The New Order and G.U.P. Fleets

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

xphoenix87
Commander
Commander

Post by xphoenix87 »

I really like the headquarters. It's very simple, and that's not a bad thing. It does a good job conveying depth, and the shape is nice. The only qualm I might have is with the point beam placement, I think you might be able to find a better place for them since they look a bit strange where they currently are. You've also got a small gap on the point of the left branch that you might want to fix.
[b][color=indigo][size=184]The Do'Rylus Armada[/size][/color][/b]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2501][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/xphoenix87/BFscreen0107-1-2-1.jpg[/img][/url]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Hello again, just another update. I decided to do some work on the death gaze and get rid of that outer shell of section 4s. I also decreased the size of many of the parts that were stretched and changed the colours of many of the sections.

I also thanks phoenix for the help on the headquarters, i changed the location of the point beams and placed them over the demeters which now don't shoot anything and are there just for show 8)

C&C appreciated.
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

The Demeter underlay for your PBs is seriously something which I would like to rip off. Do you mind?
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Master Chief wrote:The Demeter underlay for your PBs is seriously something which I would like to rip off. Do you mind?
He didn't do it first. :P
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

Arcalane wrote:He didn't do it first. :P
He's the first one who've I noticed doing that. Now I've also spotted Droid. Heck, I don't care, I'm using it.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Droid
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Droid »

I took it from AD's RA ships, donno if that's where they originated.
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

Njet, I saw it on someone else's ships first. I can't remember who, though.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Come on people lets get back to the topic at hand :roll:

What do you think of my ships and the changes I made to them?
Venator
Captain
Captain

Post by Venator »

You know, I'm sorry I didn't comment here before; I've been following this thread from page one, but mainly in Lurk Mode till I realized I might as well actually share criticism/comments...

... unless everyone on the board is a long-distance telepath anyway, but I digress.

I really like what you've done; some fairly common techniques ("teeth" on forward mandibles being the most obvious), but also with your own style.

My biggest issue is the GUP vessel; there's a lot of beam (width) for the hull length, giving a somewhat brickish feel to some of them. That said, this gives them a distinctive feel, too.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2921][img]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c348/DraTuicichNovae/AESig.png[/img][/url]
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Thanks for the comments Venator, It looks like my fleets are finally starting to get more comments from different members especially veteran builders such as yourself :)

As for the beam weapon comment I think I'll keep them as they are because as you said it gives them a distinctive look.

And also I have another update.
Ive been working on the shipyard lately and have come up with a sort of mobile shipyard concept. It still needs some work but ill post it anyway.

The weapons are done but the pegs that stick out are the only things that might need some work.

C&C please and thank you.
(and also ill be moving all the GUP ships as well as the updated versions on the first page with the New Order fleet.)
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Update!

Galactic data bank is up for the New Order

http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic ... 0577#70577

Ill also eventually put the G.U.P. faction in there as well.
Blackhart
Captain
Captain

Post by Blackhart »

Well heres another update...
Since no one has gave any C&C on my mobile shipyard I went ahead and finished it.

And since I'm now done the shipyard and have done fixing most of my G.U.P. ships I have continued construction on a new fleet I was previously working on.