The Mars People's Union

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

[OT] Xphoenix, huge signature is huge, please make it a bit smaller.

Your ships look pretty good, and I'm personally a fan of the green/red colorscheme. I really like the highlights with the aegis on the Trotsky, try doing this on your smaller ships too. The turrets are a little stretched, but otherwise look pretty good. You may want to rethink the 4-railgun weapon turret, because it looks a little repetitive and ugly currently, though it is original. I'd suggest layering the railguns so that the 'legs' of the railguns are almost touching, to make it looks less like three/four guns and more like one really long gun.
Two little nitpicks, first your weapon calibers break your scale completely (on one ship, 1pixel<=1meter according to the ship length, while according to the caliber, 2pixels=31cm), think about re-doing or leaving out the numbers. Second, set your ship glow to black, it makes the ships look in-game like they do in the shipbuilder a lot more, instead of slightly jelly-ish.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
xphoenix87
Commander
Commander

Post by xphoenix87 »

Thought it might be a bit large. I've been messing with it tonight. Better?

I like that idea about bringing the railguns closer together. I'm not sure if it would actually look good, but I think it would certainly look better.
[b][color=indigo][size=184]The Do'Rylus Armada[/size][/color][/b]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2501][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/xphoenix87/BFscreen0107-1-2-1.jpg[/img][/url]
natan_j
Commander
Commander

Post by natan_j »

I'd say it looks pretty good:
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2267]Ships of the Imperial Tul'tharian Navy.[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2878]Minifleet Project.[/url]
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

I would of prefered the "blimp" shape that the Kirov and stuff had on your dreadnought. The Krov reminds me of Kirov airships in Ra3...
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Commodore111 wrote:I would of prefered the "blimp" shape that the Kirov and stuff had on your dreadnought. The Krov reminds me of Kirov airships in Ra3...
Ah, Kirov Airship... my favourite unit(along with the siege copters)... Anyway, about the ship glow, I have problems with it. I assume the ship glow you are talking here is the "fade colour" setting from the ship core, I had changed into black, but when I test the ship in game, the ship still glows... can anyone help me?
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
The Free City-states of Luna
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

CheesyErwin wrote:
Commodore111 wrote:I would of prefered the "blimp" shape that the Kirov and stuff had on your dreadnought. The Krov reminds me of Kirov airships in Ra3...
Ah, Kirov Airship... my favourite unit(along with the siege copters)... Anyway, about the ship glow, I have problems with it. I assume the ship glow you are talking here is the "fade colour" setting from the ship core, I had changed into black, but when I test the ship in game, the ship still glows... can anyone help me?
Interesting as well, that the actual Kirov battlecruiser is just as heavily armed as this BSF incarnation :D .
S͜͟t̷̀̀͟i̷͢ļ̸̕͞l̸̶͞ ̷̢͘͟l̡͟͝u̴̵̸͜͢r̴̸̨k͏͟į̨͜n̛g̸͢͝
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

DeathsHand wrote:
CheesyErwin wrote:
Interesting as well, that the actual Kirov battlecruiser is just as heavily armed as this BSF incarnation :D .
In Ra3 Kirovs are so low they get killed before they can drop any bombs. :D

Still, all of your ships were kinda, roundish, but then the dreadnought turned into a cheese wedge of death. The basic shape just doesn't make it fit in.
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Things are getting off topic... and I have to pull it back.

My question is still remain unanswered: How can I change the ship's glow?
-CheesyErwin.
The one who makes the best[Claim disputed] mechas with BSF currently. (And the creator of the Sabot Cannon of the BSFCE.)

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
DeathsHand
Captain
Captain

Post by DeathsHand »

CheesyErwin wrote:Things are getting off topic... and I have to pull it back.

My question is still remain unanswered: How can I change the ship's glow?

Just go to options on the games menu, and set all glow colors to black, if you want the glow to be gone.
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

Thanks, I am currently overhauling my ships, making it more visually appealing, I will post them here later.
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

natan_j wrote:I'd say it looks pretty good:
No. Just no. Don't do it, for the love of god.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
CheesyErwin
Captain
Captain

Post by CheesyErwin »

I had completed with the overhauling, but croping images is a tedious work, but I will try my best to get everyone entertained with this gameplay video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4bu66Mcympk

This introduces two new ships of the MPF, the Ural Gunship and the Marx Transport.
-CheesyErwin.

Worlds At War Universe:
The Earth Coaltion
Mars People's Union