Lizzie's Ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Aralonia wrote:Anything that takes apart a default ship in less than 5 seconds without taking a hit is overpowered IMO.
Well that's just your opinion, isn't it? It certainly has no basis in fact, as not everyone gives a crap about balancing their ships against the stock ships.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Anna wrote:
Aralonia wrote:Anything that takes apart a default ship in less than 5 seconds without taking a hit is overpowered IMO.
Well that's just your opinion, isn't it? It certainly has no basis in fact, as not everyone gives a crap about balancing their ships against the stock ships.
And that is your opinion.
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

Why the hell are you so irritable?
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Post by Aralonia »

Anna wrote:
Do I have to get hit by semantics every time I walk into this forum? "Anything that blasts a hole through a Hestia in less than 1 second without taking any damage and is capable of shooting down one rocket launched every ten frames and can withstand damage from a 1000 damage/frame continuous wave beamer is overpowered". And that has basis in fact because really, it makes sense--

Never mind.
Anna

Post by Anna »

I'm not irritable. It's a common misconception that just because I swear, I'm irritable. I am simply responding to stupid comments that have no basis in reality. Claiming a ship is overpowered simply because it's not balanced against the standard ones is ONLY a matter of opinion.

So no, Anarki, what I said was not opinion. It's fact. Some people don't care about balancing their ships against the stock ones. A large number of people don't, in fact.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Cerebrus
Captain
Captain

Post by Cerebrus »

You didn't swear, you snapped at him for having an opinion and making it known.
Anna

Post by Anna »

Cerebrus wrote:You didn't swear, you snapped at him for having an opinion and making it known.
A bloo bloo bloo. I didn't snap. I simply took something he said, and made a counter-argument.
Aralonia wrote:"Anything that blasts a hole through a Hestia in less than 1 second without taking any damage and is capable of shooting down one rocket launched every ten frames and can withstand damage from a 1000 damage/frame continuous wave beamer is overpowered"
If all of that is true of a ship, then calling it overpowered is probably something of an understatement anyway. :lol: I'm not trying to start arguments, I'm just sick of people like Anarki popping into threads and saying "Wah wah, it's overpowared", when a large number of people don't care about making their ships balanced against the stock varieties.

Anyway, I'll stop this now, because if I keep it up I'll start an even bigger argument.
Quality Control Enforcer
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

I am not going to respond, because this is not the time nor the place for an argument.

YOUTUBE VIDEO PL0X OF FIGHT :O
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

What did you guys do to this topic? >_>

That ship makes me think of the Battlestar Galactica on crack. Not sure what else to think about it, heh.
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

Ixranin wrote:That ship makes me think of the Battlestar Galactica on crack. Not sure what else to think about it, heh.
But it's an awesome Battlestar Galactica on crack. Probly still get eaten by my Claymore or Waverider II. Hell, maybe a Scalpel might take it, or the Mk 1 Swallow.

Don't even think of trying my Death Blossom, Post-Dated Check Loan, or Hypercube on it! :lol:
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

That ship makes me think of the Battlestar Galactica on crack. Not sure what else to think about it, heh.
Bingo, I love that show. But thats not the main reason I use that design.

The reason is that it has a very small target profile from the front.
Himura.Kenshin
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Himura.Kenshin »

I SPY A FELLOW WC3 PLAYER =P

And who's Kacen? ^.^

Oh wait, the main focus was the ship, wasn't it? Yeah, umm... great ship =P Wayyyy too much health though.
Warcraft III (U.S. East) -~-~- [( Aequinox / DACI-Equinox / Equinox]4[Lyfe )]
XBox 360 LIVE (Mostly CoD:WaW) -~-~- [( EquinoxXenom )]

[quote="Wyrdysm Games"][i]Stop quoting the line above in your sigs![/i][/quote]
Anarki
BANNED

Post by Anarki »

Himura.Kenshin wrote:I SPY A FELLOW WC3 PLAYER =P
zomg

Bet ya this is the kind of person who installs it and never plays it >.>
Kazuael
Captain
Captain

Post by Kazuael »

Does anyone besides me think that the new BSG spinoff series is going to be silly? I'm sad that we don't get more of the main story arc =(.
TranquilRage
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by TranquilRage »

All this flaming is getting silly. There is only one communal and universally available resource for measuring the power of a vessel, and that's the canon ships. When people talk about a ship being over powered and don't define a context or a context isn't implied by the thread (aka the tournies), that's the only context they could be talking about. Any other form or context of "balancing" would need to be defined, as indeed happened after this was pointed out. However Anarki's comment was made before that and thus wasn't stupid or out of place. Just as his first comment, whilst tactless, was accurate in the only context that could apply.

Additionally a lot of people on the forum used "over powered" (and occasionaly "wank") to mean "over powered compared to the core ships" for the reasons mentioned above, before you joined the forums. Please don't flame them for using forum jargon just because you arnt clued in.

Brains before Flames please.