The Conformative

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Magick
Captain
Captain

The Conformative

Post by Magick »

"Have i ever told you how the IGMG's headquarters fell?"
The retired mercenary said to the impressionable kid.
"No....How"
"Let's see....Ah yes, here we are"
The man takes a strange, old holo-projector out and the message contained within plays.

It started with the coming of the Swarm, harbingers of doom, laying waste to the worlds that the IGMG held. They were heartless, merciless creatures, who destroyed whatever wasn't a part of them. They consumed planet after planet, destroying the planets that they could not live on. There was only one ship in their fleet that could handle such a task: The Galaxy Class Dreadnought. It fired a sickly green laser straight through the planet, as though it were made of feathers. The explosion that came from the splitting of the core ended the planet, turning it into a lifeless asteroid field.
Eventually the ship's scanners discovered the homeworld of the IGMG, sending their entire fleet to take the planet.To their credit, they put up a valiant fight, but in the end, nothing they had could get threw the armor of the Galaxy, and the ship inched closer and closer, preparing it's reactors for what was to come.

As the Galaxy reached the correct distance, the barrel glowed a sickly green color. But as it was about to fire, a ship appeared out of nowhere.
It was a drab, nearly colorless ship. The only color it had were the pale green pieces that jutted out in areas. The Swarm, attempting to demolish the ship, must have been surprised when their planet-destroying beam could not pierce the powerful vessel. Then more began to warp in, and many of them were focused on the Galaxy. It's ablative armor was melting off fast, and it could not turn fast enough to hit the ships. Thus, the Galaxy was destroyed, and it's quickly melting wreck fell, to smash against the planet below.

When the Swarm fleet was dispatched, they contacted our headquarters. They introduced themselves as the Conformative, and then they told us that we were no longer welcome in this universe, and they opened fire, destroying half of our fleet before the commander, minutes later,ordered a full retreat. All of the ships warped out to random vectors, and as i looked out the back porthole of the ship, i watched as the IGMG Starbase fell to the powerful lasers.

We never went back to Sigil, leaving it as a reminder that we were not alone in the universe.

SHIPS

Conformative Runesmasher
The first Conformative ship ever spotted, the Runesmasher carries an atom smasher beam in the front. It is an excellent all-around destroyer/cruiser.

Conformative Nephelim
The Nephelim class is even stronger than the Runesmasher. It carries heavier weaponry and a larger hull that looks like it came from Star Wars if you squint hard enough. No, harder. Harder. YOU'RE NOT SQUINTING HARD ENOUGH!!!!
(the last lines were a joke :) )

Credits to Chaos Theory for the Atom Smasher (advanced weapons thread)

Conformative Conversion Mine
The Conformative Conversion Bomb (CCB) is extremely deadly. When it is touched, it detonates in a deadly flash, launching shrapnel everywhere. "What's one tiny mine gonna do to an Archon?" Last words of Commander Xiang.

An Abberron Frigate being completely demolished by a well-placed mine.

1. Defense Station "Minority"
The Minority is a small, though(contrary to it's name) extremely mass produced. It can easily be destroyed by the smallest of fighters.

2. Reclaimer
A deadly ship, the Reclaimer usually follows enemy ships around, bombarding it with it's guns.

3. Impending Abet
The Impending Abet(Literally: Impending Assist) is a craft that has no actual weapons, but was created to repair other craft while defending them from harm. It is also a transport.

4. Warfang
The Warfang is the smallest ship in the Conformative. It's a huge annoyance as well, as it is seen alongside Nephelim-class ships.

Yxonumei
The Yxonumei is a strong cruiser all in it's own. It fires deadly Lucifer nukes, and it's Plasma Rays cut through starship armor easily, eating it away.

Balor
The Balor class destroyer isn't that well armed. You have the basic Ion-Beamers, two Snipe Cannons, an Ion Blaster, and the point defenses. The one thing that seperates the Balor from the rest of the fleet is it's deflectors.

Andromeda Heat-Seeking Anti-Ship Missile.
The Andromeda is a fast anti-ship missile. It is effective against anything that moves slowly enough for it to drill into the hull and explode.

