The Mechanim Dominion

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

antisocialmunky wrote:
Darale Rephamis
Da Real Seraphim. :roll:

I hate you all.
Actually, it's an anagram of "Aradel Seraphim", genius. :roll: I have too much fucking self respect to use "Da Real" in any sense refering to myself. I have no interesting in sounding like a thug gangsta rapper or stupid white trash.

Anyway, made major overhauls on the ship. Looks completely different now. Will hold off on posting until it's complete, however.
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

Aradel...

Sorry, unintuitive pronouns don't count. The only thing of note I get from googling Aradel is an Alexander Key book :-\. Not really sure what's its referencing other than possibly your name or some sort of outrageous part of the english adjective bank.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

Aradel is the head of the SIUS, or something like that.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Anna
The artist formerly known as SilverWingedSeraph

Post by Anna »

If you'd even bothered to search THIS FORUM, you'd have found numerous, numerous posts refering to Aradel Seraphim, the CEO and President of Seraphim Industries. :roll:
Founder and Event Coordinator for the BSF Beauty Pageant. Founder of the Pseudo-Chainship Project. Admin. Games Master.
Quality Control Enforcer
Gay cute girl and fucking proud of it.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Okay, I see. I did search after Bovine's post and before yours. Found like 10is. :o

PS.
*AHEM*
@Darale, the two triangle sections before the red core and the read hexagonal sections could be executed better. They are a little blah and somewhat distracting with the fuzzy/sharp contrast. Morso the hexagonal bits since they almost look thrown on. Those little section 9's(IIRC) are a little boring. The tip of that rear part, however looks pretty nice. The gradient on the front is nice too.

There's a mirroring error with the two circles, the one on the bottom is a pixel os so to the right of the top one or the triangularish section is offset.
Darale Rephamis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darale Rephamis »

Anna wrote:Anyway, made major overhauls on the ship. Looks completely different now. Will hold off on posting until it's complete, however.
As promised, the final product has changed significantly since the original concept/WIP. Thanks for the advice from those of you who offered it.
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Wow, it looks alot nicer now. Good shape. The deflectors really make those two sections work. The engine is great too. I can't help but feel that the gradient at the front would be better as a orange/yellow thing since yellow, black, and grey are the main colors.
xphoenix87
Commander
Commander

Post by xphoenix87 »

Definitely better than the first WIP.

I'm a little disappointed there isn't more blue in it. I'm not sure where you'd put it, but I really liked how the yellow and blue looked together.

Maybe it's just because I'm super-anal, but the fact that the front section 5 on the right wing doesn't match up with the wing strut annoys me.

As a whole, I'm just not a huge fan of the wings. The section 25 on the front looks kind of goofy, and the 14s don't really seem to fit either.

For the most part, I'm nitpicking. The main body of the ship is pretty awesome, and the engine is fantastic.
Darale Rephamis
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Darale Rephamis »

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Glad that the improvements I made did the trick. As to the wings, yeah, I can understand why you may dislike them. Those were more of a personal touch than anything else, and I can definitely get why some people might not like them.

antisocialmunky, I don't really have any intentions to change the gradiant to a yellow/orange, as I want it to stand out from the rest of the ship.

xphoenix87, I agree on the lack of blue. I'd also like to put more on there, but I'm not really sure of any way I could make it fit. I'm thinking maybe it might work if I make the engine blue, but I'm not sure yet.

I'll fix up any other problems when I spot them. A download as well as some backstory for the Kkexthrous Dominion (I'm seriously considering changing that name, too), will likely be posted when I wake up. I've been running on nothing but caffeine and processed sugars to keep me awake for the last twenty-four hours, and I need some sleep now.
BoVinE
Commodore
Commodore

Post by BoVinE »

I can tell this is going to get really confusing.
Forgetting internet deadlines since 2003
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

My instincts twitch at the sight of of that section 2 nose. Perhaps there could be alternatives.

Other than that, it's perfect.
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]
Arcalane
Pseudofeline Overlord

Post by Arcalane »

Darale Rephamis wrote:Thanks for the feedback, guys. Glad that the improvements I made did the trick. As to the wings, yeah, I can understand why you may dislike them. Those were more of a personal touch than anything else, and I can definitely get why some people might not like them.
Eh, they look fine to me, though they could do with a bit more armour around the connector. 25s would do the trick.
A download as well as some backstory for the Kkexthrous Dominion (I'm seriously considering changing that name, too), will likely be posted when I wake up.
The Dominion bit works, but Kkexthrous sounds silly. 'nuff said.
  /l、
゙(゚、 。 7
 l、゙ ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ
xphoenix87
Commander
Commander

Post by xphoenix87 »

I was thinking you might be able to change the yellow sections back near the engines to blue. That and maybe the yellow slivers by the core. That might give a bit better blend of the two colors. Of course, that's just guesswork, without actually tinkering with it it's tough for me to see where blue might look good.

I think I'd like the wings a bit more if that sec 25 on the end didn't look so tacked on. Of course, I'm big into things looking all smooth and curvy, so maybe it's just me. :P
[b][color=indigo][size=184]The Do'Rylus Armada[/size][/color][/b]

[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2501][img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y170/xphoenix87/BFscreen0107-1-2-1.jpg[/img][/url]
ArcaneDude
Fleet Admiral
Fleet Admiral

Post by ArcaneDude »

I am astounded by the stupidity of some of the people here. :lol:

Come on. The first thing I did when I saw that ship was check the goddamn IP. Call me paranoid, but there was no way that was a new user.

Anna; Aren't we a sneeky motherfucker?
:wink:

Nice ship though, engine is nice, the core is nicely done, I am so stealing that colorscheme...etc. Very nice work.

EDIT; just saw the finished version; dang that's nice. I assume it's an ally for the technocracy?
Last edited by ArcaneDude on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Check out The Star Wreck project!
Check out the Epic Music Library
And in this Alliance we bestow our hope and will, that the Dogs of War may never harass the people of our homes again, and that it will bring peace, equality and liberty for all in need and despair. One Universe, One Goal. By the Manifest we command this.~ Saren Vil Ush
Master Chief
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Master Chief »

ArcaneDude wrote:Come on. The first thing I did when I saw that ship was check the goddamn IP.
You moderator. :lol:
[b]GONE UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE[/b]