missions, due to its rarity, and the fact that a large number of its components are presently inactive.

Download the Alien Cruiser.
Quality Control Enforcer
Giles
Commander
Commander

Post by Giles »

How the hell do you build such beautiful ships? :P
TranquilRage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TranquilRage »

Make them really REALLY big. It opens up lots of opportunities for frills.
Giles
Commander
Commander

Post by Giles »

Quick question, do you build your ships with a plan in mind, or do you just throw random bits together? When I build, I just start throwing parts together. :P
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Anna wrote:I said my ships were over-powered. I didn't say they were completely and utterly broken. :P
If it makes you feel any better, I made the Annihilator totally for kicks. It wasn't meant to be serious or anything.

The weapon is a range 2000, damage 100000, reload 19, shot deviation 0 micro beam. ;)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Anna

Post by Anna »

Giles wrote:Quick question, do you build your ships with a plan in mind, or do you just throw random bits together? When I build, I just start throwing parts together. :P
Sometimes, I plot out a sort of vague plan of what I want to make in my mind, and see where I can go with it. Other times, like with the Alien Cruiser, I kind of just start putting pieces together, and I end up with something that I actually find to be quite beautiful, in a strange sort of way...

If that makes any sense at all. :lol:

Fun fact: Loading two Alien Cruisers to fight one another eventually slowed my framerate down to 1-3 frames PER MINUTE. :lol: I ended up having to Ctrl+Alt+Del and forcefully close the game, because the lag was so horrible. I thought my computer might start to melt.
Arcalane wrote:If it makes you feel any better, I made the Annihilator totally for kicks. It wasn't meant to be serious or anything.

The weapon is a range 2000, damage 100000, reload 19, shot deviation 0 micro beam. ;)
I sort of figured as much. I've made ships like that myself, just for kicks. :lol: "Sir, there's a ship approaching. Little more than an oversized fighter. It seems to be charging weapons." "Is that all? Just shoot it dow-" *BOOM* "What the hell was that!?" "The ship being bisected by a laser beam." "Balls."

Yeah, I just like throwing in random dialogue when I do it, too. :D
Last edited by Anna on Thu Nov 08, 2007 11:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Quality Control Enforcer
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Bluhman wrote:Image
If nothing else, it'd certainly win the Trippiest BSF Screenshot of the <Insert Time Period of Choice Here> Award. ;)
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

Bluhman wrote:
Himura.Kenshin wrote: that is the single fucking best picture I've seen in BSF.
It's cool, though I'd personally nominate this.

(Eh, sorry. Just a spur of the moment. :wink:)

And yeah, the weasels are naturally wavy.
Provide links to the ships? =D

Although I would never be able to do that... it would slow down to about two frames an hour and eventually freeze =\.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Normandy
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Normandy »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:Although I would never be able to do that... it would slow down to about two frames an hour and eventually freeze =\.
So true... But that's an awesome effect nonetheless!
[url=http://www.fallingsandgame.com/][img]http://www.gaussianstudios.co.cc/hosting/fsgbanneram3.png[/img][/url]

tl;dr-ers will be shot on sight.
[size=75][url=http://bsf.wikidot.com/]BSF Wiki[/url]
"I have measured your 'fun', and science has quantitatively rated it a three." ~Lord Tim (Data Realms Fan Forums)[/size]