HighComedy's new ships

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

HighComedy
Commander
Commander

HighComedy's new ships

Post by HighComedy »

Damn, how long has it been since I last posted here? Has my name finally passed into total obscurity? :P Oh well, I caught the itch to build ships again, so I downloaded myself a new version of BF. All these brand new color and doodad things are going to take some getting use to. It's good to see lots of old faces and new cool ships too.

Well, I'm warming back up after almost a year of absence. Here's my first exercise:
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

Oh hell yeah! Welcome back HighComedy. Other may have forgotten you, but I sure haaven't. It's good to see you back, and building ships again, no less. The new ship looks fairly interesting. I'm curious to see the sort of things you'll be making with all the new features available. :D
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF
Commander
Commander

Re: HighComedy's new ships

Post by BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF »

HighComedy wrote:Damn, how long has it been since I last posted here? Has my name finally passed into total obscurity?
Who the hell are you? :P
Improving quality of life since 1955.
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

Thanks for the welcome! I'm glad that there's a stable version of Shipmaker 3.0 to play around with, mainly. I haven't even started looking at the weapon customization stuff yet. It's lucky I even remember the hotkeys for the SM. :D
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Re: HighComedy's new ships

Post by HighComedy »

BlkRdgPharmPRSTAFF wrote:Who the hell are you? :P
I fell off the forum half a year before you joined up, so that's an entirely valid question.

I am probably best known as the guy who was responsible for this.
Lizzie
Admiral
Admiral

Post by Lizzie »

I hope you intend to finish the front on that.
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

Well welcome back HC! Wow, it's cool to see some old faces returning all fo a sudden, Danny, and then you! Much looking forward to seeing new ships and community contributions from you. :mrgreen:

As for the ship, I really like some of the section usage, it's a nice style. As Lizzie said, the front needs work but overall it's a great ship to return with.

And you know when someone's a true veteran when they use the term 'BF' instead of BSF. :P
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

Despite returning from the pits of the unknown, the ships you build are still awesome!.

Welcome back HighComedy.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Danny420Dale
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Danny420Dale »

W00h00! HighComedy's back! :twisted:
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Comeback Combo? :roll:
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
T-002
Rear Admiral
Rear Admiral

Post by T-002 »

OM NOM NOM

God fuck yes.
[THIS SPACE FOR RENT]
HighComedy
Commander
Commander

Post by HighComedy »

The hull is done. The green ring is the only section which is set to the default color - I'm not sure if this will work as I expect and indicate player ownership.

Feedback?
ChaosTheory
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by ChaosTheory »

EPIC WIN.

Oh wait, you wanted crit on the ship? My bad.

. . .

Somehow you managed to get a repetitive, jumbled bunch of pieces to look pretty good on the front, good show. My only problems are A) the floating wings and B) the blocky stretched sections around the core.
[img]http://i307.photobucket.com/albums/nn298/ChaosTheory100/Feather_Signature_Ice3.png[/img]
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

Maybe some sixteens to fix the "wings" perhaps, but all in all a very nice ship. Now, all that we demand of your soul is to arm it, and spread it upon the hearth of the masses, so that all who may revile it be soundly thrashed, and all whom adore be rewarded for their faith. Image
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

very nice. personally, i like the "Wings", but i agree they could be better.