Another Newbie, Allo!

Archives for ships and fleets. 'nuff said. Most of the ships here are very very old and will not work in current versions of BSF or SM. You have been warned!

Moderators: th15, Moderators

Marasmusine
Ensign
Ensign

Another Newbie, Allo!

Post by Marasmusine »

Hello to everyone. I've been playing Battleships Forever for a few days now and jolly nice it is too.
Here's my first crack at some custom ships, and I'm hoping these img will tags work, as they don't in the preview.

"The Prince" and "The Consort" are a light and heavy battleship respectively.
Having not been on the forums much yet, I've yet to learn what might be considered a cliched design, so feedback appreciated. I think possibly these two might be a bit too haphazard. The turret mounts on the section 13's at the rear are modified gatling blasters, firing 2 bursts of 2 instead of 1 burst of 4, in glorious pink: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3163/272 ... bab25b.jpg
"The Empress" is the Regency's standard carrier class.
Last edited by Marasmusine on Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Signature unavailable for comment.
Darkship
Captain
Captain

Post by Darkship »

use photobucket (www.photobucket.com), its better. As for the ships, can i have a bigger picture, they look like they have a funky new design, which is good.

edit: yay big pictures

now my thoughts, nice new design, very different from what is seen here usually, alien parts will have with the alien feel of the design.
Last edited by Darkship on Fri Aug 01, 2008 11:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3979][color=BLACK][b]Assorted Randomness[/b][/color][/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2727][color=Red][b]The Tal'Vorah Fleet[/b][/color][/url]
Exethalion
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by Exethalion »

These aren't at all cliche designs. They are quite strange, I would recommend trying a few more of the 'alien' sections. The Teal overlays look good.

For the pics, snip the ?v=0 bit off the end of the links and it should work.
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

Hey Welcome to the forums, I hope you have a good time here.

Now to the ships: I'm not a big fan of the colorcheme but thats not important. the shapes are cool and they aren't overgunned. Maybe there might be a bit to much pc for my taste. also there are some badly overstreched sections on the bigger ship.

also to get those image tags to work you simly have to delete the "?v=0" part then it will work fine

meh.. exe was faster :(
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Marasmusine
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Marasmusine »

Thanks for the warm (and rapid) welcome. The magenta is custom colour, whilst the teal is player defined. I see what you mean about the overstretch.
DoubleThink
Captain
Captain

Post by DoubleThink »

The color scheme is quite awesome. The ships do seem a tad bit haphazard, but the originality of them makes up for that. Keep building, I want to see what more you do.
Commodore111
Commodore
Commodore

Post by Commodore111 »

They look like both alien ships and pirate ships.

They're alien pirates!
antisocialmunky
Vice Admiral
Vice Admiral

Post by antisocialmunky »

This color scheme must die for the following reason:

The Barney fleet burns so horribly.

EDIT: After looking at them abit longer. They do have an interesting shape... But the color is just really jarring.
Last edited by antisocialmunky on Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Don’t worry it has airbags.
jwa8402
Admiral
Admiral

Post by jwa8402 »

I think if you added a head onto the second ship it would actually overlay fairly well over the barney pictue :shock:

Ignoring barney for a second(damn you anti now I have that song stuck in my head) The color use is refeshing, as are the unique shapes.

Biggest thing on your second ship is that the core is exposed, try putting a section in front of it like on the first one, since AI target the core.

Would love to see more ships along this line. Still even though its not a noob ship, a shot of ChaosTheory's sword smiting a barney ship would be pure laughs. *edit* make that a video with the 'I hate you, you hate me' themesong
Nevindar
Lieutenant Commander
Lieutenant Commander

Post by Nevindar »

Rather interesting design, I say. Have a cool "organic" feeling to it.
[img]http://img361.imageshack.us/img361/7144/sig2copy5on0jo.jpg[/img]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2085]Random encounters from alternate universes - Update: Sat May 17, 2008[/url]
[url=http://www.wyrdysm.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2057]My Blueprints and shipyards - Updated: Wed Jul 30, 2008[/url]
Marasmusine
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Marasmusine »

I think I have a penchant for pink and cyan from the lightguns from two-player arcade cabinets (Point Blank, Lethal Enforcers, etc.)
I'll work on one more large battleship in this style, using the advice given above. Many thanks!
LordGarcia
Captain
Captain

Post by LordGarcia »

yeah keep that style, I really like how all the blue pieces touch eachother, gives it a skeleton-ish feeling
Himura.Kenshin said: What kind of pure, absolute [i]retard[/i] would run a bomb by Windows?
Marasmusine
Ensign
Ensign

Post by Marasmusine »

As suggested, I've put some protection in front of The Consort's core, and enlarged the gatling blasters a little (as they do damage 19 now)

For The Empress, I've tried to use more Alien pieces.