LG's Various stuff, new ships in the tread

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

or just drop those two sections you added on to the backswept wings...
let me rephrase that...
GET RID OF THOSE TWO SECTIONS. *ahem*
much better work on the gonirb (hardlyharhar)
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

I'm afraid that I can't simply remove them but flip them is also making a nice back I guess
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
lightstriker
Commodore
Commodore

Post by lightstriker »

thats better.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

thank you.
here's my next project. I don't know where it's heading yet but I think it's heading the right way.

something nonpleasing? also what armament would you suguest? I was thinking of some blasters on the front as main weapons (see what I kan make look cool) and then some beams at the circles onthe sides with 270°
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Salvofire
Commander
Commander

Post by Salvofire »

Don't know if I'm liking the latest one at all. It's just not very pleasing to the eye. You know, it's one of those things you just have to learn with practice.

I like where you were going with that earlier ship with the back swept wings. A stealth bomber looking ship would be really cool me thinks.

Maybe something that would help you would be 'theme' ships. It seems like that helped me when I started building ships. Just try something like making a lot of curvy ships. Then some blocky looking ones, just experiment and we'll tell you what we think.
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

It looks backwards. as in, the front should be the back and the back should be the front.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

make the two cannon thingys in the front look nicer and less like engines and you will have a nice frigate looking ship.
LunarWind
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade

Your Ships, ofcourse.

Post by LunarWind »

So far I really like the first set of dueling fleets. The two different teams. The second versions of them (with the themed names attached) are totally awesome. I've always had fun trying to match up two opposing "mini" fleets. As for the larger ones, I've liked almost all of them. The original Brinog looked good. The later version looked great. The two seperate ships out of one, looks absolutely amazing. I'm certainly impressed with your ability to take feedback and remake your ships so well. As for the latest one, I like its look. The idea of having two frontal gun pods is cool. I especially like the way that it looks like there are rings around the front. The way the coloring gives the illusion of depth and whatnot.

In summary, keep up the good work!

*edit* I went back and looked at that latest design some more. I have to say, the use of overlapping sections on the front part is truly inspiring.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

yeah I might try that temed fleet thing out later but I don't really have good ideas. Brinog and Gonirb are two single ships that lay waste to other fleets. I like to think about them as two pirate ships (uniques) and the captains are brothers or something. if you see one of them you know that the other one is close. Oh I also had forgotten to upload them until now, if you like to test them out. I'll do this but later.

*edit here are brinog&Gonirb for download

to this new ship of mine: well I've had a hard time making the front and also wasn't really liking how it got so I just removed one of the front thingys and changed other minor stuff. however it's armed now and ready to kick som ass from far away (best for attacking stationary stuff as it shots really slow)

Download the Hulerces