HighComedy's new ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Re: HighComedy's new ships

Post by jwa8402 »

HighComedy wrote: this.
*is sad for not being able to play with this*
Welcome, back, I suppose!
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Halfway done.
I redesigned the front to make it look less jumbled.
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Oh man, that looks fucking awesome. And it's only half-way done you say? Damn. You've been practicing in your absence, haven't you? I mean, you were good before, but this is fan-freakin-tastic. Try as I might, I can't really spot anything that's objectively wrong with it. It just looks so damn cool. :lol:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Damn those engines look awesome.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Chuck
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Post by Chuck »

Anna wrote:Oh man, that looks fucking awesome. And it's only half-way done you say? Damn. You've been practicing in your absence, haven't you? I mean, you were good before, but this is fan-freakin-tastic. Try as I might, I can't really spot anything that's objectively wrong with it. It just looks so damn cool. :lol:
It could be just me, but this is what i picked out...

the 22 and 2's next to the tachyon don't mesh well, the 22 on the back wing is massively overstrechted the number 3s at the front look overstretched and gangly, the ship looks very fragile and 'thin' due to the 16's being spammed over the front half of the ship creating lots of gaps (although this may just be the style your looking for). That being said the back looks awesome, just not a fan of the front :P
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Chuck wrote:the 22 and 2's next to the tachyon don't mesh well, the 22 on the back wing is massively overstrechted the number 3s at the front look overstretched and gangly, the ship looks very fragile and 'thin' due to the 16's being spammed over the front half of the ship creating lots of gaps (although this may just be the style your looking for). That being said the back looks awesome, just not a fan of the front :P
I said objectively wrong with it. That large majority of the points you raised are entirely subjective, regarding style as opposed to quality and technique. I disagree with most of the points you made, personally.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Nitpicks of my own: The two consecutive section 16s towards the front look ugly side by side, somehow. And the rear (the section 22s on the sidepods and the 17s next to the engines) somehow just seems a little sloppily done, especially so when compared to the detail and intricacy of the frontal sections. The overall feel of the ship also isn't consistent enough - the front and back looks damn terran-brutalist, while the centre doesn't really achieve that flavour. All that being said, an excellently constructed ship, and I just love those engines. And Master Chief being Master Chief, you know, it could be just him.

If it's half-done then quickly finish it! Welcome back, HC, and looking forward to more stuff from you. :D
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

HighComedy wrote:Halfway done.
I redesigned the front to make it look less jumbled.
THAT. Is cool. Really, good job in using new weapons techniques, your period of absence doesn't show. I can't find anything inherently wrong with it, though the aft missile pods could use a weapon mount, IMO
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Squishy
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by Squishy »

Got that yellow understructure / gray over-structure going on huh? Very nice.

Oh, and glad to see you're back.
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

I like the front. It's very Transformer-ish.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

I really have been away all this time. I didn't say I haven't been scouring the forums for the last few days, though. :P

And so here it is. The Voltaire II, alongside the Voltaire I, the first big ship I have ever built.
I didn't notice that the Voltaire II was slightly smaller than its predecessor until I loaded up both ships for comparison. It can definitely kick its predecessor's ancient ass, though.

Alas, I just like my ships baroque and full of gaps these days.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Baroque is definitely the word we're looking for here. Transformer-ish as well, as T-002 said. The whole front prongs look like they could go sliding and shifting over the 16's, as if they were rails.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

ArcaneDude wrote:Baroque is definitely the word we're looking for here. Transformer-ish as well, as T-002 said. The whole front prongs look like they could go sliding and shifting over the 16's, as if they were rails.
These are the times I wish for mobile parts and custom sounds.

Do dreams ever come true?

Do they?
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

New ship, first time using doodads ever:
The El Alamein class Light Cruiser. Weapon and module loadout still pending.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

And here is the completed version:
HCTech's El-Alamein class Prototype Cruiser shares very few features with the previous generations of HCTech warships. The class is designated as 'Prototype' because it is built to test the waters of an interstellar market that has grown almost beyond recognition - HCTech hadn't been in the business of building starships for a long time.