Future Ship:
This ship is me testing the shading, and adding doodads.
Last edited by Magick on Thu Aug 14, 2008 3:23 am, edited 13 times in total.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

you screwed up some stretching on some of the weapons. But you have marginally improved.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
xphoenix87
Commander
Commander

Post by xphoenix87 »

The depth is wrong on the upper pulsar/flux combo. There's also a mirroring error with the aegis on the back.

Not a bad ship. The one thing I don't understand is why the core is so far forward. That's just a recipe for disaster.
[b][color=indigo][size=184]The Do'Rylus Armada[/size][/color][/b]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2501][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/xphoenix87/BFscreen0107-1-2-1.jpg[/img][/url]
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

The outer shape sucks, but you're getting the hang of the way sections layer and tile. gj.
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

xphoenix87 wrote:The depth is wrong on the upper pulsar/flux combo. There's also a mirroring error with the aegis on the back.

Not a bad ship. The one thing I don't understand is why the core is so far forward. That's just a recipe for disaster.
Because i dislike building ships from the back. I only build from the middle/back if i'm building a symmetrical/asymmetrical station, respectively.

Also, i think i'm improving on everything except shape...
DoubleThink wrote:The outer shape sucks, but you're getting the hang of the way sections layer and tile. gj.
BoVinE wrote:you screwed up some stretching on some of the weapons. But you have marginally improved.
Thanks. I'll try and fix it.

-Nephelim Added!
-Backstory Links Added!
Comments?(please comment on backstory:P)
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

Loldoublepostfish
(reference gets a cookie)

-Conversion Bomb added!
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

MAJOR update:

-Posted 6 new ships:
Balor, Yxonumei, Impending Abet, Reclaimer, Minority, and Warfang.
Four small ships, one small destroyer, and one bigger ship.

-Updated the Conversion Mine's Picture.

Please, somebody stop my triple posting!

THIS ISN'T SPAMFEST!!!!!

MOD EDIT; I'm stopping it here and now. You have received an official warning for spamming, for two reasons1) triple posting is not allowed 2) There's a fucking EDIT button on the right side of your post. USE IT. ~AD

Sorry.... :cry:
Last edited by Magick on Wed Aug 13, 2008 4:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aralonia
Butt Admiral
Butt Admiral

Re: The Conformative

Post by Aralonia »

Magick wrote:fires deadly Lucifer nukes directly from the bridge
¯\(°_o)/¯

Worst explanation for weapons fire, EVER. EVEREVEREVER. I don't even want to think about it more than I already have. Christ, my brain hurts. Please. Change this. Now.
DPUO wrote:<+AirHippo> Funnily enough, folks who abide by the law and try to make something of their lives don't appreciate the rich kids of rich parents getting away with murder and skimming through life.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Re: The Conformative

Post by DeathsHand »

Magick wrote:fires deadly Lucifer nukes directly from the bridge
:shock: Apparently, in this alternative universe, being at the helm of the ship is NOT a good position for a rank advancement.

You traitor! This'll mean captain for you!
God no! Please! Please just give me the court martial!
I'm sorry ensign, but your death at the control of the Lucifer will ensure that our struggle shall live on. Now get up there and get incinerated like a man!
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

That's it
s entire point of weakness: It kills itself slowly XD

Edit:
-Changed to Brig :P
Poor prisoners.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

Typically you have a brig because you don't want your prisoners dead.

Think about it... Would it be that difficult to have an array of launchers somewhere?
Magick
Captain
Captain

Post by Magick »

DoubleThink wrote:Typically you have a brig because you don't want your prisoners dead.

Think about it... Would it be that difficult to have an array of launchers somewhere?
FIXXXEEDDDD.

A new picture has been posted.
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

They have a lot of pieces, but the pieces don't really do much except well, clutter it.

You have a solid body, which is a good start, but then you just add on multicolored pieces, there's no illusion of depth, really.

You also have PD spam, but most importantly, your weapons seem placed entirely at random, with no reason to them.

They have a good starting point, but there's plenty of room for improvement.
Ixranin
Captain
Captain

Post by Ixranin »

Uhm... You put an image link in your "Location" profile field and it's really stretching the user info side of the forums. >_>
Empty
Captain
Captain

Post by Empty »

He's just working out how to get his avatar xD